SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

Appears that they are expecting more fans for MVFC games.  Top of section 218 is an OK spot for Bison fans.  But, I think a new area "Section 301" if you will - that is west of parking lot with barb wire would be perfect.   It is COVID safe and it lets the Bizon fans graze is more appropriate environment   Think of it as a "safe space" for Bizon fans.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Appears that they are expecting more fans for MVFC games.  Top of section 218 is an OK spot for Bison fans.  But, I think a new area "Section 301" if you will - that is west of parking lot with barb wire would be perfect.   It is COVID safe and it lets the Bizon fans graze is more appropriate environment   Think of it as a "safe space" for Bizon fans.

Is there walls to lean against for urinating and stuff?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, FSSD said:

Considering the damage they did to the walls up there last time they visited, surprised they didn't put them out in something like you described.

• 2 months later...

Some random week 1 observations, mostly about the new turf:

- What's with the thick, solid yellow lines bisecting the sidelines at the 50?

- What are the small yellow squares scattered about the turf that just happen to look an awful lot like penalty flags?

- Was the logo at midfield scaled specifically to permit "Alerus Center" to be more legible, or is it that size by design?

- Why does Hugo's even advertise?  They have a literal monopoly on non-superstore groceries in the area.

- What's needed?  Fewer pacifier-style mouth guards.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Some random week 1 observations, mostly about the new turf:

- What's with the thick, solid yellow lines bisecting the sidelines at the 50?

- What are the small yellow squares scattered about the turf that just happen to look an awful lot like penalty flags?

- Was the logo at midfield scaled specifically to permit "Alerus Center" to be more legible, or is it that size by design?

- Why does Hugo's even advertise?  They have a literal monopoly on non-superstore groceries in the area.

- What's needed?  Fewer pacifier-style mouth guards.

For 1-4:  https://www.aleruscenter.com/about/contact-us

Then you can report back to us. You're welcome.

Ready. Set. Go!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They invest a lot back into the community.

Thought the turf looked great but agree thay the little yellow spots were confusing. I'm assume there is a reasonable explanation for them.

9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They invest a lot back into the community.

Thought the turf looked great but agree thay the little yellow spots were confusing. I'm assume there is a reasonable explanation for them.

If they needed some kind of markers, that could have easily made them a different color.  However i'm guessing they never thought about how that is going to look on tv....us being confused 25 times a game thinking there may have been a flag thrown.

As for the uniforms, the numbering sucks.....very hard to read the numbers on tv.  They overlooked that one too.  Should have just went with standard block numbers. Not sure if the numbers can be changed out at some point or not.  If not we are stuck for 5-6 years squinting our eyes trying to see who it was that made the play. The announcers had a tough time with it too.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

If they needed some kind of markers, that could have easily made them a different color.  However i'm guessing they never thought about how that is going to look on tv....us being confused 25 times a game thinking there may have been a flag thrown.

As for the uniforms, the numbering sucks.....very hard to read the numbers on tv.  They overlooked that one too.  Should have just went with standard block numbers. Not sure if the numbers can be changed out at some point or not.  If not we are stuck for 5-6 years squinting our eyes trying to see who it was that made the play. The announcers had a tough time with it too.  

I agree on both comments.

The numbers I spend half my time, is that a 6, 8 or 9 oh wait it was a zero. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Someone explained that are there for Soccer Games.:huh:

10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Lots of soccer going to be played there? Wtf could have chosen just about any other color and it would have looked odd but people wouldn’t be confusing it for a flag every other play. 

What people are confusing a 2"x 2" yellow square painted on the turf as a penalty flag "every other play"?!:D

Are there any other levels of football that would require a narrower/shorter field.  That was my thought when I saw them in person Saturday.  Seems they are payed out for placement of either pylons or I even thought indoor softball but didn’t look to closely to see if it would work.  

Look at the field below with soccer lines painted on the football field.  My guess is they put yellow squares at the corners of the penalty area and goal area.  Then when they plan to play soccer in there, they can use the permanent yellow squares as a guide to paint temporary lines for the soccer field.  When done, they can wash them off, leaving the small squares.  Just my guess looking at where those yellow squares were.

field.jpg

• Like 1