SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

When Bohl or Klieman had an FCS program and nine months to prepare for an FBS game they'd win it.

Coaching and preparation and a game plan to win. 

Up next for UND: Iowa State
Hear that Bubba? 

Guaranteed loss.

His contract does state he gets a bonus for beating FBS schools, but he sure doesn’t seem to care. 

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So likely Kotelnicki's recruits at LB and DB were passed along to Bubba. 

Luke S was the Illinois guy. He brought in Kenny G, Reyes, Kuksa etc. Marty Rodgers was bringing in Jeremy Chinn who is currently with the panthers. Chinn followed him to SIU a when he left here before Chinn signed.

10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Was hoping to make a trip down to a Frisco, TX in January, but I guess I’ll have to figure something else out for my January trip for the next 10-15 years, maybe longer … 

and yes, yes, I know … there are nicer places than Frisco in January … 

Haha, there are definitely nicer places than Frisco, but that's more on the NCAA than anything. I mean Frisco is no Florence.

17 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Beat NDSU, therefore season was a success. 

need better players, will use transfer portal 

nothing else really worth listening to after that 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/und-football-opens-offseason-knowing-defense-needs-work?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

This is another perfect example; it appears from his interviews that Bubba gets it. He says the right things, it does seem like he's self-aware of his teams shortcomings. Not optimistic that anything will actually change, but worth noting. 

Wait and see. 

19 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I think being in fcs you only want your coach there 5 years and spring board to fbs like bison coaches

ten years here too long 

19 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Agree with this 

Except that isn't true:
Bohl was at NDSU for 11 seasons.
Klieman was there for 8 season, 5 as head coach.
Entz has been there 10 seasons, in his 5th as head coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Except that isn't true:
Bohl was at NDSU for 11 seasons.
Klieman was there for 8 season, 5 as head coach.
Entz has been there 10 seasons, in his 5th as head coach.

True. But they were on radar and getting offers.

Bohl turned down SMU

I know UND contacted Klieman when he was still DC and before Bohl took Wyoming job.

Entz's name has come up in job searches as well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, petey23 said:

True. But they were on radar and getting offers.

Bohl turned down SMU

I know UND contacted Klieman when he was still DC and before Bohl took Wyoming job.

Entz's name has come up in job searches as well.

Had not heard Bohl turning down SMU before? Why would he do that and then end up at Wyoming? Seems like a bad miscalculation if true.

Not disagreeing with what you said, just pointing out that coaches leaving NDSU every 5 years to bigger things (shockingly) isn't accurate at all. 

Just now, jdub27 said:

Had not heard Bohl turning down SMU before? Why would he do that and then end up at Wyoming? Seems like a bad miscalculation if true.

Not disagreeing with what you said, just pointing out that coaches leaving NDSU every 5 years to bigger things (shockingly) isn't accurate at all. 

Definitely a miscalculation. SMU has a lot more turn-around potential than Wyoming.

2 hours ago, AJS said:

This is another perfect example; it appears from his interviews that Bubba gets it. He says the right things, it does seem like he's self-aware of his teams shortcomings. Not optimistic that anything will actually change, but worth noting. 

Wait and see. 

It's good that Bubba is taking a hard look at talent - agree with the wait and see though.  However, will he take the same hard look at coaching?  Game preparation, ability to motivate (the drop after the Bison game is stunning), game management, clock management, offensive play calling and philosophy, defensive scheme, 3rd down play, the chart he uses for 2 point conversions, I could go on.  Because unless these are evaluated we will get more of the same.  His 10 year history shows change is glacial.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Bohl likes coaching. He didn't want to go to SMU with a 4-5 year contract and possibly get fired after a couple years and be stuck in limbo getting paid but not coaching.

Bohl coached them through the transition so he was their coach at FCS level for what? 6 years?

Klieman was their head coach for 5 years and Entz has been there for 5 years as head coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

That is not a bad idea.

Well, we've finally hit galaxy brain portion of the offseason and it isn't even 72 hours old.
First off, being a D2 Athletic Director vs a D1 Athletic Director are completely different things. And the landscape of college athletics has changed just slightly over the last 25-30 years. This isn't a knock on RT (or BS) but things like this are why it is tough to take most of the commentary here seriously any more.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well, we've finally hit galaxy brain portion of the offseason and it isn't even 72 hours old.
First off, being a D2 Athletic Director vs a D1 Athletic Director are completely different things. And the landscape of college athletics has changed just slightly over the last 25-30 years. This isn't a knock on RT (or BS) but things like this are why it is tough to take most of the commentary here seriously any more.

Wow, are we triggered! :crazy:

If Chaves was to step down tomorrow, do you have names of any potential replacements you would like to share with us?

I'll hang up and listen........and not be triggered by any names you might drop.

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Glad to see you’re back! Was wondering where do we now sit in the Massey rankings?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Chaves was to step down tomorrow, do you have names of any potential replacements you would like to share with us?

I'll hang up and listen........and not be triggered by any names you might drop.

Don't even bother with him.

He went to the Dom Izzo School of Journalism so he's able to spin any scenario in his head to fit the narrative that he likes and believe he is actually correct

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Don't even bother with him.

He went to the Dom Izzo School of Journalism so he's able to spin any scenario in his head to fit the narrative that he likes and believe he is actually correct

You the same guy that thought it was a good idea for Red to hit the portal without any eligibility left?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Triggered? Or just amused by the randomness ideas are tossed out? We have people complaining that the head football coach doesn't have an eye for talent, can't hire the right assistants and holds on to them too long then in the next breath thinks he should be put in charge of hiring head coaches for the entire athletic department. Whether you agree with any or even some of that, you literally can't make this stuff up.... 

For starters, I would hope they would do a national search like they did last time. Given the upgrades and commitment to athletics the University has shown, I would see it being an even more attractive job than it previously was. If you want to look internally (which is should definitely not be limited to), Mannausau applied last time but his career path has veered even further away from an AD type role and Martinson is very well respected by his peers. Similar to last time, I think one or both would get a fair look and the best candidate would be given the job.

• Upvote 2