SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU (11/24)

SWSiouxMN

With both Denver and SDSU, that will be tough unless there is a huge improvement....

They've both struggled to start the year though correct? Seems Omaha, who isn't eligible, is playing decent ball. I think NDSU can still take the Summit as it appears to be quite down this year.

Saul on radio bitching about rule changes.

Hey Saul, you shot 36 free throws. All during regular game time, not fouling at the end, etc. UND shot 41 and 10 of those came at the end of the game due to fouling.

I would go as far as to say they would have lost by even more if Braun didn't draw 10+ fouls.

Nice win by the team. That was truely team basketball. I can't remember who made the comments about Schuler earlier in the week but he made some key plays tonight. Just a good all around player. Also agree with Huff and Nash being as good of a 1-2 punch as we've had. Our bigs also aren't great, but with 15 fouls between Solmonson, Calcuterra and Traylor I think we'll be alright in league play. Each brings enough to the table. Looking forward to the rest of the season and might have to get some tickets for the Weber St. and Montana games.

LMAO, yea, uhh, no. The time NDSU allows over 100 points in regulation to anyone, nonetheless a Wisconsin team who will probably average 50-60 ppg in the Big 10, will be the time I will take these kind of posts seriously.

ndsu has a great defensive team. i dont see a player like huff going off for 30+. huff could still have a good game though, hes a real nice player. ndsu runs into trouble with slashers who dish. they dont help d very well, and if und shooters are on it could be interesting

saul has alot of wisconsin principles, but has definitely his own style now. he will not run with und, or anyone. he will gladly sacrifice offense to keep a slow tempo. i think und may struggle offensively if they try to play uptempo and not be patient. i would put money down on ndsu having some moments of struggling offensively. saul seems to pull his offense back in order to control the defensive tempo.

You might need to re-look at what type of basketball NDSU plays. They are getting absolutely lit up this year on defense (79 pts/game) and they don't dictate a gawd damn thing. UND set the pace of the game and they played right along.

The thing I found surprising was down the stretch when the lead was 9-11 points, they didn't have anybody who could score and cut in to the lead. Nobody took over and hit three's, drove and got fouled, etc. Nothing.

• Upvote 3