SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3813252-bison-suspend-freshman-punter-indefinitely-after-early-morning-arrest

Another Bison season and another Bison player arrested.  But suspended indefinitely after he didn't get his day in court, you can sure tell Bohl and Taylor aren't there anymore or is it because he is a punter.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3813252-bison-suspend-freshman-punter-indefinitely-after-early-morning-arrest

Another Bison season and another Bison player arrested.  But suspended indefinitely after he didn't get his day in court, you can sure tell Bohl and Taylor aren't there anymore or is it because he is a punter.

Getting your day in court only applies to SU starters. But UND special teams now have a new strategy - the "New Orleans Saints Rush" - first SU punt that guy gets crushed and we take the 15 yards (yah I know there is a chance they won't be punting much.). 

Yup we've had ours but it's always fun to poke the bison.

Very true. I just find it odd how they suspend a punter indefinitely for trying to break into a car before he is tried in court, but yet other players in the past got a game or nothing at all for more serious charges. Makes a difference when it's not Bohl and Taylor in charge of the punishments. But you have a point he wasn't a starter so why not give him the axe.

Very true. I just find it odd how they suspend a punter indefinitely for trying to break into a car before he is tried in court, but yet other players in the past got a game or nothing at all for more serious charges. Makes a difference when it's not Bohl and Taylor in charge of the punishments. But you have a point he wasn't a starter so why not give him the axe.

i believe NDSU has been consistent with theft and stuff of that nature. 

this was a felony.  What was the petition fraud? 

I talked to a guy today who has a relative on the Bison squad. Seems there's some real concern about the experience on the defense, and especially the talent level in the D backfield. That's not breaking news, I know, but because it came directly from an inside source it seemed to be worth repeating.

Let's hope they're still struggling to figure things out in Week 3.

FYI---this past May at the walleye opener at Millacs I ran in to a former player who was kicked off the team after Bohl laid down the no tolerance speech. He and a couple of other players went out and got a little rowdy after having a few. The next day they were gone.

Its easy to cherry pick  scenarios if one wants.  But one must remember all punishments dont always end up in the news.

• Upvote 1

FYI---this past May at the walleye opener at Millacs I ran in to a former player who was kicked off the team after Bohl laid down the no tolerance speech. He and a couple of other players went out and got a little rowdy after having a few. The next day they were gone.

Its easy to cherry pick  scenarios if one wants.  But one must remember all punishments dont always end up in the news.

But did he start?

thanks for proving our point. If he would have been a starter it would have been all over the news and maybe not even kicked off he team. 

thanks for proving our point. If he would have been a starter it would have been all over the news and maybe not even kicked off he team. 

It proves nothing in that regard. But if you feel the need to try and hang your hat on that hook be my guest.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please buy one these for me... I am assuming wal-mart - fargo..  or NDSU bookstore..

The first one.  The second one is busy selling rivalry shirts for a rivalry that I'm told doesn't exist anymore.  Actually happened to see a Fargo U fan in Fargo wearing one (rivalry shirt) a few weeks ago in Fargo and chuckled to myself.

• Upvote 2