SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls

gfhockey

3 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

looks like a lot of pollsters are falling for UC Davis. 6-4 right now, play Sac State this weekend... will the committee put in a 6-5 Davis over a 7-4 team? 

They may….they been blowing out the last 5 opponents. 2pt loss at SDSU, 5 pt loss Weber State, biggest FCS loss 17 to Montana State. 21 pt FBS loss to Cal.

1 hour ago, homer said:

I have read a post on this board from a “real” UND fan that our SOS is only inflated because #1 SDSU was on it………. 

The presence of SDSU on UND’s schedule does increase the strength of schedule for UND. That’s a fact. The other opponents on the schedule are quite fluffy, though, with the exception of the big one this weekend: @ NDSU

Its no secret that SDSU and NDSU should be the prime matchups and highlighted contests year in and year out for UND football 

17 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

They may….they been blowing out the last 5 opponents. 2pt loss at SDSU, 5!0t loss Weber State, biggest FCS loss 17 to Montana State. 21 pt FBS loss to Cal.

Their win over Idaho was their first "good" win of the year in my mind...and it is good!  But NoCo/Idaho State/Poly/NAU are not very good teams.  They've got some "quality losses" though!

Wish we had beat NAU by more...but that's a team that's much different to play in your house vs Flagstaff (ask Brent Vigen).  I'm not very trusting of Sac State...but hopefully they can get it done and bury the Aggies on Saturday (it's a rivalry game so you never know unfortunately).

• Upvote 1

If some of the FCS Stats poll folks that run with the Herd(er) hadn't talked UND down the last month, a scenario where UND wins a close game could have still left NDSU with a bye week (top 8). As it stands, should NDSU lose it likely costs them top 8. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The presence of SDSU on UND’s schedule does increase the strength of schedule for UND. That’s a fact. The other opponents on the schedule are quite fluffy, though, with the exception of the big one this weekend: @ NDSU

Its no secret that SDSU and NDSU should be the prime matchups and highlighted contests year in and year out for UND football 

Pretty much no different than the Big Sky teams having Sac State on their schedule and all of them losing to them.  That's a fact.  But we know it's your duty to knock down anything positive regarding UND football.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Pretty much no different than the Big Sky teams having Sac State on their schedule and all of them losing to them.  That's a fact.  But we know it's your duty to knock down anything positive regarding UND football.  

it's called being realistic....there hasn't been anything really really positive around this program for 20 years....

hope this year is the year....starts on saturday in fargo

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

But we know it's your duty to knock down anything positive regarding UND football.  

You’re so lost. Fallacies non-stop from you. 

I tell it how it is. You won’t find a bigger UND football supporter, but I’m also realistic so I state what I think needs to change in order to take the next step. It’s called being proactive. Oh, and knowledgeable. 

“Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.”
- Albert Einstein 

So you can stop it any second. We all want the same thing, or at least I thought you supported UND. 

Go Hawks! Let’s get it this time, Bubba.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it's called being realistic....there hasn't been anything really really positive around this program for 20 years....

hope this year is the year....starts on saturday in fargo

You are right, it has been quite a while......too long.  But does that mean none of us should be allowed to say anything positive.........ever?  We can't even say......we will have the 2nd toughest strength of schedule, without a certain person having to put a negative spin on it........oh it's totally inflated due to SDSU.   I don't see other people saying every Big Sky's teams SoS is fake because it's just inflated by Sac State on their schedule. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

You are right, it has been quite a while......too long.  But does that mean none of us should be allowed to say anything positive.........ever?  We can't even say......we will have the 2nd toughest strength of schedule, without a certain person having to put a negative spin on it........oh it's totally inflated due to SDSU.   I don't see other people saying every Big Sky's teams SoS is fake because it's just inflated by Sac State on their schedule. 

Again, misinterpretation. Get over it. 

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Again, misinterpretation. Get over it. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:19 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

“One of the toughest FCS schedules” is inflated by #1 SDSU being on it. Losing at SIU is looking more and more like a bad loss and the loss at FBS disaster Nebraska is certainly not anything to brag about.

Beat NDSU and all is forgiven. 

How was your original post misinterpreted?? 

• Upvote 1