SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls

gfhockey

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Are we in the conversation at all for a seed if we get to 8-3?

I would think it would come down to us or NDSU for a seed.  We should get it over them, but when the committee gets together in the back room, it's hard to say how it would play out.  

• Like 1

My feeling is that assuming we are in the playoffs, we're either at Montana or home against Idaho.  Outside shot at playing Weber if they aren't seeded.  With regionalization that's about all that makes sense based on who the potential playoff teams are.

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I get the NCAA likes to have bus trip games.  But, would they really put us in a bracket where UND would play at NDSU in Fargo 2 seeks after they jsut played them in Fargo?  I guess anything to save money. Cause, you know...the NCAA is poor.

Yes and they do that in Big Sky and other conference.  Bus trips rule.

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

I would think it would come down to us or NDSU for a seed.  We should get it over them, but when the committee gets together in the back room, it's hard to say how it would play out.  

Head to head should matter, even to that biased group. But you never know 100%, especially with Juice U’s AD on the committee. I know, I know - he’s supposed to be out of the room for NDSU matters, but I don’t trust all the snakes of that school. 

The Coaches Poll is almost universally disliked, but I do think it's noteworthy that UND was T-37 last week and 28th this week. I'm shocked at that jump. Sam Herder had a few general bullet points showing how ridiculous it is but looking at UND specifically. At least they are now somewhat in the same stratosphere as the other polls. 

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

It would be fun to get a list of actual voters.  A bunch of eastern and southern teams.  Maybe coach Prime.:love:

I watched 60 Minutes story on coach Prime a few weeks ago.  His whole thing was on how important it was to him to have Jackson St raise the stature of their program and how important he was to making that happen.   At the end they asked if he'd listen if a P5 school came call and he indicated that he'd jump in a minute.  

• Upvote 2