SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

Also,the mockup of the turf does show yellow dots on the field (if you look really close).  I guess no one really noticed!!  But comparing to them where the lines are on the field above with the soccer lines, that has to be what they are for.  Mystery solved??  Maybe.  Just odd that I hadn't seen anything about soccer being played inside the Alerus.

This mock-up of the UND football playing surface at the Alerus Center shows the expected final product of a $1.8 million project. Submitted photo.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:12 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Look at the field below with soccer lines painted on the football field.  My guess is they put yellow squares at the corners of the penalty area and goal area.  Then when they plan to play soccer in there, they can use the permanent yellow squares as a guide to paint temporary lines for the soccer field.  When done, they can wash them off, leaving the small squares.  Just my guess looking at where those yellow squares were.

field.jpg

This is correct.  I was just looking at this at the game this am.  

IMHO.... big, big improvement in the “ambience” of the Alerus.... 

announcer much, much improved

better use of the monitors to motivate the crowd AND coordinates with the announcer 

awesome use of both to keep the crowd engaged, particularly during those media breaks.... the helmets dancing which the adults around me loved ( after their 3rd drink)

everyone loved watching the kids during the rock snd roll

great job to all who participated in these improvements 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Go 8-0 in the regular season, Win the MVFC, Win a National Championship and finish and undefeated 12-0 ....That oughta fill up the Alerus for the home opener when we raise the banner against Drake next season!! :D 

As long as were peeking into next fall.... how do the Utah State Aggies (our FBS matchup) look going into 2021?

absolutely loved what the alerus has done this year with the turf and logo and whatnot....but with the new turf not being removed they have those "plates" stacked up behind the south endzone...kinda an eye sore but they used to have bleachers back there i think....so there is no where in the north side of the buidling to store those to make it look cleaner and nicer?

40 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

absolutely loved what the alerus has done this year with the turf and logo and whatnot....but with the new turf not being removed they have those "plates" stacked up behind the south endzone...kinda an eye sore but they used to have bleachers back there i think....so there is no where in the north side of the buidling to store those to make it look cleaner and nicer?

They’ve been doing drive thru covid testing in the Alerus, so my guess is that after the game those floor panels go right back down. I cant imagine they’ll be there next fall. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Looks like the Alerus is selling their basketball floor?  Anyone know if it is being replaced?  This due to the Betty hosting hs basketball instead of them (not sure of future plans)?

https://www.grandforksgov.com/Home/Components/RFP/RFP/3390/28

No room to store it with the new floor covers that go over the permanent turf? Do they use it for anything but the Globetrotters? 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:52 PM, nodak651 said:

Looks like the Alerus is selling their basketball floor?  Anyone know if it is being replaced?  This due to the Betty hosting hs basketball instead of them (not sure of future plans)?

https://www.grandforksgov.com/Home/Components/RFP/RFP/3390/28

I'll take it off their hands for $200

• 5 months later...