SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

57 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Article should read....."and then NDSU threw a hissy fit and cried to the conference til they got their way."

It's lonely at the top... but it's a b...h at the bottom.  Obviously the MVFC knows who strengthens  their Brand.   Its a no brainer to let the biggest fan base in your conference broadcast the game... 

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Good to know... thanks.

If you don't think playing the best Fcs team in the country and having the game on the most TV's posable is good for your program.  than your program is destined to fail.

Alienating other schools in your conference isn't the best idea either.  It all comes back around eventually. I'm sure USD will not forget this. 

Im sure Midco won't either.  Those advertising $$$ might take a hit when the Bison host two schools that Midco has contracts with.   Last I checked Midco has a much better production than KVLY and is on a lot of TVs in statewide ND.  

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, homer said:

Alienating other schools in your conference isn't the best idea either.  It all comes back around eventually. I'm sure USD will not forget this. 

Im sure Midco won't either.  Those advertising $$$ might take a hit when the Bison host two schools that Midco has contracts with.   Last I checked Midco has a much better production than KVLY and is on a lot of TVs in statewide ND.  

KVLY - Home of the least/worst camera angles possible.  Their production leaves a lot to be desired.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Its a no brainer to let the biggest fan base in your conference broadcast the game... 

You'd think NDSU would have been happy to showcase its brand on something other than whatever garbage production it is that KVLY puts out. Maybe someone in NDSU broadcasting got a kick-back or something again.

15 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Good to know... thanks.

If you don't think playing the best Fcs team in the country and having the game on the most TV's posable is good for your program.  than your program is destined to fail.

Just curious, is it posable  you have a degree from NDSU?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Interesting McFeely read with way too many Bizon compliments. But not in all comments, I'll just take this part out:

"There was also a kerfuffle over TV coverage last weekend at South Dakota. The Coyotes are partnered with Midco Sports Network and, as the home team, wanted exclusive coverage of the game. But NDSU and its TV broadcast partners insisted on also carrying the game. There were discussions. NDSU pushed and the conference sided with the Bison. NDSU’s TV partner also carried the game.

And there seems to be a bafflement over the media restrictions NDSU tried to put in place last summer. Every school in the Valley thirsts for local coverage and most wonder why the Bison would try to limit anybody from covering their team. The move was viewed as arrogant."

SD won't forget this. Just Imagine what the Bizon Athletic Department would of done, if SD's TV network wanted to waltz into the cow sh$t barn for their game last year with them in Fargo????? Which of course SD WON!

I just can't wait for the day they get knocked out of the playoffs.

That could open a huge can of worms for NDSU/KVLY.  If the conference is going to be consistent, Midco just received the ability to broadcast USD and SDSU games at NDSU despite not having an agreement with NDSU.  It would be smart of Midco to force their way into those two games as it will split the watchers on KVLY.  It will definitely give NDSU a bigger market as well but it could mean an all out battle for any game.

10 hours ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Quit acting like you are already equals. ..and it might.  81 and 6> one nice season...

We've always been more than equal--that's why your fanbase is so obsessed with all things UND. There is the time period since both teams turned D-1. But, there's also all the rest of the 100+ years, where UND's record vs Moo U is 62-45-3. That must be the reason for all the buffalo fan hypersensitivity about UND---they just can't stand that the flagship university has basically owned them in head to head competition!

1 hour ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Good to know... thanks.

posable? than? Did you mean possible? Then? I wonder if you even graduated from Moo U. Wait, it wouldn't make any difference!

13 minutes ago, southpaw said:

That could open a huge can of worms for NDSU/KVLY.  If the conference is going to be consistent, Midco just received the ability to broadcast USD and SDSU games at NDSU despite not having an agreement with NDSU.  It would be smart of Midco to force their way into those two games as it will split the watchers on KVLY.  It will definitely give NDSU a bigger market as well but it could mean an all out battle for any game.

It may increase the market for NDSU but it may also decrease the price of the next contract.  If UND does move into the MVFC there will be years when 1/3 of NDSU home games will be picked up by Midco.  And they have a better production by far than KVLY. 

49 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

We've always been more than equal--that's why your fanbase is so obsessed with all things UND. There is the time period since both teams turned D-1. But, there's also all the rest of the 100+ years, where UND's record vs Moo U is 62-45-3. That must be the reason for all the buffalo fan hypersensitivity about UND---they just can't stand that the flagship university has basically owned them in head to head competition!

It's the old AC chip on the shoulder. 

3 hours ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Good to know... thanks.

I'm sure the Bison fans cringe when they see your posts. They would like you to get off their side now......Look at your post!!!.... You are not intelligent. 

17 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

My take on their attitude is that they are tired of being the big brother all the time and would like us to take some iniative and make good choices of our own. 

It's confusing when you say things like "us" and "our".  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

My take on their attitude is that they are tired of being the big brother all the time and would like us to take some iniative and make good choices of our own. 

You have failed miserably in your silly attempt to pretend to be an undercover double agent UND fan with your moronic rhetoric.  Don't quit your day job at Mc Donald's. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Lubowski said:

posable? than? Did you mean possible? Then? I wonder if you even graduated from Moo U. Wait, it wouldn't make any difference!

Garbage Plate most definitely had challenges at Moo U. Just imagine listening to some student like this in your class. Those instructors with cow boy booths had to have kicked him off campus.