SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls

gfhockey

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Mention trump and you be blocked too 

Had zero to do with Trump for me...I simply asked "Why would any school in the MWC vote to split the conference revenue pie by one more piece to bring on a school that is tough to get to for a volleyball team on a Tuesday night, would not bring the types of tv ratings conferences want, and would kick their asses in their "marquee" sport? in response to one of his NDSU needs to join the MWC tweets.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Had zero to do with Trump for me...I simply asked "Why would any school in the MWC vote to split the conference revenue pie by one more piece to bring on a school that is tough to get to for a volleyball team on a Tuesday night, would not bring the types of tv ratings conferences want, and would kick their asses in their "marquee" sport? in response to one of his NDSU needs to join the MWC tweets.

Your logic and reason are unacceptable and intolerable.

Access: Denied. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Was referring to 360 tweet 

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A win against SDSU would be HUGE for our movement in the polls, and a win against ACU would help solidify our spot. SDSU could be the #1 ranked team at that point. Can't emphasize enough how important this next game is to our season. Lose and it isn't over, but win and you've taken a huge step forward, not just towards the playoffs, but potentially even a seed if you can maintain success. 

A lot of season left and a lot of things to work on, but this team has already taken several steps in the right direction from last season, still need to take a few more. Look at home many close games we have won this year compared to losing last year, along with 2 road wins so far.

I know the long ball wasn't clicking this past weekend, but I do like that Bubba and Co are at least will to take a few shots. If (dare I say when) Tommy starts connecting on these, it will had a whole new element to this offense. Had he connected on even a few of those long balls against Youngstown that game could have been a blowout.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I believe that’s from October 2nd. 

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

Looks like Misery St dropped out of the coaches poll, but we are still not in it. We are actually listed as receiving the same number of votes as Misery St. Yet Princeton, Austin Peay and even (3-2) Richmond moved into the poll. Put UND's record next to UNI and we would be somewhere around 15.

I really don't care about the coaches poll, it is more annoying to have it be such a joke. Not much anyone can do though. UND just needs to win. I don't care if it is close or ugly. Just beat the bunnies! Should have had them last year ... need to take care of business at home.

• Upvote 2

Analytics this week:

Massey -> 12 (up 3, ahead of 23 FBS schools)
Sagarin -> 11 (don't know last week)

Massey FCS: Weber, Sac, SDSU, Mont, NDSU, Mont St, Holy Cross, Mercer, SIll, Chatt, Elon, UND, ...
Sagarin FCS: Mont, NDSU, Sac, SDSU, Weber, Mercer, SIll, Mont St, Inc Word, Holy Cross, UND, ... 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

Looks like Misery St dropped out of the coaches poll, but we are still not in it. We are actually listed as receiving the same number of votes as Misery St. Yet Princeton, Austin Peay and even (3-2) Richmond moved into the poll. Put UND's record next to UNI and we would be somewhere around 15.

I really don't care about the coaches poll, it is more annoying to have it be such a joke. Not much anyone can do though. UND just needs to win. I don't care if it is close or ugly. Just beat the bunnies! Should have had them last year ... need to take care of business at home.

I don't pay much attention to this coaches poll either, but fun looking. The Stats Top 25 I do.
We can't lose next weekend, so the coaches might bump us in over someone who loses.

56 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

A win against SDSU would be HUGE for our movement in the polls, and a win against ACU would help solidify our spot. SDSU could be the #1 ranked team at that point. Can't emphasize enough how important this next game is to our season. Lose and it isn't over, but win and you've taken a huge step forward, not just towards the playoffs, but potentially even a seed if you can maintain success. 

A lot of season left and a lot of things to work on, but this team has already taken several steps in the right direction from last season, still need to take a few more. Look at home many close games we have won this year compared to losing last year, along with 2 road wins so far.

I know the long ball wasn't clicking this past weekend, but I do like that Bubba and Co are at least will to take a few shots. If (dare I say when) Tommy starts connecting on these, it will had a whole new element to this offense. Had he connected on even a few of those long balls against Youngstown that game could have been a blowout.

Need to at least attempt the deep balls to keep them honest otherwise they will just stack the box or bring up their safety coverage. Our short passing and running game rely on teams making the choice to give us the short or long game advantage. Tommy can make the throws but he has been too conservative on some of those deep throws because I’m sure he doesn’t want a pick. 

When USD had it on their own two in the first quarter, SDSU knowing run was coming had the safeties so far up the SDSU linebackers didn't have to look backwards to find them. SDSU must have great confidence in the speed of their DBs or they know USD isn't going to try to go TE up the seam from run formation.