SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i agree with cratter....just like there are a lot of "fans" that would never go back to REA if it weren't for the cluster(*()*- in the upstairs bars....there are a lot of fans that look forward to hanging on that rail looking down at the alerus turf (btw one of the most unique vantage points around)...you take that away not only are they pissed but when they have sit in those hard crappy seats....good luck

I’m saying I think there are plenty of hardcore fans on the catwalks as well.

• Like 2

This thread asks
"What's Needed At The Alerus?" 

Little history first:
Alerus opened in Feb 2001.
Record crowd last weekend 22,000.
Record FB game crowd Oct 6, 2001 of 13,500.

What Alerus needs is welcoming back our little brother to the south.
It's been 18 years since NDSU has been here. 
Bison have never beat the SIOUX in the Alerus, slipping in 2001 & 2003.
In fact NDSU hasn't won in GF since 1997, which was at Memorial Stadium.

The Hawks can make my day on Oct 2 with the W.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Does anyone know who to contact about the endzone seating? Alerus or UND? Let's email these people and get our railing back!

The alerus has sold these areas as additional seating,  I believe the new bar rails are going in this week.  

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That could be for the press?

There was fans that stood between the goalposts. Not press. I understand that they want to cash in on the catwalks, but they didn't have anything ready for last week, so they should've just allowed the regular fans to stand there instead of blank empty tables. Looked pretty poor

1 hour ago, SkoHawks said:

There was fans that stood between the goalposts. Not press. I understand that they want to cash in on the catwalks, but they didn't have anything ready for last week, so they should've just allowed the regular fans to stand there instead of blank empty tables. Looked pretty poor

They may have wanted to do it to set expectations, so people weren't surprised and pissed off about it for the biggest game of the year when they showed up and saw that. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ND1 said:

The alerus has sold these areas as additional seating,  I believe the new bar rails are going in this week.  

From what I understand one end is for additional seating and the other end is for the press.....one whole end is for press??? 

It’s a money grab. Essentially they want more “suites” at the Alerus so that’s what the corner spots are for ($5k for a group of 50 to sit there) and then the UND ticket office wants their cut of the pie so the Peterson Farms bridge deck is going to be the same thing as the seating in front of the bar at the Ralph where you need a special wristband and deep pockets. So us hardcore fans that have had season tickets for many years and have never sat in our seats, except the spring because we had too, we get shafted. 

17 minutes ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

It’s a money grab. Essentially they want more “suites” at the Alerus so that’s what the corner spots are for ($5k for a group of 50 to sit there) and then the UND ticket office wants their cut of the pie so the Peterson Farms bridge deck is going to be the same thing as the seating in front of the bar at the Ralph where you need a special wristband and deep pockets. So us hardcore fans that have had season tickets for many years and have never sat in our seats, except the spring because we had too, we get shafted. 

There's also a demand for it. There's not a great spot for large groups as there is at most 1 or 2 suites available.
Wish they would find a happy medium where they left at least half of the catwalk open or if they weren't reserve, they didn't put it up.
At worst, sell some spots as season ticket spots.
I get it though, they feel there was an unmet demand and did what they could to capture that. As a city-owned venue, they do have a repsonsibility to look into those things. Maybe it flops and goes back to how it was.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

There's also a demand for it. There's not a great spot for large groups as there is at most 1 or 2 suites available.
Wish they would find a happy medium where they left at least half of the catwalk open or if they weren't reserve, they didn't put it up.
At worst, sell some spots as season ticket spots.
I get it though, they feel there was an unmet demand and did what they could to capture that. As a city-owned venue, they do have a repsonsibility to look into those things. Maybe it flops and goes back to how it was.

They'll make money ndsu week. Other than that I don't see people paying the premium

• Upvote 2

On 9/18/2021 at 7:30 PM, Cratter said:

Seems obvious there was a concerted effort to not have fans standing on the endzones anymore.

FOR SURE! There’s a for sure effort to raise money and sell those good places to watch a game from to pay for student athlete scholarships. That’s how that $h!t works. Get money, football team gets cool/more stuff, and they get better with good coaching. 

the north end zone is media overflow and visiting teams ad “suite”, the south end zone will be ticketed next year.  

“They’re taking away home field advantage without opposing teams getting heckled from above”? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. if you think you’re that integral to the football team winning, buy the tickets on the catwalk then.

Edited by dougjudy69
Spelling

4 hours ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Gosh I’m confused. I thought the goal was to RAISE MONEY for said sports people are attending? How is it you’re getting “shafted” when you pay for a worse spot but watch from a better one. . . ? 

For a hardcore fan, you sure do a lot of whining. Especially since Und has a good product to watch. 

9 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Isn't that what a press box is for?

Outside of our small Div I press box, we will have the best seats for the rest of the press in the country. Not even close.
After we win in a week, the press from outside of GF will be stopping in more frequently. They will write kindly of us.