SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

2 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

No, the point of the post is that fans of other schools say that. It's obvious to all but the most embittered rivals.

only one data point but a co-worker came back from a Minnesota-NDSU football game a few years ago and couldn't believe how arrogant and obnoxious the NDSU fans were.  He is not  a UM fan and was pretty open minded going into the game but was completely turned off by the NDSU fans that he encountered. 

There are good and bad fans of all teams.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gothmog said:

Tell that to the people who write letters to the editor. I suspect they would laugh at you.

NDSU letters to the editor lost all credibility to me when huge NDSU supporter Bob Johnson (or something like that) wrote to the forum a few weeks ago.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

only one data point but a co-worker came back from a Minnesota-NDSU football game a few years ago and couldn't believe how arrogant and obnoxious the NDSU fans were.  He is not  a UM fan and was pretty open minded going into the game but was completely turned off by the NDSU fans that he encountered. 

There are good and bad fans of all teams.

I had a few Bison azzhats next to me this last weekend. I was hoping they would get the hint of my displeasure but they were too busy being jerks and I finally had to say something.

7 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I had a few Bison azzhats next to me this last weekend. I was hoping they would get the hint of my displeasure but they were too busy being jerks and I finally had to say something.

Every fan base has good ones and bad ones.  Bison fans have lots to be proud of.   

29 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Love some of the comments here...

pre-Iowa game:  the Hawkeyes aren't Iowa State or Kansas.  They're gonna roll NDSU bad!

30 seconds post-Iowa game:  Meh.  Worst Iowa team I've seen in recent memory.  A six-win season at best.

its probably bc its the first game a lot of people have seen iowa play in ten years and then say to themselves..."that's pig10 football?"....no wonder the sec and pac 12 look down on them (unless its ohio state with urban)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

its probably bc its the first game a lot of people have seen iowa play in ten years and then say to themselves..."that's pig10 football?"....no wonder the sec and pac 12 look down on them (unless its ohio state with urban)

I think there is an equation for it.

B10 - OSU = MAC + W/hotter cheerleaders 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Love some of the comments here...

pre-Iowa game:  the Hawkeyes aren't Iowa State or Kansas.  They're gonna roll NDSU bad!

30 seconds post-Iowa game:  Meh.  Worst Iowa team I've seen in recent memory.  A six-win season at best.

I'm pleasantly surprised there are UND fans with comments like the one you just quoted yet floating around; we all know such UND alliances are fading each and every week around here. NDSU continues to impress the masses and load up the bandwagon. 

17 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

So out of the tens of thousands of fans who have interacted with bison fans this year, there are not just one, but two documented positive experiences. Let me be the first to say,

We're happy for you.  

As I said before, it's obvious to all but the most embittered rivals. The fact that it's not obvious to you says a lot more about you than it does about NDSU's program or its fans. 

• Downvote 5

47 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

As I said before, it's obvious to all but the most embittered rivals. The fact that it's not obvious to you says a lot more about you than it does about NDSU's program or its fans. 

i just read that Kim Jong Un got a couple rave reviews in the North Korea Times.  

Guess that settles it for me; he must be a helluva nice guy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I'm an NDSU fan and the Bison fanbase is extremely obnoxious.  The only fanbase more obnoxious are the Sioux hockey fanbase.

We've had years of experience... LOL 

Actually, I wanted to say that when I say that I think NDSU should move up, it's not so UND can avoid them.  I really believe that they have a golden opportunity to move to FBS and shouldn't pass it up.  I'd like to see an FBS team out of North Dakota.  We all know it won't be UND anytime soon, if ever.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I'm an NDSU fan and the Bison fanbase is extremely obnoxious.  The only fanbase more obnoxious are the Sioux hockey fanbase.

I was really turned off by obnoxious Sioux hockey fans the last few years I lived in GF.  

After moving to the Twin Cities I found that in general Gopher hockey fans are more obnoxious and many of them are much less knowledgeable about the game.  Their feelings of superiority drive me nuts. I quickly found a new bond with UND hockey.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was really turned off by obnoxious Sioux hockey fans the last few years I lived in GF.  

After moving to the Twin Cities I found that in general Gopher hockey fans are more obnoxious and many of them are much less knowledgeable about the game.  Their feelings of superiority drive me nuts. I quickly found a new bond with UND hockey.

I would agree with that statement. I have to shake my head many times when I hear some new UND hockey fans talk, and especially the ones that are in the hockey only crowd and thumb their nose to the football team.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2016 at 9:13 PM, Hayduke said:

We've had years of experience... LOL 

Actually, I wanted to say that when I say that I think NDSU should move up, it's not so UND can avoid them.  I really believe that they have a golden opportunity to move to FBS and shouldn't pass it up.  I'd like to see an FBS team out of North Dakota.  We all know it won't be UND anytime soon, if ever.  

Unless you're Siouxvolley lol

• Upvote 1