SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

27 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Weak response

You have an entire thread devoted to shitting on the guy. It’s absolutely appropriate to post his accolades.

Cry me a damn river

not interested in your opinion 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Clearly you have no interest.

Which is why you keep responding on this thread.

I have interest in our team and our players, I guess you do too

I'm not posting on. Bisonville giving props to all the Und kids in the nhl 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

I have interest in our team and our players, I guess you do too

I'm not posting on. Bisonville giving props to all the Und kids in the nhl 

Is there a thread on bisonville devoted to shitting on TJ Oshie and Zach Parise?

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Is there a thread on bisonville devoted to shitting on TJ Oshie and Zach Parise?

Posted before but must have not hit reply

i don’t hope against Carson or others in the nfl, some do

im a Und fan and have 1900 posts

you are a bison fan and have 3200 posts here, how many on bisonville?

isn’t America great 

let’s go Sioux 

8 minutes ago, Kab said:

Posted before but must have not hit reply

i don’t hope against Carson or others in the nfl, some do

im a Und fan and have 1900 posts

you are a bison fan and have 3200 posts here, how many on bisonville?

isn’t America great 

let’s go Sioux 

I enjoy a good sports discussion. Bisonville isn’t a good place for that.

Most days I find that outlet here from people who’d I’d likely enjoy a beer and a chat with in the real world, regardless of the college logo I wear I on my shirt.

Today in this thread was not one of those days.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I enjoy a good sports discussion. Bisonville isn’t a good place for that.

Most days I find that outlet here from people who’d I’d likely enjoy a beer and a chat with in the real world, regardless of the college logo I wear I on my shirt.

Today in this thread was not one of those days.

Bisonville is a NICHE chat forum:-)   go away troll!

17 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Wow…ok so 25 then? Pick a number under 32 and my point is still valid. There isn’t a single person on this board that is in the top 32 at their job in the world.

Good lord, some of you people need to grow the hell up. Because a kid went to your rival school you’re cheering for him to fail and are giddy with excitement when he doesn’t play well. It’s a sad existence. Life is more fun if you look for reasons to cheer people on, especially when it’s a North Dakota kid.

honestly, it has nothing to do with carson, i have never met him, but by most all accounts he is a great guy, with a strong faith, and a great family...most peoples problem actualy is with the Bison fans that instantly went out and bought Eagles jerseys, and were suddenly the biggest Philly fans, the stupid KVLY that suddenly had to broadcast all the Eagles games, when there is clearly more fans of other teams, than of the eagles in the upper mid west, and on, and on, and on.  just wondering when they will pick up all the 49ers games, now that Lance is starting?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

Most on that list?  That’s a strong stretch.   

I’m genuinely curious on your thoughts. I’ll be conservative with my list to not be a homer, but I think there are three more on the list below that you could make an argument for Carson having a better career than.

Yes=Carson is better

No=He isn’t

Yes #1   Sam Bradford   QB   Oklahoma   St. Louis Rams
Yes #25   Tim Tebow   QB   Florida   Denver BroncoS

No #1   Cam Newton   QB   Auburn   Carolina Panthers
Yes #8   Jake Locker   QB   Washington   Tennessee Titans
Yes #10   Blaine Gabbert   QB   Missouri   Jacksonville Jaguars
Yes #12   Christian Ponder   QB   Florida State   Minnesota Vikings

No #1   Andrew Luck   QB   Stanford   Indianapolis Colts
Yes #2   Robert Griffin   QB   Baylor   Washington Redskins
No #8   Ryan Tannehill   QB   Texas A&M   Miami Dolphins
Yes #22   Brandon Weeden   QB   Oklahoma State   Cleveland Browns

Yes #16   EJ Manuel   QB   Florida State   Buffalo Bills

Yes #3   Blake Bortles   QB   Central Florida   Jacksonville Jaguars
Yes #22   Johnny Manziel   QB   Texas A&M   Cleveland Browns
No #32   Teddy Bridgewater   QB   Louisville   Minnesota Vikings

No #1   Jameis Winston   QB   Florida State   Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Yes #2   Marcus Mariota   QB   Oregon   Tennessee Titans

No #1   Jared Goff   QB   California   Los Angeles Rams
#2   Carson Wentz   QB   North Dakota State   Philadelphia Eagles
Yes #26   Paxton Lynch   QB   Memphis   Denver Broncos

Yes #2   Mitchell Trubisky   QB   North Carolina   Chicago Bears
No #10   Patrick Mahomes   QB   Texas Tech   Kansas City Chiefs
No #12   Deshaun Watson   QB   Clemson   Houston Texans

No #1   Baker Mayfield   QB   Oklahoma   Cleveland Browns
Yes #3   Sam Darnold   QB   USC   New York Jets
No #7   Josh Allen   QB   Wyoming   Buffalo Bills
Yes #10   Josh Rosen   QB   UCLA   Arizona Cardinals
No #32   Lamar Jackson   QB   Louisville   Baltimore Ravens

No #1   Kyler Murray   QB   Oklahoma   Arizona Cardinals
Yes #6   Daniel Jones   QB   Duke   New York Giants
Yes #15   Dwayne Haskins   QB   Ohio State   Washington Redskins

Where do I have it wrong?

