SiouxSports.com Forum

Week #4....The Devils and Vegas....

Wilbur

18 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I've seen comments the last couple of years stating we cannot expect to land blue chip recruits anymore because kids want that "B1G experience". They imply our days as a blueblood program are essentially over. Even the implication pisses me off.

I’m sure if I dug around here for the next several hours that I could find a post or two saying exactly this, but I don’t think there is a grassroots movement here lobbying for UND to try to join the B1G Hockey Conference.  

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m sure if I dug around here for the next several hours that I could find a post or two saying exactly this, but I don’t think there is a grassroots movement here lobbying for UND to try to join the B1G Hockey Conference.  

Heck no! That is the last thing we need.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Why wouldn’t you celebrate that win? We made this into a big game and they won in front of a big crowd of opposing fans. 

Celebrate yes but to celebrate like you won some kind of championship just shows the difference for me in the programs. Yeah it is a destination game but at the end of the day it is just another non-con game and in the grand scheme of things nowhere near as big as Minnesota or even Quinnipiac who are likely to be teams who could be in the mix for a championship although in my opinion I don't think Q makes that type of run come March. Arizona State is celebrating like that because they think they proved something last night and it is a big thing for them, for UND it is a game they expect to win and should win. Honestly ASU celebrating like they did and putting so much into that game makes the UND performance all the more embarrassing in my mind.

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

When will Berry realize his team gets out worked every game and it’s not even close, hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work. 

Probably when his first 2 lines aren’t at the craps table til 2am drinking at the Park MGM

40 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Celebrate yes but to celebrate like you won some kind of championship just shows the difference for me in the programs. Yeah it is a destination game but at the end of the day it is just another non-con game and in the grand scheme of things nowhere near as big as Minnesota or even Quinnipiac who are likely to be teams who could be in the mix for a championship although in my opinion I don't think Q makes that type of run come March. Arizona State is celebrating like that because they think they proved something last night and it is a big thing for them, for UND it is a game they expect to win and should win. Honestly ASU celebrating like they did and putting so much into that game makes the UND performance all the more embarrassing in my mind.

You obviously didn’t see North Dakota celebrate a meaningless OT shootout “win” over Quinnipiac a few weeks ago…

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You obviously didn’t see North Dakota celebrate a meaningless OT shootout “win” over Quinnipiac a few weeks ago…

Or the meaningless win in OT against Minnesota last Saturday……

Seriously people need to get over it . Focus should be on our teams performance and not how other teams celebrate!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Or the meaningless win in OT against Minnesota last Saturday……

Seriously people need to get over it . Focus should be on our teams performance and not how other teams celebrate!

Except that that win actually went down as a win in the record book. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Yeah UND must not be a championship program anymore by the way we have celebrated recent meaningless non conference wins….

why would ASU not treat it as a big game? Why would we not? It’s a destination game so that makes it big. Beating a ranked team in their house is also big for any program. Stop trying to minimize what they did just because we lost!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Except that that win actually went down as a win in the record book. 

The loss doesn’t bother me as much as how poorly this team has played so far. It concerns me for the rest of the season. It also doesn’t bother me one bit when the teams we play celebrate a win against us. If these HOF games don’t mean anything we might as well quit playing them!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Berry won a title with recruits from Hakstol and has steadily gone down hill from there, don’t remember many recuits Decommitting during Hak or Blais  eta. Time to try another head coach. 

3 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Exactly. That’s one of my problems when people bring up Berrys championship. That championship along with any good success in the playoffs close to that we’re all done with Hak recruits. Berry can’t recruit and it’s finally showing. 

Do you know who was the head recruiter during the Hak years? His initials are BB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yes, I don't understand this narrative he speaks of so often 

It has been said here that some players are bound to be drawn to the Big just because of the national recognition of the name. As is his way, he takes that and inflates it into everyone here agreeing the Big is superior in all ways, and we should all be okay with that.

11 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Man... some of you just need to go to bed. The season didn't end today. Game sucked but thus far the trip has still been great fun and I'd think about going to the next destination game, depending on where it is. I haven't seen disappointed UND fan around town, people are still having fun.

Why wouldn’t they have fun still? 

10 minutes ago, N of GF said:

It has been said here that some players are bound to be drawn to the Big just because of the national recognition of the name. As is his way, he takes that and inflates it into everyone here agreeing the Big is superior in all ways, and we should all be okay with that.

My use of :silly: when making those comments should be sufficient to inform the reader of my intentions, but I guess not.

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah UND must not be a championship program anymore by the way we have celebrated recent meaningless non conference wins….

why would ASU not treat it as a big game? Why would we not? It’s a destination game so that makes it big. Beating a ranked team in their house is also big for any program. Stop trying to minimize what they did just because we lost!

I haven't seen UND celebrate any win this year really big except for the Minnesota win and that is a different situation because game winning ending goals always are.

I really don't care where the game is or whether it is a destination game or not it is just another regular season game. Games against Minnesota, Denver, Duluth, St. Cloud, and really all conference games are much higher on the priority list.

I'm not minimizing what they did I'm saying they should celebrate the win but acting like last night is the be all end all and celebrating to that extent is over the top. If you want to be a legitimate program you should have your eyes on something bigger.

12 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Not the way you did evidently? I saw a normal celebration after a win

Except it wasn’t a win.  We celebrated a tie.  And the crowd went wild like the team won.  And they shot off fireworks.  

But by all means, let’s bag on ASU for being over the top. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, sioux rube said:

In the Mullet Arena no less 

15 hours ago, bcblues said:

Mullet arena. Makes me snicker. I catch mullet in my cast nest and use them for bait.

18 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I haven't seen UND celebrate any win this year really big except for the Minnesota win and that is a different situation because game winning ending goals always are.

I really don't care where the game is or whether it is a destination game or not it is just another regular season game. Games against Minnesota, Denver, Duluth, St. Cloud, and really all conference games are much higher on the priority list.

I'm not minimizing what they did I'm saying they should celebrate the win but acting like last night is the be all end all and celebrating to that extent is over the top. If you want to be a legitimate program you should have your eyes on something bigger.

No need for you to worry, the eyes are on something bigger.