SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls

gfhockey

34 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u serious clarke?

we couldn't outbid mcnocholls state junior college a couple years ago.

Has anyone ever reported the dollar amount teams actually bid for these games?   

Edit: Found some for Nichols and JMU

https://www.houmatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/11/17/nicholls-makes-aggressive-bid-to-host-fcs-playoffs-for-second-straight-year/8347364007/

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/final-tally-dukes-lose-126k-on-playoff-game/printable

51 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u serious clarke?

we couldn't outbid mcnocholls state junior college a couple years ago.

Unwarranted cheap shot, UND put in a very generous bid, but Nicolls State was determined to host. They probably saved enough money on not having inside toilets to help cover the cost (that's an inside joke as their stadium was under construction and there were locker room issues that should have prevented them from hosting but the NCAA was not going to turn down their massive bid).  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Unwarranted cheap shot, UND put in a very generous bid, but Nicolls State was determined to host. They probably saved enough money on not having inside toilets to help cover the cost (that's an inside joke as their stadium was under construction and there were locker room issues that should have prevented them from hosting but the NCAA was not going to turn down their massive bid).  

normally cheap shots are on their face untrue.............we got outbid. bottom line.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Truth is UND did financially outbid Nicholls State and I believe we were the 2nd highest bid for the first round.  The issue was hotel rooms, as there wasn’t a hotel in town with 60 rooms available.  UND has now reserved a hotel/rooms 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Truth is UND did financially outbid Nicholls State and I believe we were the 2nd highest bid for the first round.  The issue was hotel rooms, as there wasn’t a hotel in town with 60 rooms available.  UND has now reserved a hotel/rooms 

im calling BS on this post....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Yep  toatal BS.  That was almost 3 years ago and this is the first time I have heard this claim.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Summary of the two main computer rankings plus the 3 human polls somewhat averaged out and include the strength of schedule (as of today).
Probably missing some teams, I only used the top 31 (through SIU) in the coaches poll. Guessing a few of those lower ones would be replaced by some others but goes to show how bad the coach's poll is.

image.png.e47f288b8df959cfec3d875bb1073d68.png

Thanks for all the spreadsheet time.  

Really stands out how poor the coaches poll is, particularly failing to consider SOS at all.  Very archaic.

13 hours ago, ND1 said:

Fire away.. part of the bid is to guarantee a certain number of hotel rooms for the visiting team. 

I wish they would make the bid information public.  I for one was super disappointed that year that we didnt have a home playoff game.  UND (and most other teams) has been a completely different team at home, although this year we are doing well on the road.

As a secondary note.. If having a certain number of hotel rooms for the visiting team is a requirement, Im not sure not having hotel rooms reserved in advance shines any better on our athletic department?  Or at least is representative of their lack of faith in UND football.  Hopefully they have sorted that out.

I had not heard the hotel room issue before, but that would be a bit surprising as I would assume that would be part of the bid process that needs to be submitted and I know the athletic department pushed to put out the best bid they could. They even go as far as providing real locker rooms with running water for both teams (which somehow wasn't part of the criteria)!!

I do know that UND one of the top bids that year (top 3 I believe) with UNI and Nicholls being ahead of them. It was an aggressive bid and just bad luck on the draw. The athletic department understands the importance of those playoff games being at home.

On 11/7/2022 at 6:44 PM, ND1 said:

Not true!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Not true!

Ramada Inn has been reserved !   Bids due next week!  

"A minimum of 60 double-double rooms should be reserved by the host institution for the visiting team for all preliminary-round games. It is strongly recommended that the hotel reserved for the visiting team meet the following specifications: a. Lodging accommodations all located in one hotel property. b. A full service property. c. Be located within 30 miles from the competition venue. d. Have minimum meeting space to accommodate one room for 100 for the purpose of team meals, two breakout rooms for 40 per room and a conference room for athletic training needs. e. Provide a late check-out for any game starting after 4 p.m. local time

10 hours ago, ND1 said:

Ramada Inn has been reserved !   Bids due next week!  

"A minimum of 60 double-double rooms should be reserved by the host institution for the visiting team for all preliminary-round games. It is strongly recommended that the hotel reserved for the visiting team meet the following specifications: a. Lodging accommodations all located in one hotel property. b. A full service property. c. Be located within 30 miles from the competition venue. d. Have minimum meeting space to accommodate one room for 100 for the purpose of team meals, two breakout rooms for 40 per room and a conference room for athletic training needs. e. Provide a late check-out for any game starting after 4 p.m. local time

This may be true but your statement above regarding the bid amounts, etc. was not fact!

• Upvote 1