SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

And that's how they looked all game. Empty

I ended up sitting in this area today. I was standing in the end zone which is my preferred area to watch a game since sitting in the seats at the Alerus is similar to sitting in a cheap Airlines puddle jumper economy section for me. Was standing behind the seating area which was roped off and Michelle, the owner of Darcy's Cafe said she was only using 2 of her allotted tickets and asked if we wanted to sit. These sections were pretty full, not sure about the double row of seats section which was empty when I stopped by.

Apparently they are waiting on a bar rail to be installed along this area as well....supply chain issues.

As long as the tickets are just a little more than the other season tickets I would purchase these if available.

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Seems obvious there was a concerted effort to not have fans standing on the endzones anymore.

Expanding seating with more tickets sales. 
They could all be sold out next game?

Does anyone know if they had these end zone seats set up for the concert the night before? 22,000 made it into the joint.

8 hours ago, petey23 said:

I ended up sitting in this area today. I was standing in the end zone which is my preferred area to watch a game since sitting in the seats at the Alerus is similar to sitting in a cheap Airlines puddle jumper economy section for me. Was standing behind the seating area which was roped off and Michelle, the owner of Darcy's Cafe said she was only using 2 of her allotted tickets and asked if we wanted to sit. These sections were pretty full, not sure about the double row of seats section which was empty when I stopped by.

Apparently they are waiting on a bar rail to be installed along this area as well....supply chain issues.

As long as the tickets are just a little more than the other season tickets I would purchase these if available.

There were some people in the south end zone. The north end zone, with the tables, was empty.

My opinion, sitting in a roped off section on the catwalk defeats much of the purpose of watching from the catwalk. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

The cat walk is for the people. Leave it be

The fans willing to stand the whole game are ones you want because they are engaged in the game.  If all the fans in the Alerus were like that, you would have one intimidating place to play.

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Expanding seating with more tickets sales. 
They could all be sold out next game?

Except it did not expand seating on one end. 

Took away "seating". As my pic showed big black curtains basically across one side blocking the view....for what looks like some "administration table" that clearly nobody needed.

Looked like the staff was like "ok now what do we do with this side of the catwalk to stop people?"

And besides Alerus could just sell SRO tickets if it was about expanding capacity.

18 hours ago, Cratter said:

The new endzone additions inaction:

20210918_172052.jpg

Did anyone even try and sit in the back rear seat (by the guard) to see if they could even see the field?

Looks like you could barely see any of the field.

Seems like it's more for "looks" than anything.

And then they had about five guards on each end to protect the fortress!

49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Except it did not expand seating on end end. 

Took away "seating". As my pic showed big black curtains basically across one side blocking the view....for what looks like some "administration table" that clearly nobody needed.

Looked like the staff was like "ok now what do we do with this side of the catwalk to stop people?"

And besides Alerus could just sell SRO tickets if it was about expanding capacity.

SRO tickets will not work for the end zones because any ticket holders that wants to go there engulf the end zone space and then their original seats are empty.
The end zones seating/standing would have to be sold specifically for the end zone, which what might be in the works.