Baker, Teddy and Jameis are the 3 that I think an argument could be made, but it’s close so I left them as a “No”

would love to see your thoughts 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 1972 said:

honestly, it has nothing to do with carson, i have never met him, but by most all accounts he is a great guy, with a strong faith, and a great family...most peoples problem actualy is with the Bison fans that instantly went out and bought Eagles jerseys, and were suddenly the biggest Philly fans, the stupid KVLY that suddenly had to broadcast all the Eagles games, when there is clearly more fans of other teams, than of the eagles in the upper mid west, and on, and on, and on.  just wondering when they will pick up all the 49ers games, now that Lance is starting?

Any fan base can be annoying, especially when they are on a winning streak.

But how can you fault people in North Dakota for being excited for the first ever Top 5 pick from the state? And then businesses just doing what businesses do and trying to make money off of it.

Seems pretty reasonable to me, even if it is annoying to other fanbases, you must see the logic in it right?

• Upvote 2

Why people wouldn't support the local kids, and actually belittle them, is beyond me.  Just having a cup of coffee in the NFL for a ND kid is something to celebrate.  I don't recall Jim K or Phil H getting the crap that Carson does.  He's only the 27th best QB in the world?  Oh god, let's disown that guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Any fan base can be annoying, especially when they are on a winning streak.

But how can you fault people in North Dakota for being excited for the first ever Top 5 pick from the state? And then businesses just doing what businesses do and trying to make money off of it.

Seems pretty reasonable to me, even if it is annoying to other fanbases, you must see the logic in it right?

I have never liked fans who change allegiances at the drop of a hat. If someone in my extended family played for the Packers, I would not become a Packer fan (just typing that makes me cringe). When Darin Erstad was drafted by the Angels and made it the majors, a bunch of people jumped on the Angles bandwagon. Not just wishing Erstad the best in his career, but jumping on the bandwagon 1000%. That has always annoyed me as a sports fan.

45 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Why people wouldn't support the local kids, and actually belittle them, is beyond me.  Just having a cup of coffee in the NFL for a ND kid is something to celebrate.  I don't recall Jim K or Phil H getting the crap that Carson does.  He's only the 27th best QB in the world?  Oh god, let's disown that guy.

I think Jimmy K being drafted by the Vikings was smoother since there are a lot of Vikings fans within the UND fan base. Phil H was drafted by the Bills, a team in the AFC East. Not too many strong feelings about the Bills one way or the other in the Midwest. Supporting a local kid in his professional endeavors is fine. Jumping on and off bandwagons because of it is what annoys most people.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have never liked fans who change allegiances at the drop of a hat. If someone in my extended family played for the Packers, I would not become a Packer fan (just typing that makes me cringe). When Darin Erstad was drafted by the Angels and made it the majors, a bunch of people jumped on the Angles bandwagon. Not just wishing Erstad the best in his career, but jumping on the bandwagon 1000%. That has always annoyed me as a sports fan.

Fair enough

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

jim and phil didn't get crap bc they earned their money for many many years....right now Carson and Trey are stealing. that's not the north dakota way.

I am not a Wentz hater and he got a big payday so good for him.

This was a fivethirtyeight article from a few years ago when he was still in Philly.  Lots of statistical analysis referenced (Elo rating, etc.).  I couldn't find the Elo rating from last year. 

What I took out of it was that some of the blame went to the poor cast around him but he wasn't very good either.   

Example - He was throwing into more tight coverages (maybe people not getting open) but he was below average vs other QBs when comparing to their throws into tight coverages also.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/carson-wentz-is-in-freefall-and-the-eagles-are-going-down-with-him/

17 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I am not a Wentz hater and he got a big payday so good for him.

This was a fivethirtyeight article from a few years ago when he was still in Philly.  Lots of statistical analysis referenced (Elo rating, etc.).  I couldn't find the Elo rating from last year. 

What I took out of it was that some of the blame went to the poor cast around him but he wasn't very good either.   

Example - He was throwing into more tight coverages (maybe people not getting open) but he was below average vs other QBs when comparing to their throws into tight coverages also.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/carson-wentz-is-in-freefall-and-the-eagles-are-going-down-with-him/

Very interesting analysis.

Clearly his last couple of years in Philly were rough. He actually played quite well in Indy outside of a couple of games. Hoping he finds his stride again in Washington.