SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

When the Alerus opened, it listed a capacity of 14,000 for football. The largest crowd to attend a football game at the Alerus was 13,500.  Based on those facts, why does the GF Herald and other sources now say the capacity for football at the Alerus is 12,000?  Are they not counting the suites?  Doesn’t add up.

10 hours ago, ksixpack said:

When the Alerus opened, it listed a capacity of 14,000 for football. The largest crowd to attend a football game at the Alerus was 13,500.  Based on those facts, why does the GF Herald and other sources now say the capacity for football at the Alerus is 12,000?  Are they not counting the suites?  Doesn’t add up.

I’m not sure it was ever listed at 14k, but I think they’ll hit over 13k next weekend. The Ralph considers a sell out like 11.6k, but I think I’ve seen games over 12.5k

This drink railing thing would have been win-win if they could have figured out how to make it work at field level.  For example, put the drink railing along the back wall of the endzone and convert that utilities area into a club room or something.  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How hard would it be to set up those media tables above the suites near the camera area?  Highly doubt those cameras are all being used... Gotta think that this is the space with the most potential.  Could that area be renovated as a club/bar lounge?  Has anyone been up there to know what the floor looks like or know how far it is between the railing and back wall?

image.png.3235c5bd1a02084fc53bc07f1814fcb9.png

It's a bomb vantage point.  

image.thumb.png.97317d466191a950a17a08931cccbaa2.png

41 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This drink railing thing would have been win-win if they could have figured out how to make it work at field level.  For example, put the drink railing along the back wall of the endzone and convert that utilities area into a club room or something.  

They tried a field level suite a few years back. Views were terrible and it was scrapped.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

They tried a field level suite a few years back. Views were terrible and it was scrapped.

Pretty sad that they rolled that out and I didn't even know about it though.  Guessing it was half-assed?

They seem to be popular at many stadiums around the country.

https://www.vikings.com/tickets/premium-seating/annual-suites/turf

53 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

How hard would it be to set up those media tables above the suites near the camera area?  Highly doubt those cameras are all being used... Gotta think that this is the space with the most potential.  Could that area be renovated as a club/bar lounge?  Has anyone been up there to know what the floor looks like or know how far it is between the railing and back wall?

image.png.3235c5bd1a02084fc53bc07f1814fcb9.png

It's a bomb vantage point.  

image.thumb.png.97317d466191a950a17a08931cccbaa2.png

good point...add what yuo can anywhere you can

12 hours ago, Tangolou said:

Got in line at the concession stand with 6 people in front of us. It took 20 minutes to get a hot dog. People are lined up to give you money and you couldn't possibly take it any slower. Terrible...

Beer lines were no better.

And...they could have doubled the number of porta potties outside and that still wouldn't have been enough.

At some point the production at the Alerus has got to get better. They do a nicer job at the local high schools 

• Halftime hall of fame inductees production was embarrassing. 
  • To not have them lined up in the order of the announcements was brutal..
  • to not have any video highlights of these athletes while they were being introduced was unbelievable.
  • No raising of the MVFC banner

I assume all four of the bullets above are UND issues.. the long lines for beer and some of the other things are alerus short staffing issues which everyone in the country has right now.  I just cant believe we dont have somebody in the marketing department cleaning this all up.  A couple of graduate student interns.  I go to pretty much every UND home games, a few UND hockey games and a lot of NDSU football games.  The difference between those 3 venues and production is amazing.. one of those 3 is not like the other two..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1