SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

29 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What schools throw to their tight ends alot? Personally, I would be more happy that the team is winning and scoring points vs if little Billy is getting his catches but that's just me.   You know more than us.

It was silly of me to suggest any schools throw to TEs or UND keep Red/Zavalney involved.  My apologies.

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Come on now @skateshattrick, @UND-FB-FAN and @Sioux>Bison, let's remember that we are all on the same side. All the infighting is not good for our fan base or any of our teams. NDSU trolls and lurkers probably make popcorn and sit back and enjoy it, which is reason enough not to engage in it. I have season tickets to both sports and I will always support all things UND. Here is to a sweep of the Goofs in Minneapolis and a W vs. South Dakota State in the Alerus Center!

Are we on the same side? I’m not a supporter of the hockey team OR the football team…… I’m a supporter of UND as a whole! 

fans of only one of the programs but not the other hurts UND as a school, all I am trying to do it bring one of the programs up to the level of the other. No reason one program should be favored above the other! From my recollection only one side was calling names!

31 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Anyone surprised by the lack of Ziebarth this year? Hoosman and Smith have both been excellent but just figured coming in we would see Ziebarth more than we have. 

I am surprised, however Hoosman has better than expected and has earned more carries than probably anybody expected.   Plus add Red into the mix a little too.  It's been a good problem to have.   Hopefully we can get a game or two that doesn't come down to the wire and Ziebarth can get a few touches.   

11 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Anyone surprised by the lack of Ziebarth this year? Hoosman and Smith have both been excellent but just figured coming in we would see Ziebarth more than we have. 

Ziebarth needs to be fresh for next year. I hope he’s learning everything he can from Hoosman. He should get a load of carries next year.

• Upvote 2

Listening to the 360 guys give their mid season review, and loved how they talked about the wrinkles Danny throws on 4th and 1 or short yardage situations to gain 30-40+yards. (As I've said, we did this a few years ago with Skokna, but I never saw it again until the last few games)

-vs. Missouri St - Misdirection by Tommy to the left, quick pitch right, Long TD run for Smith.

-vs Youngstown - Q lines up shotgun, runs up to the line, Maag in motion, fake the handoff to Maag, pitch to Smith for an easy TD up the left side of the field.

- 360 guys say next will be a fake pitch, drop back a few yards then toss it to the RB on a wheel route. I like it!

-What about this. Q take the snap and steps forward towards the line, tosses back or pitches out to Romfo who runs it outside and has a run or pass option. Fast enough to make a play, but could make a throw if the receiver gets open deep. Not as fast as Smith, but fast enough if the field is wide open, but has the arm to make a play if the defense sniffs out the run. I'm not Danny Freund offensive genius, but thoughts?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Listening to the 360 guys give their mid season review, and loved how they talked about the wrinkles Danny throws on 4th and 1 or short yardage situations to gain 30-40+yards. (As I've said, we did this a few years ago with Skokna, but I never saw it again until the last few games)

-vs. Missouri St - Misdirection by Tommy to the left, quick pitch right, Long TD run for Smith.

-vs Youngstown - Q lines up shotgun, runs up to the line, Maag in motion, fake the handoff to Maag, pitch to Smith for an easy TD up the left side of the field.

- 360 guys say next will be a fake pitch, drop back a few yards then toss it to the RB on a wheel route. I like it!

-What about this. Q take the snap and steps forward towards the line, tosses back or pitches out to Romfo who runs it outside and has a run or pass option. Fast enough to make a play, but could make a throw if the receiver gets open deep. Not as fast as Smith, but fast enough if the field is wide open, but has the arm to make a play if the defense sniffs out the run. I'm not Danny Freund offensive genius, but thoughts?

I've been waiting for Q to be in......in Shotgun formation....take the snap.....take a step or two forward to fake the run, then pull up and hit a TE going down the seam. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I've been waiting for Q to be in......in Shotgun formation....take the snap.....take a step or two forward to fake the run, then pull up and hit a TE going down the seam. 

Will be for ndsu 

Listening to the 360 podcast, I though it was nice to have Herder on. Usually pretty good insight and nice to have an outsider's perspective.

I did hear him say that outside of NDSU and SDSU, he could see Montana being in the mix to compete for a national championship as well. Now that we are outside of the Big Sky, I don't follow those teams as closely. My initial reaction wasy: ok, sure .... its Montana. Then I started digging into the season and if you ask me, they have yet to prove anything ... certainly not their ranking. Now, The Griz could absolutely be a great team, but they have yet to be tested.

At 5-0, their opponents have a combined record of 6-21:crazy:

Game 1: Northwestern State (2-4: Beat Lamar and Nichols)

Game 2: South Dakota (1-4: Beat Cal Poly)

Game 3: Indiana St. (1-4: Beat N. Alabama ... though tested the almighty cows)

Game 4: Portland St. (2-3: Beat N. AZ and something calls Lincoln University)

Game 5: Idaho St. (0-6) - The Griz won this by a whopping 8 points. Granted, we have see weird things happen in Pocatella.

At first glance, I'm not sure the Bobcats resume is much better. Though I will concede that Sac State and Weber State both have wins against Colorado State and Utah State respectively. It will be interesting to see who rises to the top in the Big Sky, and even if it is the Griz or the Cats, they haven't shown the dominance you would expect from their lofty rankings yet; though I would put the Bobcats ahead of the Griz. (Disclaimer: This is based on scores, stats and articles...I haven't been actually watching these teams)

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Listening to the 360 podcast, I though it was nice to have Herder on. Usually pretty good insight and nice to have an outsider's perspective.

I did hear him say that outside of NDSU and SDSU, he could see Montana being in the mix to compete for a national championship as well. Now that we are outside of the Big Sky, I don't follow those teams as closely. My initial reaction wasy: ok, sure .... its Montana. Then I started digging into the season and if you ask me, they have yet to prove anything ... certainly not their ranking. Now, The Griz could absolutely be a great team, but they have yet to be tested.

At 5-0, their opponents have a combined record of 6-21:crazy:

Game 1: Northwestern State (2-4: Beat Lamar and Nichols)

Game 2: South Dakota (1-4: Beat Cal Poly)

Game 3: Indiana St. (1-4: Beat N. Alabama ... though tested the almighty cows)

Game 4: Portland St. (2-3: Beat N. AZ and something calls Lincoln University)

Game 5: Idaho St. (0-6) - The Griz won this by a whopping 8 points. Granted, we have see weird things happen in Pocatella.

At first glance, I'm not sure the Bobcats resume is much better. Though I will concede that Sac State and Weber State both have wins against Colorado State and Utah State respectively. It will be interesting to see who rises to the top in the Big Sky, and even if it is the Griz or the Cats, they haven't shown the dominance you would expect from their lofty rankings yet; though I would put the Bobcats ahead of the Griz. (Disclaimer: This is based on scores, stats and articles...I haven't been actually watching these teams)

My money would be on Sac State as the best team in the Big Sky.