SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

16 hours ago, Hawkster said:

At the rate FCS is going we'll have U Mary and SD School of Mines competing for the title in Frisco.   No future in FCS any more.

Transfer portal= free agent

NIL=professional sports

No future for mid and smaller colleges in any sport, IMHO

• Upvote 1

Let the Trey Feeney era begin!!

Looking forward to what he can bring.  He definitely has a better deep ball.  As accurate on the short stuff as Tommy?  We shall see.  Doesn't take much to be a better runner than Tommy.  Feel like Tommy ran under desperation.  I think there will be more designed runs for Trey.  This offense is going to look a little different next year, for the better I think.

• Downvote 1

At risk of being tarred and feathered, I'm going to throw a little optimism out just for fun.

South Dakota was 3-8 last year and is 9-2 this year. Who know what will happen, maybe some guys turn the corner and we get really hot next season! I'm not saying that will happen, but who knows.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Let the Trey Feeney era begin!!

Looking forward to what he can bring.  He definitely has a better deep ball.  As accurate on the short stuff as Tommy?  We shall see.  Doesn't take much to be a better runner than Tommy.  Feel like Tommy ran under desperation.  I think there will be more designed runs for Trey.  This offense is going to look a little different next year, for the better I think.

I just watched the Hudl of Kaminski, Feeney, and Tommy.

At those equal points in time Kaminski had the strongest arm with a 50 yarder while kind of fading away and slightly across the body, Trey had the quickest release and throws the best across his body, but Tommy was slinging the ball everywhere including a 45 yarder in the air.    Kaminski ran the best but Feeney does look longer than just an inch taller on the program at 6'3" (Trey)compared to 6'2"(Jerry).  Again, it was surprising just how good Tommy looked coming out of High School.  But watching the 4-5 years at UND he didn't put on the size and arm strength one would project from his Hudl.  Goes to show in college what matters is development and your ceiling.  I think it's a pretty even Feeney/Kaminski battle heading into 2024.  I think Trey is 205 lbs and Jerry 200 lbs.........go to work Nate!!  Tommy listed at 6' and 195 lbs and if you saw him he might not even be that big.  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

At risk of being tarred and feathered, I'm going to throw a little optimism out just for fun.

South Dakota was 3-8 last year and is 9-2 this year. Who know what will happen, maybe some guys turn the corner and we get really hot next season! I'm not saying that will happen, but who knows.

See, a head coaching change can do wonders for a program!

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

What coaching change? Nielson is still the guy. Did they change a coordinator?

I was being facetious because USD not only kept Nielson around after going 3-8 last year and being 30-41 the previous 7 seasons, but USD also gave him an extension. And I'm not sure if you have heard (over and over and over), decisions like that are unacceptable in countless number of ways. Firing everyone and starting over is the quickest way to see improvements.

He did let go of his long-time OC and brought in the passing coordinator/WR coach from SDSU to run the offense.

• Upvote 4

Other factors to consider in USD's big turnaround were that that had a killer schedule last year and I think they started out like 1-5 or something. They also didn't start starting Bauman until like the last 3-4 games of the season and the already appeared to be better with him in there, and he was a freshman. So with him getting some experience and being back.... they were set up pretty well to have a decent turnaround this year IMO.  I wouldn't have guessed 9-2 though. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

At those equal points in time Kaminski had the strongest arm with a 50 yarder while kind of fading away and slightly across the body, Trey had the quickest release and throws the best across his body, but Tommy was slinging the ball everywhere including a 45 yarder in the air.    Kaminski ran the best but Feeney does look longer than just an inch taller on the program at 6'3" (Trey)compared to 6'2"(Jerry).  Again, it was surprising just how good Tommy looked coming out of High School.  But watching the 4-5 years at UND he didn't put on the size and arm strength one would project from his Hudl.  Goes to show in college what matters is development and your ceiling.  I think it's a pretty even Feeney/Kaminski battle heading into 2024.  I think Trey is 205 lbs and Jerry 200 lbs.........go to work Nate!!  Tommy listed at 6' and 195 lbs and if you saw him he might not even be that big.  

Tommy’s height was the only reason he didn’t get D1 offers, only reason!

think about this for a second…… Danny has recruited a QB that was Michigan player of the year, Wisconsin player of the year, and a Minnesota player of the year

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Other factors to consider in USD's big turnaround were that that had a killer schedule last year and I think they started out like 1-5 or something. They also didn't start starting Bauman until like the last 3-4 games of the season and the already appeared to be better with him in there, and he was a freshman. So with him getting some experience and being back.... they were set up pretty well to have a decent turnaround this year IMO.  I wouldn't have guessed 9-2 though. 

Absolutely. It is almost like there is occasionally more to it than just looking at a record.
We have people flipping out because they are already assuming some sort of mythical extension for Bubba, when he at least has a winning record and playoff berths 4 of the last 5 years. And to be clear, there's no argument the postseason results have been anything but disappointing.
Just pointing out that both USD and SDSU appear to have been rewarded for loyalty. Doesn't work for everyone, but starting over isn't always the only choice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I may have spoken prematurely.  It could be a good battle for QB1.  Always good to have backup (whoever that will be) that is just as capable as the starter without any dropoff in talent.  I give Trey a slight edge only because he has been here longer and has had more work with the current players and the coaches.  But it will be a fun battle!!

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I may have spoken prematurely.  It could be a good battle for QB1.  Always good to have backup (whoever that will be) that is just as capable as the starter without any dropoff in talent.  I give Trey a slight edge only because he has been here longer and has had more work with the current players and the coaches.  But it will be a fun battle!!

Would have been nice if the coaches would have given them some more snaps in some of our massive blowouts.  One of the things that has bugged me the most about this coaching staff.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Would have been nice if the coaches would have given them some more snaps in some of our massive blowouts.  One of the things that has bugged me the most about this coaching staff.

I didn’t care that they didn’t play in the blowouts nearly as much as the fact that UND was getting blown out … that bugged me the most. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I didn’t care that they didn’t play in the blowouts nearly as much as the fact that UND was getting blown out … that bugged me the most. 

My post was about development of the QBs for 2024.  Your post is off topic - see thread title.

17 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I was being facetious because USD not only kept Nielson around after going 3-8 last year and being 30-41 the previous 7 seasons, but USD also gave him an extension. And I'm not sure if you have heard (over and over and over), decisions like that are unacceptable in countless number of ways. Firing everyone and starting over is the quickest way to see improvements.

He did let go of his long-time OC and brought in the passing coordinator/WR coach from SDSU to run the offense.

Got it, totally wasn't picking up on that.