SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU (11/24)

SWSiouxMN

Great win by the better team tonight. UND definitely has the potential to win the Big Sky this season and go dancing. Ultimately it depends on how they perform against Weber State and Montana.

Brian Jones deserves a lot of credit for the team he has put together. Not only does this team have both senior and youthful talent, along with talented upcoming recruits, but they also are playing a real impressive brand of team basketball.

Congrats UND on the awesome victory and keep up the good work!!

Had to wait for a while but Bisonville finally figured it out that it was UND's superbowl and that is why we won. Happens every time. The su boys just have a tough time giving UND a whole lot of credit. Lose to UND and you suck. I guess I shouldn't expect it..

Always entertaining to see a bisonville meltdown. Saul blaming the rule changes seems to indicate he's thrown the towel in on the season. NDSU always plays physical and that hurts them big time now.

Nice win by the team. That was truely team basketball. I can't remember who made the comments about Schuler earlier in the week but he made some key plays tonight. Just a good all around player. Also agree with Huff and Nash being as good of a 1-2 punch as we've had. Our bigs also aren't great, but with 15 fouls between Solmonson, Calcuterra and Traylor I think we'll be alright in league play. Each brings enough to the table. Looking forward to the rest of the season and might have to get some tickets for the Weber St. and Montana games.

I think that was me, I said I was hoping for better play from him after the Wisco game, and he stepped up. Great game for Schuler, and great game for the Sioux.

Just got home. Few thoughts from this game:

1.) Officiating made it unwatchable. Bad calls in favor and against both teams. They literally didn't allow defense to be played. I am not a basketball wiz at all...but I generally can understand what is going on....not this game. This was not basketball. IMO, the style of officiating definitely benefited UND. I am not saying the refs helped UND, cause they didn't help anyone at all. I could understand if this was too teams playing physical...but it wasn't.

2.) NDSU is not as good as I thought they were. This team might make the dance...completely possible....that doesn't make them a good team...maybe they will be both a good team and a dance team by the time march rolls around. IDK! But I think they are significantly more hype than substance right now. Maybe that will change, maybe it won't.

1.) This team was not good from the free throw line.

2.) This team has made one three that I can think of in the 2 games I have watched(this one and the St. Mary's game).

3.) This team is not deep right now.

3.) UND hit shots tonight and our guys didn't. That is what it comes back to...UND has possibly the most annoying announcer I have ever heard....maybe its the same way in Fargo and I don't notice.

Would have been much more fun to watch if they hadn't called fouls every 20-30 seconds and let the teams actually play. Also, sign me up for the club that wants it to be a home-home every year. That said, this is been a weak atmosphere 4 years in a row...

Just got home. Few thoughts from this game:

1.) Officiating made it unwatchable. Bad calls in favor and against both teams. They literally didn't allow defense to be played. I am not a basketball wiz at all...but I generally can understand what is going on....not this game. This was not basketball. IMO, the style of officiating definitely benefited UND. I am not saying the refs helped UND, cause they didn't help anyone at all. I could understand if this was too teams playing physical...but it wasn't.

2.) NDSU is not as good as I thought they were. This team might make the dance...completely possible....that doesn't make them a good team...maybe they will be both a good team and a dance team by the time march rolls around. IDK! But I think they are significantly more hype than substance right now. Maybe that will change, maybe it won't.

1.) This team was not good from the free throw line.

2.) This team has made one three that I can think of in the 2 games I have watched(this one and the St. Mary's game).

3.) This team is not deep right now.

3.) UND hit shots tonight and our guys didn't. That is what it comes back to...UND has possibly the most annoying announcer I have ever heard....maybe its the same way in Fargo and I don't notice.

Would have been much more fun to watch if they hadn't called fouls every 20-30 seconds and let the teams actually play. Also, sign me up for the club that wants it to be a home-home every year. That said, this is been a weak atmosphere 4 years in a row...

Heard you loved the UND PA guy, too? Kinda how I feel at the BSA; only it's a lot harder to understand what's being said through the garble of the 1973 sound system at the BSA.