SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, goyotes said:

Congrats to all.  Hope you mixed in a few waters between all the postgame beverages and aren't suffering too much today.

Appreciated.  It's amazing the number of other fans excited to see NDSU fall.  Glad your yotes got them in Fargo. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Close second, but my pick has to be Skokes kickoff return. Punched them in the mouth when they weren't ready and had them reeling. Siegel's pick sent them into panic mode.

Both were epic, but I lean toward the interception myself.  The return TD was a great pop, but we knew it'd still be a dogfight after that and NDSU wasn't really going away in the first half despite how well we played and controlled most of the game.  NDSU had the ball and was ready to cut into the lead again with a momentum swing of their own and then bam....HUGE interception.  It really felt like it was our game to lose at that point.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

Both were epic, but I lean toward the interception myself.  The return TD was a great pop, but we knew it'd still be a dogfight after that and NDSU wasn't really going away in the first half despite how well we played and controlled most of the game.  NDSU had the ball and was ready to cut into the lead again with a momentum swing of their own and then bam....HUGE interception.  It really felt like it was our game to lose at that point.  

yeah....huge int....they punt it's still anyones game...when we punched that in they and entz's gaptooth were donsey!

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Pure happiness. Absolute joy. 
-so happy for Bubba, his staff, former players and coaches, fans, Grand Forks, UND community, etc. etc. 

- keep feeding the ball to Ziebarth. Dude can run. Offensive line can play. 
-keep the silver helmets full time. Get throw back uniforms (green/white jerseys, silver pants) to go with them  

Again, pure joy. Happy for Bubba, happy Dale Lennon and Roger Thomas were present to see it. Just awesome.

- now hype/crank this motherf*cker up and go beat UNI next weekend

Agree with all of this. Good to see you are starting to realize Z is the real deal. Skokna coming back from a big injury to make his mark as a senior literally set the tone from the first kick. A USD or UNI loss would really deflate this win. This was just one check box on a long bucket list.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

McFooly made one fact renown: it may have been 20 years since UND dominated buffalos but that was in a total of 5 games….  Now- next 5 games?

Helps that the game is in GF every other year. Tough to play in the dome but once the game returned home the series became competitive again.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Hopefully there was some tops recruits in attendance yesterday! Not sure how you wouldn't want to come to UND after that performance! 

As a fan, that was so much fun! I hope we keep the standing and getting loud every single down when UND is on defense. That energy and noise affects the game so much! Makes it so much fun for everyone!

Horns down baby!!

Lots of top recruits there, including some being recruited by both ND schools and FBS schools 

• Upvote 2

On 10/14/2023 at 2:03 PM, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Bubba balllllll

Yep, it was and it worked to perfection yesterday. 

17 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Now can they get a trophy game back going again?

Play for a sugarbeat, a farm, just do SOMETHING!

and do it for USD as well. 

UND already owns the farm... 

3 hours ago, 1972 said:

Close one for me....that holy cross/ gopher game was a heck of a thing to attend, as well

Was just telling my teenage kids the exact story yesterday as well, showed them the Holy Cross win on YouTube yesterday waiting for the hockey game. But the fun of the game, the energy you felt, it was so electric inside of the Alerus that, the only other time I felt that was at that Western regional here in Grand Forks. Feel lucky to be at both of them. I don’t think the Ralph has ever been louder than that moment. The electricity inside the building was so hard to replicate. Jonathan Toews, TJ Oshie, Duncan and Company, Michigan didn’t stand a chance….

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

Was just telling my teenage kids the exact story yesterday as well, showed them the Holy Cross win on YouTube yesterday waiting for the hockey game. But the fun of the game, the energy you felt, it was so electric inside of the Alerus that, the only other time I felt that was at that Western regional here in Grand Forks. Feel lucky to be at both of them. I don’t think the Ralph has ever been louder than that moment. The electricity inside the building was so hard to replicate. Jonathan Toews, TJ Oshie, Duncan and Company, Michigan didn’t stand a chance….

That was Red’s post game press conference. That damn puck went in we might as well have gotten back on the bus. 

• Upvote 1

We have a little under 6 hours left in sunday.....after that, its just another win in the Alerus.  Can't look back, only forward ! all eyes on UNI!  No let downs, no let up, keep rolling next week, and see what the rest of the year brings

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Midco Sports 1 is replaying the game Monday evening at 7pm. Tell everyone you know....especially your Bison loving friends! :devil::D:p

The replay is available on espn+ now.