SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

I like the take but doubt it. UND has good tailgating but SDSU has great tailgating. I was at SU tailgating three years ago and it was bigger than UNDs. UNDs is still run as an afterthought.

This take is on us being better than NDSU. No one mentioned anything about us being better than SDSU. 

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Power of belief goes a long way. Dale Lennon speaking to team on Friday night before the game

This was the clincher.  Just needed something to light the spark.  After that, the fire burned pure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoSimple said:

Congrats to you and your team. Obviously the better team. Hopefully UND can keep it going. I hate going on Bisonville. It's like the world is ending. Absolutely love that Dale Lennon came and talked with the team and was their for the coin toss. Again, congrats on the W.

took a peek on bisonville today...its still a burning dumpster fire...and im still smiling.:D

• Like 2

So there was the "Mooney Game" in 1993 when und broke the streak.  I know some people were trying to come up with something to call this game.  I know Ziebarth had a unreal game.  But, I think if you wanted to, you could make a case for calling in the "Skokna Game."  3 TD's which entailed a receiving TD, and rushing TD, and a kickoff TD to start the game.  That kickoff return TD will be talked about for decades!!!

• Upvote 3

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

So there was the "Mooney Game" in 1993 when und broke the streak.  I know some people were trying to come up with something to call this game.  I know Ziebarth had a unreal game.  But, I think if you wanted to, you could make a case for calling in the "Skokna Game."  3 TD's which entailed a receiving TD, and rushing TD, and a kickoff TD to start the game.  That kickoff return TD will be talked about for decades!!!

for apples to apples tho........mooney and cj were defensive turnovers that pretty much sealed the game...but yes...skokna was everywhere!

The nice thing about it, the game wasn't even close because there were so many big plays......hard to come up with one to remember it by. That opening kickoff though helped ramp up the confidence that the team already had and was big. CJ's pick was the sealer and turn of events type of play though. And if course kudos to the offense for punching it in for 6 after the great return. 

On 10/16/2023 at 11:02 AM, The Sicatoka said:

NDSU's drive to make 21-17 was eight or so minutes. That was a big part of what had me worried. 

That had me thinking the whole game. They aren’t built for quick strike. Even the turn over drive took like 6 minutes off the clock.