SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Further injuring an injury is the risk any player takes when playing injured. I don't understand what the problem is.

There wasn't a single person that didn't get pissed when the Iceland player took that monster chop at Adam Bank's wrist right after he came back from a wrist injury!! Or when Gordon Bombay got taken out with the knee injury!! Intent to injure is not cool!! :D:lol:

• Upvote 1

Remember what Bubba said when he was hired

there will be two people nervous during a game.

the opposing quarterback and his mother

that means we will be playing defense.

Whether Wentz is injured or not, UND's defensive gameplan is going to be pressure, pressure, and more pressure. UND won't win the game unless they force Wentz into mistakes, like interceptions or fumbles. If Wentz happens to be immobile from the ankle injury he sustained on August 29th, then so be it; that plays into what UND was planning to do anyway. Wentz - or whoever is playing QB for the bizons - better be ready to play big boy football on September 19th. 

Your example was Tony Romo and tackling the shoulders , which is poor technique, instead of wrapping up at the waist, despite having the ability to  tackle the waist, which is how it should be done.

You advocated the coaches teaching the death ankle roll after a tackle and then made the Tony Romo example. Now you are backtracking by this simple rushing the QB comment. Hilarious.

I hope to God you never coach kids in football. 

Let me ask you this.  If he was/is vulnerable, why did NDSU keep trotting him out there?  Is it all about winning?  Does NDSU not care about his possible professional aspirations?  Yes, I'm sure Wentz wanted to go back out there, as most competitors do, but shouldn't somebody be thinking big picture, especially since these type of injuries are tricky.

I hope the UND is in position multiple times throughout the game to determine exactly how they are going to tackle Carson Wentz and what ankle to attack.  In reality, at game speed a player is not going care how he brings a player down, he is just going to bring them down. 

What is known is right now Carson Wentz has an injured ankle.  Nobody knows how bad it truely is and I suspect he will be playing in two weeks.  I don't think it is a month long injury and a coach would never tell anyone if it was.  If it is that bad where there is such a severe risk of further injury, he better stay on the bench.  

• Upvote 1

There wasn't a single person that didn't get pissed when the Iceland player took that monster chop at Adam Bank's wrist right after he came back from a wrist injury!! Or when Gordon Bombay got taken out with the knee injury!! Intent to injure is not cool!! :D:lol:

83c210fdb322be90cebd4d5888d76acc.jpg

:wink:

Your example was Tony Romo and tackling the shoulders , which is poor technique, instead of wrapping up at the waist, despite having the ability to  tackle the waist, which is how it should be done.

You advocated the coaches teaching the death ankle roll after a tackle and then made the Tony Romo example. Now you are backtracking by this simple rushing the QB comment. Hilarious.

I hope to God you never coach kids in football. 

Good Lord did you not play sports growing up??

Sicatoka,

Your comments are absolutely pathetic and cross the line big time. I have no problem with someone advocating to rush the QB because they are injured but to target the injury specifically ? Put fucking trash. I was speaking with a former Bison player last night while I read about his comment. His first were that in the 5 years he played under Bohl and Babich he never was told to target a player's injury.

These comments are the main reason why I never wanted NDSU to schedule UND. Pure classless losers. 

Do yourself and everyone here a favor and stop coming here. 

It isn't satire if you follow up your post with another post defending your comment and saying how it is "normal". That isn't satire.

I get that this is just a message board, but that is a moderator on your board advocating that UND target Wentz's ankle, specifically. He didn't just say "I hope we pressure him because he is injured". Would be fine with him saying that. He made the death gator ankle roll comment and then followed up with how that is fine to do providing examples of other dirty teams doing it.

Pure trash. Go back and read his follow up post and see if you find satire in it.

Dude...chill out!!  It was one comment!!  Are you Wentz's BFF or something?  Seriously!!  Quit acting like a hyper sensative, PC, overreacting nut job!!  Just comment on it by saying "That probably uncalled for" and move on.  But no, you have to make this an issue and get multiple people telling you that you are blowing a little comment way out of proportion.  Seriosly.  Move on.  

And I am still waiting for you examples of "classless" acts UND Football has committed.  There must be a lot since you apparently think it is a trend.  You want Sic to own up to his comments, but won't do it yourself.  You sir are CLASSLESS!!

• Upvote 2

Sicatoka,

Your comments are absolutely pathetic and cross the line big time. I have no problem with someone advocating to rush the QB because they are injured but to target the injury specifically ? Put "XXXXX" trash. I was speaking with a former Bison player last night while I read about his comment. His first were that in the 5 years he played under Bohl and Babich he never was told to target a player's injury.

These comments are the main reason why I never wanted NDSU to schedule UND. Pure classless losers. 

keep the profanity off the board.

• Upvote 3

We were having a 3rd birthday party for my daughter, so I didn't get to watch the game as closely as I normally would. Completely missed that part. Which quarter?

D

Don't remember exactly.  Sometime in the third quarter I think. 

Edited by Cratter

Mid third quarter. After reading some of these posts I hope Wentz is ready and he has his best game as a college QB.

Really, what posts? Posts responding to a moron troll who isn't insightful enough understand context? 

Not one person here is advocating taking cheap shots. 

Fact: When a player plays injured he/she is increasing the likelihood of further aggravating said injury. So if Wentz plays and re-injures it you can blame your coaches and training staff because every opposing team you play will be going after him regardless of his health. 

In a sense, but there is forcing the QB to hurry on an injured ankle, then there is actively trying to dive at, or attack, that same ankle.

Forcing him to run on it is an attack on that ankle. 

You attack the opponent's weakness.

You play to win the game. 

Edited by The Sicatoka

So is Mr 2011bisonalumni going to visit all the message boards in the MVFC begging their team to not hit Wentz on the leg? UND isn't the only defense that's going to blitz Wentz and potentially cause harm on that ankle from a rule book tackle? UNI, SDSU, Illinois St will be gunning for him just like Weber State will in the next game....it's called college football not flag football.

Hey mods. When are we gonna ban 2011 bison alumni? He sure has been talking a lot of trash about us and this website over on FarmVille. If he was man enough he would come on here and say those comments. He is just a scared little baby crying to his momma over on bisonville. Forgot to mention he has a racist grandpa too....

• Upvote 1

Here is what the Bison Faithful think of us, see their comments below, concerning the injury to Wentz-  If Wentz plays, we will absolutely bring more pressure than say maybe a normal game plan to test his mobility.

I don't see this as a blessing. The best way to be sure Carson and our WR are on the same page come conference play is game reps. We may beat the next two teams by 40 points per game but next up is SDSU who will be ready. I don't want a rusty QB for that one.

This may be a blessing in disguise. Stick needs some real reps as we will need both down the road, and next two games are candy ass teams.

Sit Carson until the Jacks game. That will give his ankle 1 month to heal. The Bison can easily beat Weber and UND w/o him.

Actually, he should be fully healed up by Oct 3 when we play SDSU. Until then it's nothing but byes and cupcakes.

Edited by gundy1124
underline comments made