SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

50 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Need to throw out as memorable is the nine minute plus drive we had to close out the 3rd quarter well into the 4th ending with a touchdown. Beautiful 

when UND  got the ball to start that drive, i turned to the guy next to me and sair"would love to see a 11minute drive that ends in a TD".....at the 3-4 qurter break , turned and said"looks like you may get youre wisjh!"   they did what NDSU  has done 100s of times to everyone! was a beutiful thing to watch

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

I personally like the “Skokna game.”  Had 3 touchdowns including the kickoff return to set the tone. Gave the  “horns down” right the face of a Bison defender in the end zone. Talked about wanting to rehab his injury so he could beat these guys. I mentioned earlier how happy I am for Tommy and Bubba, and i should have mentioned Skokna too. 

I’m confused

is this horns down or the hawk talons sign

i see WBB do this on huddle breaks 

28 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

I have read on several of the forum boards over the past several days where the NDSU fans are downplaying this loss.  Some saying UND just caught NDSU on a down year, others saying that it didn't matter who they lost to, as it was just an NDSU problem.  I don't think they are seeing the bigger picture.  UND had a very loud sold out Alerus with prospective recruits there.  They took the bison down in a way that hadn't been done in a very long time, beating them at their own game.  This wasn't just a bison loss, this was an absolute drubbing.  The recruits that were brought in for the game were also able to visit one of the most beautiful campuses in the Midwest and see all of the changes to make it even better. 

I'm sure winning the Ice Breaker tournament against Army and Wisconsin didn't hurt either.

NDSU has had a falling enrollment for nine consecutive years, internal issues with women in leadership and now a huge loss to North Dakota. 

UNI up next.  Keep it rolling UND!!

Which team had the better running backs, QB, Online, the list goes on. 

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This. We need to roll from here. The timing is excellent with Memorial Village coming online soon with PACA shortly thereafter. The stage is literally set and we have the righty people at president and AD finally to support every program the way they deserve.

PACA?

1 minute ago, ksixpack said:

Just call me Al; we have The Al, The Ralph, The Betty, and The Fritz...

lame......

the swamp

the big house

death valley

bounce house

the rock

the shoe

problem with "the al" is that it is based on the corporate name that could change from alerus center to FCC Union Stadium in the future.

1 hour ago, GeauxSioux said:

I have read on several of the forum boards over the past several days where the NDSU fans are downplaying this loss. 

In fairness, the Bison fans I tend to listen to or follow are giving a very real and stark assessment.

They're questioning DL and LB recruiting (in the Entz era). They're questioning tacking ability*. And they are questioning team speed. That's the defensive side, and let's be honest, all those hits still apply to UND.

Offensively they're not in love with the scheme (shotgun, not under center, to run true power) or playcalling. 

*Bison radio color Phil Hanson was losing his mind over this on air even late last season.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

In fairness, the Bison fans I tend to listen to or follow are giving a very real and stark assessment.

They're questioning DL and LB recruiting (in the Entz era). They're questioning tacking ability*. And they are questioning team speed. That's the defensive side, and let's be honest, all those hits still apply to UND.

Offensively they're not in love with the scheme (shotgun, not under center, to run true power) or playcalling. 

*Bison radio color Phil Hanson was losing his mind over this on air even late last season.

would phil ever get into coaching?

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

would phil ever get into coaching?

Doubtful. He has a special needs daughter, referees HS sports, owns lots of valuable farm land. He took a run at the state senate and feels strongly about a number of political issues. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Doubtful. He has a special needs daughter, referees HS sports, owns lots of valuable farm land. He took a run at the state senate and feels strongly about a number of political issues. 

haha...refs HS sports? really?  biggest ref in the history of HS reffing????

doubt if anyone is talk trash back about the block being clean!!!!!!

as for the what should be the trophy for the winner should be......another great idea from me to you

a 75 pound bitcoin

deemed the "Bitcoin Bowl" brought to you by kevin o'leary and Bitzero and the game winner's school get one bitcoin tranferred into their endowment at the current price of a bitcoin on gameday by btc mined in north dakota.

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/06/02/kevin-oleary-backed-bitcoin-miner-to-locate-hq-in-north-dakota/

Bitcoin_800x533_L_1637104307.jpg

• Upvote 1