SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls

gfhockey

Per Massey, this time next week UND will have played the second toughest schedule in FCS (behind only USD) and will have no fewer than 7 wins. 

Herder: "When you have a weaker SOS (Holy Cross 72nd, Jackson State 114th), I need to see you dominate and outclass inferior opponents." Sounds good. But what about when you have a monster SOS and 42-7 (InStU) a weaker opponent on their field. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Per Massey, this time next week UND will have played the second toughest schedule in FCS (behind only USD) and will have no fewer than 7 wins. 

Herder: "When you have a weaker SOS (Holy Cross 72nd, Jackson State 114th), I need to see you dominate and outclass inferior opponents." Sounds good. But what about when you have a monster SOS and 42-7 (InStU) a weaker opponent on their field. 

I have read a post on this board from a “real” UND fan that our SOS is only inflated because #1 SDSU was on it………. 

• Upvote 3

This is where the polls can get frustrating and even a single loss can be such a setback (SIU). That knocked us back out of the polls after we were already in and now we have had to claw and scratch just to get back to 17. Even with a win against NDSU, how much could we really move up? We would definitely move up a bit (maybe even get a vote in the coaches poll) but how much? A seed would be in play, but how high of a seed? As of now NDSU looks to the #3 (which is absurd) .... so UND should be at least that if we hit 8-3 with a win over the Bison and a tougher SOS , right? So wrong, I'll bet even with a win this weekend we slide in as the #8.

• Upvote 1