SiouxSports.com Forum

Week #4....The Devils and Vegas....

Wilbur

Saturday night at 9pm in Sin City.  

Last year I think the guys weren't 100 percent focused on the opponent.  This year is no different as its a game they should win, but an opponent capable of beating them.

5-1.  Bet it all on black if you are going. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I wonder if this team is weak enough for us to be competitive with. :silly:

Seriously, this is another non-conference game with PWR implications. A regulation win is a must.

This team is in ok shape right now overall, but as odd as it might sound, this is sort of a must win type of situation. NCHC's out of conference performance although not awful, is I'm guessing the worst we've seen it. 

Excited for this game, it's been an odd start to the year. I believe this team has #1 seed potential. Need to start running off some regulation wins, starting in Vegas.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, LH Golfer said:

Looking at their roster, there are quite a few former USHL players and a few BCHL players. Best not to look past them.

Plus they have some nice transfers in Mastrosimone, from BU, Ty and Dylan Jackson from Northeastern, and Lukas Sillinger from Bemidji State.  Add in Josh Doan and Ryan O'Reilly who at one point we were interested in, and they have a decent lineup.   They seemed to make easy work of CC last weekend. 

Things need to get cleaned up real quick if this team is going to win this weekend. Defensive zone is a mess. Outshot last weekend 79-38 and having limited scoring chances ourselves, is a recipe for potential disaster. The QU and Minny weekends have shown, at least to this point, plenty of room for improvement and plenty of cause for concern. Returning d core plus Farmer less than impressive thus far.

This team is walking a fine line of being 0-4 last four games..........hope things turn in the right direction soon.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AJS said:

This team is in ok shape right now overall, but as odd as it might sound, this is sort of a must win type of situation. NCHC's out of conference performance although not awful, is I'm guessing the worst we've seen it. 

Excited for this game, it's been an odd start to the year. I believe this team has #1 seed potential. Need to start running off some regulation wins, starting in Vegas.

Seeing The NCHC results this last couple weekend has been fairly depressing. Other leagues really finding success right now against some of us. ST cloud killing it though. Duluth 0-4. I mean. What. 

50 minutes ago, BusinessSoot said:

Things need to get cleaned up real quick if this team is going to win this weekend. Defensive zone is a mess. Outshot last weekend 79-38 and having limited scoring chances ourselves, is a recipe for potential disaster. The QU and Minny weekends have shown, at least to this point, plenty of room for improvement and plenty of cause for concern. Returning d core plus Farmer less than impressive thus far.

This team is walking a fine line of being 0-4 last four games..........hope things turn in the right direction soon.

Thankfully, UND has traditionally been a team that builds as the season goes on and works on shortcomings.  Much rather be a team that does that than start out like a house of fire then goes backwards.   There is a reason Duluth hasn't won a league championship forever, but still seems to be one of the teams to beat in the NCAA tourney. 

4 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Seeing The NCHC results this last couple weekend has been fairly depressing. Other leagues really finding success right now against some of us. ST cloud killing it though. Duluth 0-4. I mean. What. 

9-7 isn't the end of the world.  I think right now, Duluth's slow start, especially at home has been the unusual part. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Saturday night at 9pm in Sin City.  

Last year I think the guys weren't 100 percent focused on the opponent.  This year is no different as its a game they should win, but an opponent capable of beating them.

5-1.  Bet it all on black if you are going. 

Well AZ just beat Colorado College 6-1 on Saturday, so they are no slouch. This is a must win non-conference game, so boys need to bring it. 

46 minutes ago, tnt said:

9-7 isn't the end of the world.  I think right now, Duluth's slow start, especially at home has been the unusual part. 

I guess I don’t think Duluth has been  super unusual considering their roster turnover. Figured they’d be better in the second half, but they can’t be digging themselves too big of a hole or there will be problems trying to climb out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Stack said:

Well AZ just beat Colorado College 6-1 on Saturday, so they are no slouch. This is a must win non-conference game, so boys need to bring it. 

"AZ" is Arizona, or U of Arizona. You mean ASU.*

*I get peevish on that because we don't put up with people mis-referencing UND and NDSU. 

I'm looking for help/advice with the AXS app. There are eight of us going to the game. All the tickets are on my phone. Two of the couples are not very computer savvy. In order to transfer tickets they would need to get and operate the AXS app. The AXS app says I can transfer tickets but it doesn't say I can transfer individual tickets, i.e. two to one couple, two each to the other couples. More than likely we will all be together entering the game. I'm thinking I will just leave them all on my phone and we'll all enter at the same time. Thoughts?

ASU seems to have some consistency problems.

Swept by UMD (UMD's only wins this season)
Split with BSU
Split with Colgate
Swept CC

Maybe it depends on which ASU team shows up.
Got to capitalize on the PP, as ASU likes to take penalties.

Hopefully the boys can bring a better effort than last year against PSU.

10 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I'm looking for help/advice with the AXS app. There are eight of us going to the game. All the tickets are on my phone. Two of the couples are not very computer savvy. In order to transfer tickets they would need to get and operate the AXS app. The AXS app says I can transfer tickets but it doesn't say I can transfer individual tickets, i.e. two to one couple, two each to the other couples. More than likely we will all be together entering the game. I'm thinking I will just leave them all on my phone and we'll all enter at the same time. Thoughts?

Are the tickets just scannable bar/QR code? I just take screenshots of each individual ticket(s) on my phone and then send the pic of the ticket via text to each respective person in my group. 

11 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Are the tickets just scannable bar/QR code? I just take screenshots of each individual ticket(s) on my phone and then send the pic of the ticket via text to each respective person in my group. 

I doubt you can do that. Can't do that with tickets from the Ralph anymore.  It's just a security thing so you don't text the same ticket (screenshot) to multiple people.  Most need to be sent by email through Ticketmaster to another Ticketmaster or UND Fighting Hawks app. 

24 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I live in LV and use the AXS app frequently.  When you select transfer, the app allows you to select the tickets you want to transfer, allowing you to transfer individual tickets or more to separate people.