SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

23 minutes ago, Hambone said:

The alternating greens every five yards don't really stick out in the photo to me - other than the mid-field logo that was one thing I was looking forward to.  Maybe will be different in person?

I see it but it is subtle from that angle

what are the odds the the mcfc updates that old ass crappy logo and we will have to change those out in the next couple of years....that is one hideous logo...everthing else is good..can't believe we have a logo at midfield...somewhere in las vegas kris mecgreery is fuming.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hambone said:

The alternating greens every five yards don't really stick out in the photo to me - other than the mid-field logo that was one thing I was looking forward to.  Maybe will be different in person?

Midfield logo and turf to the walls. These seem like small things but I guarantee it will make a huge difference in the perception of the program. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what are the odds the the mcfc updates that old ass crappy logo and we will have to change those out in the next couple of years....that is one hideous logo...everthing else is good..can't believe we have a logo at midfield...somewhere in las vegas kris mecgreery is fuming.

The next time the football conference logo is updated, it will say the “Summit Football Conference.” :tinfoilhat::cool:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Midfield logo and turf to the walls. These seem like small things but I guarantee it will make a huge difference in the perception of the program. 

Every game I ever went to with my buddies, they complained about the lack of a mid field logo and how it killed the vibe.  Picky friends, but the lack of a logo was very bush league, and I agree that it defiantly has an affect on the perception of the program..   

Most MVFC teams do not  have the MVFC logo on the field correct?  Although the MVFC logo looks kinda big and in your face, they must have chosen to add it for branding purposes, right?  People in the area know the MVFC, and they want to make sure that everyone who is watching knows that UND is a MVFC team?  Other than that, I wouldn't get why that logo is so big.

Lastly, the diagram shows the potential for two more sponsor logo's to be added, but I believe this is against the rules, as only 4 logo's besides the 50 yard line logo are allowed.  Am I wrong here? https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-1-the-game-field-players-and-equipment/2/

Overall, I LOVE IT!  And I like the alternating colors every five yards.  It is subtle, but it is more similar to real grass, and it helps with depth perception even though it isn't that noticeable.  Look at a picture of the new turf and our old turf side by side for instance.  Beats the fields below IMO:

image.png.32e259ff8d297faf9ffbe4d2e3030d28.pngimage.png.ae74c16c0f6d53842a22adcad0288d23.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Looks great! Too bad politics ruined football this season.

Seems a good time to make other improvements that can't be accomplished during football season. 

Maybe refresh the seats or new paint job? The concrete wall between the catwalk and seating is ripe for some creative design

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Seems a good time to make other improvements that can't be accomplished during football season. 

Maybe refresh the seats or new paint job? The concrete wall between the catwalk and seating is ripe for some creative design

A darker color could help to put more focus on the field, but it would have to be thought out and done well.  Probably isn't possible because it's already painted but the tan-painted cement could maybe look cool with an acid etch or a grayish/dark stain - wouldn't want it to match the metal walls though... need some contrast.  Do you have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They ever show a finished picture for the turf?

Also I just noticed that it looks like they also moved the away section to the end and upper corner.  It used to be at the bottom of 217, right on the goal line I believe. This made seating in section 216 and 217 much less desirable when the away section was right there on the goal line. The below pictures are from the season ticket selection page, and you can see the greyed out section that is unavailable.

image.png.e565911c45b5a07619b62077002f2471.pngimage.png.9a3584b838691eeaf189f4b3f2a029ca.png