SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, Hayduke said:

We've had years of experience... LOL 

Actually, I wanted to say that when I say that I think NDSU should move up, it's not so UND can avoid them.  I really believe that they have a golden opportunity to move to FBS and shouldn't pass it up.  I'd like to see an FBS team out of North Dakota.  We all know it won't be UND anytime soon, if ever.  

Which conference would take them? The Sun Belch? That league is pure garbage. The Big 12? I am not sure they would take a North Dakota school. The MAC? Don't know if they are looking to add teams or not. If NDSU is smart, they'll stay in FCS and not move up to FBS where the closest thing they would get to a "championship" would be a low-level bowl game on a weeknight in the middle of December on ESPN that very few people will be interested in watching. And that is assuming NDSU can increase their athletics budget to a level high enough to have a winning team on a perennial basis.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4138709-ndsu-president-calls-end-hateful-sioux-chant-bison-football-games

The excuse that I hear from Bison fans all the time is the excuse referenced in this article that "its a small and vocal minority that are doing this."  Sorry.  Not buying it.  If its a small minority, the President of the University doesn't issue a statement to all NDSU students.  You just find the guilty parties and deal with them.  Pretty pathetic that they are still doing this.  Of course their comeback could be "as long as you keep referring yourself as the Sioux, we will stop chanting Sioux suck".  

13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4138709-ndsu-president-calls-end-hateful-sioux-chant-bison-football-games

The excuse that I hear from Bison fans all the time is the excuse referenced in this article that "its a small and vocal minority that are doing this."  Sorry.  Not buying it.  If its a small minority, the President of the University doesn't issue a statement to all NDSU students.  You just find the guilty parties and deal with them.  Pretty pathetic that they are still doing this.  Of course their comeback could be "as long as you keep referring yourself as the Sioux, we will stop chanting Sioux suck".  

The first down chant is something a lot of the dome takes part in. The Sioux Suck part, if I had to guess, is maybe 25% of the student section.  

When I got to school in 2010, that was not even a thing. Maybe 2011 or 12 it started to take off. 

I don't see any problem with it. I have been to parties/bars/party buses in GF where a *&%$ the Bison/Gophers chant starts up. Again, good natured...really no different from random "USA, USA" chants breaking out.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Boy paranoia is running rampant at Bisonville. UND is trying to join the MVFC quick let's join the FBS. They will ruin our recruiting advantage. Head over there fun for a knee slapping side aching good read. Caution don't read it with a mouth full of beverage. 

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?37654-We-gaining-a-new-MVFC-team-soon

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?188257-UND-Negotiating-move-to-MVFC-and-Summit

Pretty funny meltdowns on AGS too.

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

My favorite comment by far,

"Can they beat NDSU? Sure. Will they? They're basically on par with USD, so probably not"

Remind me again what happened the last time those two teams got together.

If we were so weak they would be glad to accept us, it's one more team they can beat, but by the sounds of it they are threatened it's going to be the NCC all over again where we overtook them and left them behind with the South Dakota teams. 

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

If we were so weak they would be glad to accept us, it's one more team they can beat, but by the sounds of it they are threatened it's going to be the NCC all over again where we overtook them and left them behind with the South Dakota teams. 

It was definitely entertaining to read

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Boy paranoia is running rampant at Bisonville. UND is trying to join the MVFC quick let's join the FBS. They will ruin our recruiting advantage. Head over there fun for a knee slapping side aching good read. Caution don't read it with a mouth full of beverage. 

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?37654-We-gaining-a-new-MVFC-team-soon

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?188257-UND-Negotiating-move-to-MVFC-and-Summit

Pretty funny meltdowns on AGS too.

My own personal meltdown is enough for me.  :glare:

32 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

The gap is getting closer, but NDSU would easily be the favorite in a playoff game. 

However, we have a shot.   

We match up better with the ndsus,UNIs, citadels of the world than the e wash's, sam Houston's, sdsu's of the world.  I would like to see the committee put und in the ndsu bracket.  

5 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

We match up better with the ndsus,UNIs, citadels of the world than the e wash's, sam Houston's, sdsu's of the world.  I would like to see the committee put und in the ndsu bracket.  

I think that's where we'll be cause it's a bus trip game.  Lennon used to say about the playoffs, "once you're in anything can happen"

9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Interesting wardrobe choices allowed in the fargodome, especially after the recent request by Bresciani to stop the racist chants. 

aewtxu.png

WHOA WHOA WHOA!  If the University of North Dakota would just change its nickname from Fighting Sioux Hawks to something else, racism would cease to exist as we know it in our great state.  Well, at least that's what we were spoon-fed by our media folks.  Speaking of which, let's see if they jump all over this like they did on those stupid Springfest t-shirts a few years ago.  Lemme guess...this guy is actually from Grand Forks and is a UND student...

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA!  If the University of North Dakota would just change its nickname from Fighting Sioux Hawks to something else, racism would cease to exist as we know it in our great state.  Well, at least that's what we were spoon-fed by our media folks.  Speaking of which, let's see if they jump all over this like they did on those stupid Springfest t-shirts a few years ago.  Lemme guess...this guy is actually from Grand Forks and is a UND student...

I'm guessing, but the guy looks like a NDSU (animal science '90) alumni donor, 2.2 overall GPA, season ticket holder, yells SSS at the games.

• Upvote 2