SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

4 hours ago, Sioux_FF said:

I was told today that Riverside Christian School is not going to complete the purchase of a portion of the mall.   Apparently the mall and the city required too many hoops to jump through and now they are looking at other alternatives.

That's sounds about right

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

Ate at the Spud in EGF on Sunday night. My what an awesome restaurant. It was like a trip down memory lane reading some of the menu items and some of the things in the building. 

Best local gem on either side of the river

9 hours ago, Sioux_FF said:

I was told today that Riverside Christian School is not going to complete the purchase of a portion of the mall.   Apparently the mall and the city required too many hoops to jump through and now they are looking at other alternatives.

The ND governor vetoed the school vouchers bill this legislative session.
It would've given dollars to ND residents to send their kids to ND private schools.

Now Riverside backs out of moving to ND. 

I'm shocked.

Or not. ;) 

Two of the biggest sponsors of the bill were from Grand Forks. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It would've given dollars to ND residents to send their kids to ND private schools.

I'm shocked.

Or not. ;) 

Dougie playing politics.  He doesn't want follow the money for students.  Although best for student education.

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm shocked.

Or not. ;) 

Guessing if the Columbia Mall wasn't so hard to work with, this project would still be moving forward with the proposed location.
Wouldn't be surprised to see their alternative location be on the west side of the river still.

16 hours ago, Goon said:

Ate at the Spud in EGF on Sunday night. My what an awesome restaurant. It was like a trip down memory lane reading some of the menu items and some of the things in the building. 

Heard nothing but great things about that place but I always forget about that place when I get back to town....

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm shocked.

Or not. ;) 

Stakeholders shared that the school is looking at South GF for a new building on free land from a donor or donors. School is outgrowing its current old building.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Dougie playing politics.  He doesn't want follow the money for students.  Although best for student education.

Actually. I believe he does but there will be lawsuits and he wanted more money and believed they had to get the bill right the first time and does not believe they did.

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

Heard nothing but great things about that place but I always forget about that place when I get back to town....

It was F'N Fantastic. Loved it. Had the burger with the cream cheese and jalapeno's. Their mac and cheese was good, too. 

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Stakeholders shared that the school is looking at South GF for a new building on free land from a donor or donors. School is outgrowing its current old building.

There will probably be a private school boom in this country with public schools going off the deep end and ruining kids.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Burgum mentioned they should make the voucher bill bigger and better iirc

The original bill was $24M.
The other side wanted $0.
Compromise was $10M.
Burgum vetoed the $10M bill saying it should've been $24M. 

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

There will probably be a private school boom in this country with public schools going off the deep end and ruining kids.

Sadly, unless you are a very hands on, let's review the day everyday kind of parent, it is getting to the point where you may want to get your young kids out of government schools.

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, geaux_sioux said:

India Palace is the !@#$! I eat there whenever I’m in Fargo. The owner is the nicest guy. Best Indian food in Fargo. I wish they still had their lunch buffet but the owner got rid of it because he was getting too fat lol. 

AGREE India Palace is great and they are nice people (ALSO talked to the owners before Punjab opened) but the difference is they had no interest in opening a GF location and Punjab did!   So I'll go with them - because they did!   Passage to India also has a great buffet in Fargo.  

Where NOT to eat in Grand Forks.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/closure-of-bigfoot-bbq-forced-cancelation-of-wedding-plans-for-grand-forks-couple

Any iteration of "Bigfoot" or any other establishment owned/operated by that guy.  Absconding with a $2k wedding deposit is beyond sleazy.  Grand Forks is waaaaaaay too small to conduct business that way.

3 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Absconding with a $2k wedding deposit is beyond sleazy.  Grand Forks is waaaaaaay too small to conduct business that way.

Sounds like the total amount exceeds that. I've heard of at least a few more situations playing out exactly like this, with people who put a deposit down and are now left with nothing and can't get an answer. 

On 5/13/2023 at 2:39 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Chino Latino pro tip - order the 2 meat platter with tikka Masala and Jerk Chicken. 

Punjab pro tip - lamb Karara with garlic naan. Everywhere has tikka, but Karara is rare and delicious. Also, the food isn’t spicy, they make it to your taste mild, medium, hot, xhot-xxxxhot. Mild is very doable for those who sweat from black pepper.

I took your advice on the Karara (hot) and it was delicious!  I'm so glad that GF has House of Punjab.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The last open Taco Johns in the Fargo Moorhead area closed.

There will be zero TJ's in the FM area!

No self respecting person would live in a place without a Taco Johns nearby!

A couple weeks ago went by at 115 pm. Window sign said "Lobby Closed". Just as I was heading to drive thru a lady with a cigarette who looked like she lived on Potato Oles put a sign in lane "Drive Thru Closed".

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

A couple weeks ago went by at 115 pm. Window sign said "Lobby Closed". Just as I was heading to drive thru a lady with a cigarette who looked like she lived on Potato Oles put a sign in lane "Drive Thru Closed".

great post........they aint a lady if they aint 280

• 2 weeks later...