SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

On 11/8/2016 at 2:41 PM, Herd said:

That shirt in the Fargodome is offensive imo.  In others opinion, wearing fighting Sioux gear is offensive.   Who is to say what's offensive, you?  Und president?  I'm pretty sure offensive is in the eye of the beholder.

This is just a silly argument.  People have different opinions of what is offensive but I doubt you could find anyone to say that shirt in the Fargodome is not offensive if they were being honest.   Depicting anyone or any group in that manner is crude and offensive to 99.9% of humans.    

You can certainly find a few of the 'chronically and habitually offended' that would find UND Fighting Sioux gear offensive but not many.  Go to the reservations in ND and take note of all the Fighting Sioux clothing you see.  Going out on a limb here but you probably won't find many shirts like that moron wore in the same places.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

No doubt. And there is no end in sight 9 days after the elections.

Thats sad, its not like the vote was 269-269 with 1 vote left. Trump won fair and square, they need to go home and think about what went wrong and how to make it right in 4 years. What went wrong was Debbie Wassermann-Schultz blackballing Bernie off the ticket in favor of Hillary. They should be protesting her (Schultz) not Trump. I didn't vote for Trump, but I also am not going to go out and protest about him winning. Lets see what he does starting Jan, 20, and take it from there. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Thats sad, its not like the vote was 269-269 with 1 vote left. Trump won fair and square, they need to go home and think about what went wrong and how to make it right in 4 years. What went wrong was Debbie Wassermann-Schultz blackballing Bernie off the ticket in favor of Hillary. They should be protesting her (Schultz) not Trump. I didn't vote for Trump, but I also am not going to go out and protest about him winning. Lets see what he does starting Jan, 20, and take it from there. 

It's looking like he's going to lose the popular vote by 2 million votes and in his first 9 days he's appointed a white nationalist as his chief strategist, an Islamophobe who most in the national security establishment view as a likely Russian spy as his national security advisor, and had a surrogate go on TV and cite the internment of Japanese citizens during WWII as a good historical precedent for setting up a national registry of Muslims.  It seems like the concerns of these protestors are much more legitimate than a bunch of white guys taking over a wildlife refuge because they don't want to pay grazing fees.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

42 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

It's looking like he's going to lose the popular vote by 2 million votes and in his first 9 days he's appointed a white nationalist as his chief strategist, an Islamophobe who most in the national security establishment view as a likely Russian spy as his national security advisor, and had a surrogate go on TV and cite the internment of Japanese citizens during WWII as a good historical precedent for setting up a national registry of Muslims.  It seems like the concerns of these protestors are much more legitimate than a bunch of white guys taking over a wildlife refuge because they don't want to pay grazing fees.

Need some hot cocoa and some play-doh?  Considering the contributions to America (or lack there of) from a large portion of the democratic voting base I don't give a rip about the popular vote!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Although I agree with you, I don't think this is appropriate  (either was the prior political remark) for siouxsports. I prefer to rip on the gophers and bison here in a non partisan way.  

• Upvote 1

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2016/11/22/und-is-part-of-states-football-landscape-again-bison-fans-like-it-or-not/

McFeely has a good blog post. Funny how the Bison got their way with the USD broadcasting rights. Once they hit their skid and don't win Valley titles (let alone NC titles) their negotiating strength will decrease. 

18 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2016/11/22/und-is-part-of-states-football-landscape-again-bison-fans-like-it-or-not/

McFeely has a good blog post. Funny how the Bison got their way with the USD broadcasting rights. Once they hit their skid and don't win Valley titles (let alone NC titles) their negotiating strength will decrease. 

They will always be a power in that conference.  They will always have one of the largest football budgets in that conference and will not lose negotiating strength.  

59 minutes ago, homer said:

They will always be a power in that conference.  They will always have one of the largest football budgets in that conference and will not lose negotiating strength.  

I sure do hate that program and their arrogant fanbase, but I also have unbelievable respect for what they've accomplished. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Too bad the respect will never, EVER go both ways.

All depends. Usually one earns respect. Its not given. 

The main issue is equating negative comments from your fans base to UND as a whole. Yep its painting most with a broad brush just as you do in regards to NDSU.

Some here get it. But---- Far to many have an unhealthy visceral hate. 

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Interesting McFeely read with way too many Bizon compliments. But not in all comments, I'll just take this part out:

"There was also a kerfuffle over TV coverage last weekend at South Dakota. The Coyotes are partnered with Midco Sports Network and, as the home team, wanted exclusive coverage of the game. But NDSU and its TV broadcast partners insisted on also carrying the game. There were discussions. NDSU pushed and the conference sided with the Bison. NDSU’s TV partner also carried the game.

And there seems to be a bafflement over the media restrictions NDSU tried to put in place last summer. Every school in the Valley thirsts for local coverage and most wonder why the Bison would try to limit anybody from covering their team. The move was viewed as arrogant."

SD won't forget this. Just Imagine what the Bizon Athletic Department would of done, if SD's TV network wanted to waltz into the cow sh$t barn for their game last year with them in Fargo????? Which of course SD WON!

I just can't wait for the day they get knocked out of the playoffs.

• Upvote 2