SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Triggered? Or just amused by the randomness ideas are tossed out? We have people complaining that the head football coach doesn't have an eye for talent, can't hire the right assistants and holds on to them too long then in the next breath thinks he should be put in charge of hiring head coaches for the entire athletic department. Whether you agree with any or even some of that, you literally can't make this stuff up.... 

You just described an online discussion forum. This is why we have discussion forums. What do you think discussion forums are for?

• Upvote 1

Based on the home schedule next year and Saturday's playoff debacle what are the odds we hear from Bubba sometime next season...."Winning at home is hard"?? We got the other side of the coin this past season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Time to promote Bubba to AD and can Chaves! Worked with Roger Thomas….

And RT stubbornly refused to move up to FCS too.   Even when he was NCC commish he held us  back when the XDSU's wanted to move up.  Moving up instead of moving OUT really doesn't change much.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well, we've finally hit galaxy brain portion of the offseason and it isn't even 72 hours old.
First off, being a D2 Athletic Director vs a D1 Athletic Director are completely different things. And the landscape of college athletics has changed just slightly over the last 25-30 years. This isn't a knock on RT (or BS) but things like this are why it is tough to take most of the commentary here seriously any more.

Bubba is still living in the 25-30 year ago mindset.   Nothing has changed for him.  

I know my remark doesn’t qualify as “ serious commentary “like you demand but I had to get that off my chest.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Time to promote Bubba to AD and can Chaves! Worked with Roger Thomas….

So to stop the inbred nature that people complain about, we will hire someone from within who will in turn give UND applicants a higher priority than "outsiders".  

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Based on the home schedule next year and Saturday's playoff debacle what are the odds we hear from Bubba sometime next season...."Winning at home is hard"?? We got the other side of the coin this past season.

Best case is likely 3-2 heading down to Fargo.  At this point, that will not go well and then we return home to host UNI.  The trend line seems to be moving lower with the exception of a massive bump this season vs Bison.  Its not all that unlikely that we could be heading to Youngstown at 3-4 and in a "must-win".

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Chaves was to step down tomorrow, do you have names of any potential replacements you would like to share with us?

Erik Martinson, Asst AD, UND
Josh Morton, AD, Augustana 

And wildcard darkhorse: Bryn Chyzyk, JD (GM Waterloo, USHL) 

Bubba Schweigert would finish fourth in that list. 

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Erik Martinson, Asst AD, UND
Josh Morton, AD, Augustana 

And wildcard darkhorse: Bryn Chyzyk, JD (GM Waterloo, USHL) 

Bubba Schweigert would finish fourth in that list. 

I'd take wildcard Bochenski over Chyzk or Bubba.  

On 11/27/2023 at 1:56 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Was hoping to make a trip down to a Frisco, TX in January, but I guess I’ll have to figure something else out for my January trip for the next 10-15 years, maybe longer … 

and yes, yes, I know … there are nicer places than Frisco in January … 

imo fcs will dissolve before we ever get our jv championship like ndac and sdac.........

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

imo fcs will dissolve before we ever get our jv championship like ndac and sdac.........

Nothing jv about flying (or driving) to Texas in January and celebrating with fellow UND fans while watching the team compete for a national championship … but yeah, not likely to happen anytime soon at this rate 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

At the rate FCS is going we'll have U Mary and SD School of Mines competing for the title in Frisco.   No future in FCS any more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dustin said:

No. Contracted through the end of 2025 season. 

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota Athletics Director Bill Chaves announced on Monday that head football coach Bubba Schweigert has been extended for four seasons, starting at $215,000 and escalating to $245,000 per year, which will keep him on the Fighting Hawks sideline through the 2023 season.

This is from 2020, when did he get another extension?

4 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota Athletics Director Bill Chaves announced on Monday that head football coach Bubba Schweigert has been extended for four seasons, starting at $215,000 and escalating to $245,000 per year, which will keep him on the Fighting Hawks sideline through the 2023 season.

After 2021 season. https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/und-signs-football-coach-bubba-schweigert-to-two-year-extension-through-2025

2 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Published: Mar. 8, 2022 at 12:36 PM CST

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - The University of North Dakota continues to extend the contracts of personnel in its athletic department. The latest is head football coach Bubba Schweigert. He follows Athletic Director Bill Chaves and head hockey coach Brad Berry.

The extension will keep Schweigert on the Fighting Hawks sideline through the 2025 season.

Found it! so what's the buyout?