SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Good grief, you are all starting to sound like an old couple. "How can I turn this into an argument, and if it doesn't work, I'll argue it anyway".

Was the shirt stupid, Yes. Have other fans acknowledged the stupidity of the shirt, Yes. 

Is it comparable to wearing a Sioux shirt, No. Is it comparable to wearing the "F&@! the NCAA" shirts that were floating around the Ralph several years ago, Yes, they could be put in that same categories.

Does NDSU have some idiot student. Of course. Does UND have some idiot students. Of Course

...... See where I'm going with this? All teams have players who get into trouble (not acceptable, but a fact). All Schools have students who are morons (not acceptable, but a fact). All media outlets, are going to report stories like the t-shirt, the arrest, etc, and ask the administration questions. (It is what the media does). All administrative members are going to responds with a politically correct tone, not condoning insensitive behavior (It is was administrative people to in today's world). We're all pretty similar in many regards, so if we break it down, it becomes us bickering over who's institution has the lesser of the morons.

For what its worth, I'm sure NDSU officials weren't exactly thrilled to see that picture plastered all over in association with their school name. Even more so, I'm sure the kids parent weren't thrilled either. I'd be having a talk with my son about what is funny and what is just stupid. 

Bottom line, the shirt speak volumes more about the character of the kid, than the character of the University.

Doesn't look like a kid to me, looks like an adult.  

4 minutes ago, Herd said:

Doesn't look like a kid to me, looks like an adult.  

Whatever, point is, wearing something like that says more about the individual than the school as a whole. I'm not going to lump all NDSU fans into that group. Though there are plenty over on BV that would be happy to place t-shirt orders.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Chris Farley U strikes again - no need to make stuff up they are a hot bed for Saturday Night Live skit material. I cannot remember the last time I saw any derogatory SU shirts at a UND event and especially one that did not involve SU  - the inferiority complex is never ending.

So somebody disrespecting you guys is an inferiority complex?  Yeah okay. 

2 hours ago, Northcountry said:

I agree that UND administration getting upset is, if not silly, at least not worth the energy.  UND has moved past the nickname issue (officially, not yet generally) and the Fighting Sioux name no longer officially exists. UND does not use or promote it.  Therefore the shirt in question cannot be in reference to a name that no longer exists and must reflect only the attitude that this individual has toward Native Americans in general or toward members of the Sioux Nation specifically.  If this guy wants to show off his blatant racism at the same time that he mindlessly fawns over the NDSU football program, then that is his problem and the problem of NDSU.  The University of North Dakota should not be concerned about how others approach the Sioux name because it is not connected to them.  Why this guy so obviously hates Native Americans is beyond me - I'm just happy he has nothing ill to say about the University of North Dakota.

This guy is trying to show is dislike und, with a very misplaced display.  I'm pretty sure I can't assume he hates native Americans any more than I can assume people wearing fighting Sioux stuff hate native Americans.  No one hates native Americans, they just don't.  It may be offensive to NA's, but no one at und or ndsu hates NAs.  Kids chanting stuff at football games  don't hate NA.  Not even close.  

2 minutes ago, Herd said:

This guy is trying to show is dislike und, will a very misplaced display.  I'm pretty sure I can't assume he hates native Americans any more than I can assume people wearing fighting Sioux stuff hate native Americans.  No one hates native Americans, they just don't.  It may be offensive to NA's, but no one at und or ndsu hates NAs.

Well, there are those people, but it has nothing to do with this. 

Guy hates UND, is trying to be clever, and ends up (IMO) looks stupid and tactless. (Yes, UND fans, we have people who make similar choices; ex. Blackface, SiouxperDrunk shirts, F%$k the NCAA shirts, etc.) The guy is a moron.

I'm sure UND didn't like that, as they have tried to distance themselves with the name and logo, and I'm sure NDSU didn't like it, as they don't want their school associated with someone making (what could be perceived as) derogatory remarks.

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Well, there are those people, but it has nothing to do with this. 

Guy hates UND, is trying to be clever, and ends up (IMO) looks stupid and tactless. (Yes, UND fans, we have people who make similar choices; ex. Blackface, SiouxperDrunk shirts, F%$k the NCAA shirts, etc.) The guy is a moron.

I'm sure UND didn't like that, as they have tried to distance themselves with the name and logo, and I'm sure NDSU didn't like it, as they don't want their school associated with someone making (what could be perceived as) derogatory remarks.

Agreed on all points.  Und admin is a lot better off not responding to stuff like this.  No one at ndsu would think that this shirt is appropriate.

3 minutes ago, Herd said:

Agreed on all points.  Und admin is a lot better off not responding to stuff like this.  No one at ndsu would think that this shirt is appropriate.

Agreed. Faison was asked about it today on the radio. Pretty much just said he though the shirt was disgusting, and that was about it.

The idiot in the shirt was very intentional about his actions and his message. He bought the shirt (might have even designed it) and made the choice to wear it in a public event. Actually looks like the kind of guy that still lives in his parent's basement. 

20 hours ago, CMSioux said:

The idiot in the shirt was very intentional about his actions and his message. He bought the shirt (might have even designed it) and made the choice to wear it in a public event. Actually looks like the kind of guy that still lives in his parent's basement. 

It's surprising some one hasn't identified this person yet. Talk about embarassing

13 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

It's surprising some one hasn't identified this person yet. Talk about embarassing

Ok, say "Jane Doe" like the police would, until he's identified.

Na, the NDSU police department would do better than that, maybe, "Bizon Joe".

From the pic, a male surrounded by Bizon fans, even could be reserved section.

Looks older than normal student, possibly has season tickets and an Alumni?

18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Freaking pathetic. Poor little snowflakes. They are going to have a very rude awakening when they get out from under momas umbrella.

One would think they would but unfortunately the country continues to cater to people like this all through their lives and I don't see this changing as their votes are too important to lawmakers  

42 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Not even remotely close to the scale of what is going on today. 

But its not an empty road with no one protesting. He's had a lot of death threats over the last 8 years, there was a lot of hate out there back in 08 and in 12 just like today. Social media and media in general helps fuel that fire. 

• Upvote 1