Colten Poolman   Poolman (A)  
  Shaw   Dixon Bowen  
  Chartrand   Christian Evers  

Goaltender    
    Johnson    
    Tomek    
    Hrynkiw    
    Anderson    

I like lines 1-3 the way they are but I think they will probably end up splitting up that 4th line - at least to start the season. probably want to spread the newcomers out with known commodities. Hopefully end the season the way you've got them.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:15 AM, siouxczech29 said:

I'll have a go too, SCPA...

Left Wing   Center   Right Wing
Tyson Jost   Schmaltz (A)   Boeser (A)
Gersich   Gardner   Poganski (A)
Janatuinen   Simonson   Wilkie
Ludvig Hoff   Olson   Gornall
Dixon Bowen   Cole Smith   Zach Yon

Left Defense   Right Defense  
  Ausmus (Cptn)   Wolanin  
  Colten Poolman   Poolman (A)  
  Shaw   Dixon Bowen  
  Chartrand   Christian Evers  

Goaltender    
    Johnson    
    Tomek    
    Hrynkiw    
    Anderson    

I like the idea of going strong up the middle with the four centers being Schmaltz, Jost, Gardner and Simonson. No chance Olson plays center. He has no where near the skating ability to play center .

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, I Ranger said:

I like the idea of going strong up the middle with the four centers being Schmaltz, Jost, Gardner and Simonson. No chance Olson plays center. He has no where near the skating ability to play center .

That's what I was trying to do with my first lineup draft, although I did have Jost and Gardner together I guess.  I just couldn't find another center.  You are definitely right about Olson, he is probably better suited on the wing.

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Not sure on the whole Gopher rivalry dying off. However, I do plan on wearing all of my 2016 national championship gear to Marriuci in November though... does that answer the question?

Hopefully they'll raise the Big 10 champion banner the night we're there :D

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:07 AM, ArchyAlum11 said:

So next year we play the gophers in the regular season again. I have to ask this question, does anyone else think the BigTen might have killed the rivalry? I mean of course the history and tradition always plays a huge part in the rivalry but part of the reason this was always a heated match up is that the Sioux and the Gophers were among the top ten programs in the country and they were in the same conference. Now the gophers are questionable for being even in the Top 20. They also are probably the worst team in the state of hockey itself, considering they have only had marginal success against other Minnesota teams in non conference match ups and they haven't won a game at the North Star Cup since the first year of the tournament. So when we play the Gophers next year is it going to look like the  intense games we remember, or is it going to look like a top 5 program play a program that can't break into the top 20?

Nah, the rivalry is still there.  It heats up just a hair too being we just won a natty.  Throw in the USA - Canada rivalry bit too although over-emphasized lately as the Sioux are like 1/3 Canadian, 1/3 Minn/GF metro area and 1/3 rest of US, no?  We have a nice mix.  Also, lil school/big school match-up adds to it a bit.  I'm no Goofer apologist but they might not be the worst MN team, (Bem St probably but no doubt play UND tough), Goofs could be right up there with Duluth/St Clown/Mavs as top MN team next season--close battle.  Min should start off a top 10-15 team this coming season, no?   

7 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Nah, the rivalry is still there.  It heats up just a hair too being we just won a natty.  Throw in the USA - Canada rivalry bit too although over-emphasized lately as the Sioux are like 1/3 Canadian, 1/3 Minn/GF metro area and 1/3 rest of US, no?  We have a nice mix.  Also, lil school/big school match-up adds to it a bit.  I'm no Goofer apologist but they might not be the worst MN team, (Bem St probably but no doubt play UND tough), Goofs could be right up there with Duluth/St Clown/Mavs as top MN team next season--close battle.  Min should start off a top 10-15 team this coming season, no?   

The mix we had on last year's team was great, and I think any diversity you can bring in is healthy for a team of young D1 athletes.  Their lives are a little too isolated for a proper University experience, given the amount of time they spend together, both on and off the ice.   Life for an athlete in an elite program for any sport can be isolating, and one of the most important benefits of a university experience, IMO, is exposure to ideas, cultures, opinions, and attitudes which are different from what you grew up with and which take you out of your comfort zone a little.  The University of Minnesota is a very large, diverse environment, but I'll bet gopher players spend so much time with each other on the ice and off that they miss out on a lot of that diversity.  Most of these guys are focusing on their dreams to play pro hockey, not learning how to understand Allen Ginsberg.  

13 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Has Gage already been dubbed as Captain?   Is it rare for a returning captain to be "demoted"?

It would be VERY rare.  And in this case, there's about a 0% chance that would happen.  Gage is the Captain.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, burd said:

The mix we had on last year's team was great, and I think any diversity you can bring in is healthy for a team of young D1 athletes.  Their lives are a little too isolated for a proper University experience, given the amount of time they spend together, both on and off the ice.   Life for an athlete in an elite program for any sport can be isolating, and one of the most important benefits of a university experience, IMO, is exposure to ideas, cultures, opinions, and attitudes which are different from what you grew up with and which take you out of your comfort zone a little.  The University of Minnesota is a very large, diverse environment, but I'll bet gopher players spend so much time with each other on the ice and off that they miss out on a lot of that diversity.  Most of these guys are focusing on their dreams to play pro hockey, not learning how to understand Allen Ginsberg.  

My estimation for next year:

13 Local/MN

4 Other Americans 

6 Canadians

3 Euros

Question: what UND team had the fewest Canadians in the past 25 years?

11 hours ago, OshieRoll said:

Yeah I don't see us demoting the captain that led us to a natty.

Just to add on to that...

Especially when that captain is one of 2 seniors. 

Further, I have no idea who on our current roster would be a better captain anyways... (probably no one)

Don't mess with something that's not broken, ya know? 

I in no way meant to imply Gage should not be or would not be the captain. He certainly has proved his worth as the captain.  I was just asking the more general question, does a junior captain always become captain as a senior.  The way I understand it is the team votes on captains, although my son's team have always had the captain assigned by the coach.

4 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

Was Goehring the captain or was he an assistant? The last assistant that I remember was Jordan Parise

I'm pretty sure he was the C. Didn't he also ask out of wearing it because it was a distraction for him?