SiouxSports.com Forum

Week #4....The Devils and Vegas....

Wilbur

Going to be another long Sioux season. No fun, not winning, but when we're getting really badly outplayed that's a different story. We seem to have the offensively talented kids,  but wow not since the early '90s have I seen, a UND team get out shot so badly in their first seven games?

Berry obviously needs to find the right chemistry with the lines. Or, maybe the Berry time is coming to an end. This season will yell

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

What is your beef with the Englestad trust fund? They have treated our program really, really well. The last (thankfully now gone) AD had a beef with the Englestad family for some reason, but once replaced, the moneys have flowed to update the rink to the best in the nation.

Don’t forget the host fest before the pandemic the main act Saturday canceled 6 hours before the show what’s the Englestad family due. Sent 900EM to minot with a Vegas headliner. 

Can't be mad about the loss, more disappointed in all around effort. After the 2-goal lead they started to look gassed. How the coaches after 10 minutes in let alone the start of the second didn't start looks at adjusting lines 2 through 4 and the D pairings. Need to fix the lack of shots on goal, how is this a thing. Where is the pride for the name on the front on the jersey. Get McLaughlin better linemates then the two he ha. Hes two fast for those two.

I saw more emotion from Karl late in the game then Brad. 

Give credit where credit is due, Arizona State flat out beat UND and deserved the win. 

• Upvote 2

Just for the record, I think that the UND team has a great squad. I am not shorting them on their performances individually, apart from what they have been coached. SOMETHING is amiss here. And I am not sure exactly what it is. Coaching? Leadership? Whatever. It does not matter. Performance matters and we have been struggling....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, neoflex said:

Bring back Blaise!

If we only could. I met him and he had a great "personality". I assume he got on great with the players without backing down to them.

He was a neighbor of my Mom and would come to her Christmas Eve parties every year.

I would have Blaise back in a heartbeat.

Just now, Snake said:

The next “destination” game is gonna be a hard sell. 

At least they have 2 years off before the next one.  However, if this team can't pull their heads out of their #$&*#&$, the Ralph won't even be a "destination" anymore.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bcblues said:

If we only could. I met him and he had a great "personality". I assume he got on great with the players without backing down to them.

He was a neighbor of my Mom and would come to her Christmas Eve parties every year.

Haha this team needs a refresh. 

6 minutes ago, bcblues said:

At 71, I still think Blais could do it. Or at least a hell of a lot better than what we've been seeing lately for the past couple years

Judd looks terrible.  Come on you are a senior.  Seems like he regresses every year rather than getting better.  Frisch seems to have take a step back this year as well.  Very disappointing game.  Feel bad for all the Sioux fans who spent their hard earned money.  This should have been a win but thats why they play em.  The lack of shots on goal was hard to believe.  Seriously only 15 shots on goal!  Wow

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, neoflex said:

Going to be another long Sioux season. No fun, not winning, but when we're getting really badly outplayed that's a different story. We seem to have the offensively talented kids,  but wow not since the early '90s have I seen, a UND team get out shot so badly in their first seven games?

Berry obviously needs to find the right chemistry with the lines. Or, maybe the Berry time is coming to an end. This season will yell

I don’t like the way Berry keeps messing with the Senden Jammer and Hain line. That line has awesome chemistry and can fire up the team. All this cute stuff with lines is hurting chemistry. Different lines every game is BS imo.

9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Give credit where credit is due, Arizona State flat out beat UND and deserved the win. 

Gotta say that!  This is a huge win for their program and will boost their future DI endeavours.  ASU didn't panic when they got behind - figured out a plan and stuck to it and eventually won with it.  Big time props to ASU and good luck to them - they'll get some real DI credibility for this win. 

That being said imo Berry flat out got out-coached and it's hard to understand.   The only thing I'd say is these destination games put a HUGE amount of pressure on the team and the coaches to perform.  Maybe too much - good thing the "next" destination game is slated for 2025 at the earliest. 

• Upvote 2