SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

23 hours ago, tho0505 said:

For Tomek, why on earth wasn't he medically red shirted?

In Division I you get five academic years to complete four seasons of competition.

Last season didn't count as a season of competition for Tomek because he didn't play. 

He has four academic years to play four seasons. 

15 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

PBS line!

That would play into Champion's club donations. We'll have to stop games halfway through  the period for ...

"well isn't this hockey game just exciting?"   "It sure is, Tim, and you know, it wouldn't be possible without support from all our wonderful viewers out there.."

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

That would play into Champion's club donations. We'll have to stop games halfway through  the period for ...

"well isn't this hockey game just exciting?"   "It sure is, Tim, and you know, it wouldn't be possible without support from all our wonderful viewers out there.."

I'm not sure how many viewers Tim has... :D But I see what you're getting at.

• Upvote 1

So, somewhat related to this next season...I saw an article where interim President Ed Shafer was unsure as to when he will reveal the new 'Hawks' logo.  He stated that he could reveal it this month to have merchandise for this fall, but didnt want to reveal it while students were away on summer break.

My understanding is that the team's jerseys have already been ordered, thus no changes will be made to uniforms until the 2017-2018 season.  My question is, if he waits until the fall semester starts, wouldn't it be a little late to get merchandise orders and logos in place?  Wouldn't he or the Ralph want to put the logo under the new sheet of ice?   Wouldnt the want to try and create some revenue from the new name?  Not saying they will save the baseball team from it, but I would imagine the interest in the new merchandise would drive up sales a little bit.  Either way, the design, name, jerseys, or ice wont stop my family and I from calling them The Fighting Sioux, and that even includes my 2 year old daughter!

11 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

You won't see it under the ice at the Ralph for a loooong time.

I'd be just fine with that, however I'm not so sure that you're correct.  I wouldn't be surprised if they put in on the ice early on.

25 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

I'd be just fine with that, however I'm not so sure that you're correct.  I wouldn't be surprised if they put in on the ice early on.

I think there's a good chance you will see the new logo next season. UND is going to want to sell merchandise.

14 hours ago, UNDSioux23 said:

So, somewhat related to this next season...I saw an article where interim President Ed Shafer was unsure as to when he will reveal the new 'Hawks' logo.  He stated that he could reveal it this month to have merchandise for this fall, but didnt want to reveal it while students were away on summer break.

It's 2016.  When the new logo comes out...EVERYONE that is associated with UND one way or the other will know what the new logo is pretty quick.  You are not disenfranchising the students by releasing it when the majority of them are on break.  Release it on 6/30, begin the marketing process for the 2016/2017 school year, and get merchandise ordered so it is here when the students check into the dorms and when the ball is kicked at the football home opener.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It's 2016.  When the new logo comes out...EVERYONE that is associated with UND one way or the other will know what the new logo is pretty quick.  You are not disenfranchising the students by releasing it when the majority of them are on break.  Release it on 6/30, begin the marketing process for the 2016/2017 school year, and get merchandise ordered so it is here when the students check into the dorms and when the ball is kicked at the football home opener.

Release it immediately and get all the crazies taken care of before President Kennedy comes in.