SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

5-1 best start in the D1 era along with 4 non-con D1 wins which is the most they’ve had too. Transfer portal was a killer. 

Much much better so far this year. However, I really dislike the transfer portal excuse. Every single coach deals with the same portal every year.

• Upvote 2

I'll renew my FB tickets but not as many seats.  Literally struggled to give them away when some or all couldn't make it north for a game.

It's not like there weren't plenty of seats every game if we need 2 or 4 more.

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'll renew my FB tickets but not as many seats.  Literally struggled to give them away when some or all couldn't make it north for a game.

I’m waiting to see if any changes are made before I make the decision

ni changes no renewal

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not sure if I’m going to renew mine yet?  If bubba was to be gone I would continue but if he is back I’m not sure 

When they decided to take away the catwalk our group of 20 shrank in half the following year. This year we had 4 of us left with us 4 undecided for next year.  

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

If the metric for popularity of UND football is judged by the ability to give tickets away then this year was certainly worse than most years.  Outside of the NDSU game it was a struggle to fill my group of tickets.  Im sure Ill talk a big game and then still renew all my tickets as I still have dreams of a relevant UND football team and my friends and family as excited for the games as I.

If everything remains unchanged in terms of eligible players returning and coaching staff unchanged:

2024 Predictions: 

@ Iowa State - loss

vs Montana - toss up but I’ll go with a win since at home

vs Idaho State - win

vs San Diego - win

vs Murray State - win

@ NDSU - loss

vs UNI - win

@ Youngstown - loss 

@ Indiana State - win

vs South Dakota State - loss

vs South Dakota - win

@ Illinois State  - loss 

Final record: 7 - 5 … rinse and repeat.

Loss at Illinois State causes uproar to end season, Bubba finally “retires” with one year (2025) remaining on contract 

Chaves could do everyone a favor, principally the students-athletes, and force a change now, but he won’t.

• Upvote 2

The last two playoff games the defense has been as bad as you can be. At this point, what can be done to save it? What is there to be excited about on that side of the ball next year?

This defense isn’t even close to being good or where it needs to be. With no likely changes to the defensive staff, what is going to change? 

45 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If everything remains unchanged in terms of eligible players returning and coaching staff unchanged:

2024 Predictions: 

@ Iowa State - loss

vs Drake - win

vs San Diego - win

vs Murray State - win

@ NDSU - loss

vs UNI - win

@ Youngstown - loss 

@ Indiana State - win

vs South Dakota - win

@ Illinois State  - loss 

Loss at Illinois State causes uproar to end season, Bubba finally “retires” with one year (2025) remaining on contract 

Chaves could do everyone a favor, principally the students-athletes, and force a change now, but he won’t.

We don't play Drake, it's Idaho State that week.   It's a win either way but it's someone better than Drake.  

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/8/30/football-mvfc-und-releases-2024-slate.aspx

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

2024 Predictions: 

@ Iowa State - loss

vs Drake - win

vs San Diego - win

vs Murray State - win

@ NDSU - loss

vs UNI - win

@ Youngstown - loss 

@ Indiana State - win

vs South Dakota - win

@ Illinois State  - loss 

Wins vs the Griz, UNI and USD? Nah....not happening. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

2024 Predictions: 

@ Iowa State - loss

vs Drake - win

vs San Diego - win

vs Murray State - win

@ NDSU - loss

vs UNI - win

@ Youngstown - loss 

@ Indiana State - win

vs South Dakota - win

@ Illinois State  - loss 

It’s got 6-6 written all over it.  I see a loss to the Griz at home, the swap out of WIU for Youngstown on the schedule, etc.

• Upvote 1