SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On 6/11/2023 at 7:19 PM, Cratter said:

The last open Taco Johns in the Fargo Moorhead area closed.

There will be zero TJ's in the FM area!

No self respecting person would live in a place without a Taco Johns nearby!

Of all the good places to eat in Fargo why the heck would anyone go to TJ’s?????? So many better options

I do say the super potato oles at the potato bowl is one of my favorite drunken memories from college!

10 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I think I only went to the GF one maybe once or twice. The girls I dated always preferred the EGF one. 

That's just it. The EGF one is the best movie theater in the area by far. Even Fargo doesn't have anything that can match it.

There's now even a movie themed bar and restaurant attached to it.

Not too mention all the other great restaurants within a few seconds walk.

Great for date night.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That's just it. The EGF one is the best movie theater in the area by far. Even Fargo doesn't have anything that can match it.

Great for date night.

Movie theaters are more history.  Blue moose is a great restaurant.  I always enjoy.

14 hours ago, Cratter said:

Great for date night.

I dont recall noticing a big difference in the theaters themselves but the area over there is great. 

AMC was outdated and obsolete, but in lieu of remodeling, they utilized their "AMC Classic" branding and showed first-run films at a slightly discounted rate.  Standard seating throughout. 

River Cinema is an independent and has taken steps to upgrade its moviegoing experience with reclining and heated seats.  Generally a good value, and I have found that I enjoy the indie experience a bit 'moore,' plus you have local ownership.  The quirky local pre-show ads with bad jingles are a hidden plus. 

So while having options is usually a good thing, and AMC was better for a Southsider who decided at the last minute to catch a show, greater Grand Forks shouldn't suffer too much. If movies make a huge comeback, then I would expect a modern new experience on the west side of the Red in a year or two. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped in the other night - not bad.   They seem like a "healthy" lunch place mostly but are open until 7pm.   We went with light appetites not knowing what to expect.   I ordered the "Sail Bowl" - medium - a mixture of many healthy ingredients with a base of frozen or partially thawed mush.   I guess you're supposed to mix it all together - it was good!   THAT being said...

FYI - Don't forget your wallet!  Medium cups were $12-$14.   More substantial than what it seems - not QUITE enough to be a stand alone meal on its own.  Good luck to them - bad visibility spot for 32nd.   But again GOOD LUCK!

I’d rather have a steak. My top five in no particular order…

Toasted Frog

Helix

Harry’s 

Bernie’s

Charra’s and Tequila

————
quick and or cheap 

Red Pepper

BWW’s

On 1/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, Fleurpink said:

Softees (spelling may be off) was an ice cream place across from Hugo's on 20th and next door to Judy's Bar. It then changed its name to EJ's Soft Serve. The building is still there. That is the only place I remember being an ice cream place on 20th besides the DQ in its current location on Washington and N. 5th St. Brings back a lot of memories especially growing up in that neighborhood. VidMateMomixPikashow

Brings back a lot of memories especially growing up in that neighborhood.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Toasted Frog

Helix

Harry’s 

Bernie’s

Charra’s and Tequila

————
quick and or cheap 

Red Pepper

BWW’s

How is the East Indian place, 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Toasted Frog

Helix

Harry’s 

Bernie’s

Charra’s and Tequila

————
quick and or cheap 

Red Pepper

BWW’s

I make sure to go to BWW on the nights they have wing deals. Or else it can get very expensive 

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

went to skies last night......for bringing the menu down to the common man i still didn't know half the stuff on that menu....and it was weird not seeing Ritchie behind the counter.

That place is on my bucket list this summer.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I guess there's a new sushi place downtown.

yep...kaizen?  kinda busy when i bike by......but bigger news.....EMBER is reopening in August!

the french pastry joint on 3rd.....never see it open?  does he still ahve a spot at ferguson?

13 minutes ago, Siouxper1 said:

The guy that owned French Crepe left the country. He is also delinquent on his Growth Fund loan. I watch a lot of council meetings.

surprised then he didn't acquire a food truck thru the city when brown was hiding from POC on his survailance ranch...bo aint having that crap anymore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Siouxper1 said:

The guy that owned French Crepe left the country. He is also delinquent on his Growth Fund loan. I watch a lot of council meetings.

his fake receipts might be the reason why he never seemed concerned that he never ever had customers when i would visit ferguson?

On 7/9/2023 at 5:54 AM, gfhockey said:

Had some kfc last night

real good crispy chicjrn

ciukda used more gravy on potato tho

hidden gem of gf

No further questions your honor:whistling::blink:

KFC sucks.  If you want decent fried chicken try the Boss!  Hands down best fried chicken in town and their pies are great also.  Discovered them staying in Sioux Falls years ago - plus they deliver late.