SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU (11/24)

SWSiouxMN

I think Braun getting the to the rim any time he wanted in a way hurt NDSU because he was not passing the ball or even looking to pass. It doesn't concern me very much that he was able to get to the rim so easily because there was plenty of times that I believe Huff would have stopped him. Jones was very very smart in keeping Huff off of him. Jones approached it like teams approach Kobe, let him get his points. It takes away a lot from other players finding a rhythm. As far as Webb, he played a solid game at point and defensively as well. He had five assists to one turnover. Also three rebounds and a couple steals. Once Jamal can get his scoring going and is able to get to the rim like we have seen a lot in the past, it will add a another dimension to the offense.

I think Braun getting the to the rim any time he wanted in a way hurt NDSU because he was not passing the ball or even looking to pass. It doesn't concern me very much that he was able to get to the rim so easily because there was plenty of times that I believe Huff would have stopped him. Jones was very very smart in keeping Huff off of him. Jones approached it like teams approach Kobe, let him get his points. It takes away a lot from other players finding a rhythm. As far as Webb, he played a solid game at point and defensively as well. He had five assists to one turnover. Also three rebounds and a couple steals. Once Jamal can get his scoring going and is able to get to the rim like we have seen a lot in the past, it will add a another dimension to the offense.

I thought Webb looked much better in this game than he did against Wisco. I don't even care if he scores points as long as he protects the ball and finds the open guy on the court.

I thought Webb looked much better in this game than he did against Wisco. I don't even care if he scores points as long as he protects the ball and finds the open guy on the court.

He really doesn't need to score. We're averaging 96 points per game with Webb averaging 2 points. Hopefully he can accept that he doesn't need to be a scorer to make this team better. If he can play solid defense at the point, force some turnovers, and be smart with the basketball he's going to be a huge part of this team's success without it showing up on the stat sheet.

The Betty has quite a few shortcomings but last night's crowd proved it can be a legitimate mid-major venue. We need to start getting those kinds of crowds consistently to show the people running the REA that upgrades are worth the investment. Things like video boards and upgraded bleacher seating are possible in the Betty. We just need to show the people in charge that there can be a return on their investment.

Agree completely with this.

The Betty has quite a few shortcomings but last night's crowd proved it can be a legitimate mid-major venue. We need to start getting those kinds of crowds consistently to show the people running the REA that upgrades are worth the investment. Things like video boards and upgraded bleacher seating are possible in the Betty. We just need to show the people in charge that there can be a return on their investment.

I agree, but last night was the rare occaison where better/larger end-court seating would have been utilized. Video boards and an upgraded PA system should be the top priority there.

I love the Sioux Center as a basketball venue.

I agree, but last night was the rare occaison where better/larger end-court seating would have been utilized. Video boards and an upgraded PA system should be the top priority there.

I love the Sioux Center as a basketball venue.

The betty certainly looked good on tv last night. Bigger end-court seating would be great and I video boards and sound system would make more sense right now until we start seeing crowds like this against teams other than ndsu.

I don't think NDSU is overrated necessarily. Last night they got exposed for their weakness against the new rule changes but I think Saul is a good enough coach to adjust and have his team ready to dominate the Summit. Braun, Wright, and Bjorklund are very good players and I don't think there's anyone in the Summit that can match their talent at the top and come tournament time that's what is going to matter.

I don't think NDSU is overrated necessarily. Last night they got exposed for their weakness against the new rule changes but I think Saul is a good enough coach to adjust and have his team ready to dominate the Summit. Braun, Wright, and Bjorklund are very good players and I don't think there's anyone in the Summit that can match their talent at the top and come tournament time that's what is going to matter.

I still think they'll win the Slummit, but they aren't deserving of the mid-major rankings and accolades they were receiving before the season started.

• Upvote 3

There is talk at su about redshirt AJ Jacobson. I have seen him play at least 50 times. He would be a driving draw the foul machine. I bet he would average 13-15 free throws a game. I am interested if he plays this year. I think Saul will feel a little pressured on this. I think su would be a better team because AJ is so good at going to the basket.

There is talk at su about redshirt AJ Jacobson. I have seen him play at least 50 times. He would be a driving draw the foul machine. I bet he would average 13-15 free throws a game. I am interested if he plays this year. I think Saul will feel a little pressured on this. I think su would be a better team because AJ is so good at going to the basket.

NDSU has no depth. It models the team after football, so they wanted AJ to add bulk. Big mistake.

There is a wee-bit of difference between D1 basketball and ND high school ball where a semi-quick 6'2" "post" was guarding AJ and then fouling him on the way to the hoop. I personally never thought he was a great recruit and his lack of offers backed me up. He will play for them but sure as hell isn't the next Braun.

If you look at Saul's recruiting in the past few years, combined with this years signees, there appears to be alot of low-hanging fruit there. Dexter Werner is not a D1 basketball player, sorry. The guys on his bench look like role players that don't score. There is no Braun in this group. Even their current guards (LA, Brown) that were supposed to be so good got their asses handed to them by Anderson, Webb and Hooker. They are going to be pretty average next year. This year they will be fine cause of Braun and Wright.

Listening to the various media reporters out of Fargo all you hear about is the officiating and the off night defensively for the Bison basketball team. Nobody seems to recognize that UND has a pretty darn good basketball team. Maybe the play of the Bison had more to do with the quality of play by UND. Go figure.