SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

KFC cole slaw back in the day was 1000x better than today. 

Yep, and I'm pretty sure we can blame the low-calorie craze. The Whopper and Big Mac used to be much better, too. They all switched to light mayonnaise to cut calories. 

3 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Yep, and I'm pretty sure we can blame the low-calorie craze. The Whopper and Big Mac used to be much better, too. They all switched to light mayonnaise to cut calories. 

Eat right; exercise; die anyway. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

With the Amazon expansions in Fargo that retail will be killed off as well. 

Yeah Fargo is really suffering for retail.  Been to West Acres?  Downtown, West Fargo? How's Columbia Mall doing?  You're in a gun fight with an empty gun.

55 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Yeah Fargo is really suffering for retail.  Been to West Acres?  Downtown, West Fargo? How's Columbia Mall doing?  You're in a gun fight with an empty gun.

West Acres...nope.  Downtown...nope. West Fargo...why would i go there?

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

Been to West Acres?  Downtown, West Fargo? … You're in a gun fight with an empty gun.

Been avoiding for some reason.

https://www.wistv.com/2021/06/08/14-year-old-passes-away-after-brutal-assault/?outputType=amp

This past week won’t improve the growing perception (reality?).

FPD Twitter the last week is monstrous ending in horror.

Fargo radio (1100) Saturday afternoon was openly asking, “Is Fargo safe.”

If I do go, it’s licensed and not empty. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Been avoiding for some reason.

https://www.wistv.com/2021/06/08/14-year-old-passes-away-after-brutal-assault/?outputType=amp

This past week won’t improve the growing perception (reality?).

FPD Twitter the last week is monstrous ending in horror.

Fargo radio (1100) Saturday afternoon was openly asking, “Is Fargo safe.”

If I do go, it’s licensed and not empty. 

Sadly, and ironically, I was talking to a fellow employee just days ago about how bad Fargo has gotten in their pursuit to be more like Minneapolis.  Hopefully a lot of the bad policies don’t follow suit and make things worse.

16 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

speedways on thursdays....can't even find a parking spot

Ribs are average at best but a pretty good deal for the price. Definitely not "BBQ restaurant" quality but more pressure cooked and fall off the bone with no effort if that's your preference. Had them a few weeks ago for the first time in probably a decade and were exactly as I remember. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I set out to find more retail and restaurants on the east and west highway that travels through GF.

I went East. Took me four hours til I found something. 

I went West. Took me 18 hours to find something.

grand rapids and spokane?

On 7/16/2023 at 9:04 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Cherry Berry? Scary. Unfairy!

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/grand-forks-cherryberry-set-to-close-sunday

Is the exodus of businesses affecting QOL in GFK?

Is it purely a labor shortage (which every place claims) or is there something more?

I would say my QOL is down without Hu Hot, Pita Pit, and Grand Junction.  Only had Famous Dave's once, but that would have been a nice thing to have in your back pocket.  Had never been to Cherry Berry, so that's not big a deal to me personally, but it does worry me about the state of the city's viability to keep good places open.

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Is it purely a labor shortage (which every place claims) or is there something more?

I would say my QOL is down without Hu Hot, Pita Pit, and Grand Junction.  Only had Famous Dave's once, but that would have been a nice thing to have in your back pocket.  Had never been to Cherry Berry, so that's not big a deal to me personally, but it does worry me about the state of the city's viability to keep good places open.

sometimes wonder if these places like cherry berry would be better off downtown but you know these bigger corporations "think" they have to be where everything/everyone else is...would cherry berry still be around if they were in the spot that tea and crepe filled 4 years ago?

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sometimes wonder if these places like cherry berry would be better off downtown but you know these bigger corporations "think" they have to be where everything/everyone else is...would cherry berry still be around if they were in the spot that tea and crepe filled 4 years ago?

Tea & Crepes downtown is better than Cherry Berry.

Cold Stone and DQ blizzards too.

If only having one instead of two Cherrys Berry's in the Grand Cities is affecting your quality of life...must be a good life!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Tea & Crepes downtown is better than Cherry Berry.

Cold Stone too.

true..but if keeping employees is what's taking these businesses down cherry berry has more money than tea and crepe...so is having a much much lower rent and more visible location on demers the reason why one is still here and one is closing...

and yes tea and crepe is better but cherry berry is still a good treat.

15 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Hard to find a spot most nights! They sure can pack a bunch in there though not too bad of a wait the last time I was there. I like to go at 5 before the big rush

My fave in GF--unpretentious, dive bar/restaurant. Parking is an adventure but the food is worth the trouble. I like their ribs--I think they're an old midwest recipe, very unlike the modern BBQ food trucks etc--they're not smoked (sometimes some of the BBQ afficionado stuff tastes like you're eating the coals...) Their BBQ sauce is good. 

And, their burgers are second to none, their steaks are very good, and their homemade appetizers--cheeser cheesers & hot tots, to name a couple--are excellent. 

Must be a reason they're so busy. 

• Upvote 2