SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

6 minutes ago, 108498 said:

NDSU wins by 21. 

2 picks and a fumble or two fumbles and a pick. I see it being similar to the SDSU game. 

After the SDSU game I was less confident about how we would do against NDSU, but I don't see them beating us by 21. I think it's a toss up game at this point. We are at home which is good, but we haven't won a big game in forever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are some games that are so big that they can change the narrative for a program. This is another “big game” opportunity. 

My prediction? Until they actually win a game like this, most likely outcome is NDSU rolls. Whatever your worst case scenario for this game is how it’ll end up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

There are some games that are so big that they can change the narrative for a program. This is another “big game” opportunity. 

My prediction? Until they actually win a game like this, most likely outcome is NDSU rolls. Whatever your worst case scenario for this game is how it’ll end up.

Why I’d double down on this. Take the UND perspective out. Let’s look at this from an NDSU point of view. IF they lost this game. 2 FCS losses, before they go to Brookings / Cedar Falls. We’re talking a very good chance of no seed / playing on Thanksgiving weekend. 

A UND win would not only vault UND up a tier, but also knock NDSU down a tier. We’re talking a decade + of frustrations gone. 

Am I off base here? That’s why UND winning seems virtually impossible.