SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m gonna go with young guy big game brain fart. 

assuming so but maybe he was told that that db is "normally" farther back so next time we run this play leave that guy be and block down so it's one on one with our bigger WR and a smallish corner with our WR at full speed?  who knows...maybe kelly could reach out to danny or the heraldo could ask....

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why? wr got confused, bad coaching, brain fart?

Take the three major fingers on your right hand and put them on the left side of your throat beside the esophagus. 

Do you feel a rhythmic throb right there? 

That WR has the same thing.

Pro Tip: As long as that throb is there, the person with it will make mistakes. When the throb is gone, no more mistakes, but slightly larger problems. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and then this year "they" will say  the opposite....7 doesn't guarantee us anything...if our wins are against a bunch of losers.

Again, if that’s what you want them to be and hoping for……

Youngstown, UNI and ACU would all be better wins than most 7-4 teams could bring to the table assuming our 3 wins to get there are the next 3 games.  

Win the last one (which I believe we can) and it’s a no brainer.  

7-4 puts UND in for sure despite what some would like to see happen. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

At risk of repeating myself ... 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hypothetically, ... 

Say we get to "week last" and SDSU and SIU are each sitting at 0 or 1 loss. They're in. 

Say UND is 7-3 (losses to Neb, SIU, SDSU) and NDSU is 7-3 (losses to Ari, SDSU, SIU). 

When UND wins :) and is 8-3, and NDSU is 7-4, will those same folks be chirping the same "only get 3 teams" noise? 

Summary: Those folks are running an agenda. Here's hoping it backfires badly upon them. 

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

At risk of repeating myself ... 

7-4 UND gets in.  6-5, we are out.  Getting to 7-4 is the trick.  How many times since 2016 have we won 3 games in a row?  I know we won the first 4 in the Spring season.  I will have to go back and look.  Abilene will be a test.  Indiana State on the road will be a test and USD at home will be a test, NDSU on the road is a huge test.  

20 minutes ago, homer said:

Again, if that’s what you want them to be and hoping for……

Youngstown, UNI and ACU would all be better wins than most 7-4 teams could bring to the table assuming our 3 wins to get there are the next 3 games.  

Win the last one (which I believe we can) and it’s a no brainer.  

7-4 puts UND in for sure despite what some would like to see happen. 

Even though I started wondering if we would be in at 7-4, I think we are in.  That year we didn't get in....I believe was the year we had the crappy loss to a 1-2 win Idaho State team at home.  We have zero bad losses this year and will have beaten everyone we should have.  Also, us pounding Missouri State may have set in the for them the beginning of their demise.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we missed the playoffs before with 7 wins and a FBS win....

our wins so far aren't against fcs powers....

When we had 7 wins and left out, it was said the Idaho State home loss that was the excuse. We beat play-off , first round by Portland on the road, blown out by playoff Montana, loss to SU and 1 point loss at Weber. 

On 10/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, Midwestern Hawk said:

It’s obvious they did not practice it enough with that personnel, against that defense enough.  I’m not trying to be difficult,  when mistakes are made that obvious, it’s on the coaches and lack of preparedness.  The UND360 guys infer the WR had a brain cramp.  That’s not how football works.  That’s not how life works.

There was nothing “lucky/unlucky” about the punch-out fumble either. The only luck involved was that SDSU recovered it.

You obviously don’t know how life or football works if you think mistakes never happen…… seriously your takes on UND football lose you credibility every time you post!!!!!!!!!!

Blaming the coaches is even more idiotic! 

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He is the king of the Sioux Sports Worst Top 10………

1. Midwestern Hawks

2. UND Football Fan

3. Siouxfan97

From you, I take that as a badge of honor.  Is it now a requirement on Siouxsports.com, to have your head buried deep in the sand?

I call them as I see them...

Is .500 football ok with you?  Or is it just "bad luck"?

And it's just been "good luck" the last 12 years 90 miles to the south...

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He is the king of the Sioux Sports Worst Top 10………

1. Midwestern Hawks

2. UND Football Fan

3. Siouxfan97

I think those three posters, myself included, are probably a sample of the biggest UND football fans. None of them are sucking up to the coaches or the program, and are certainly not content with .500 football.  If you ask me, UND football would be in a lot better place if the masses actually thought this way and weren’t accepting of perennial .500 football in Grand Forks.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I think those three posters, myself included, are probably a sample of the biggest UND football fans. None of them are sucking up to the coaches or the program, and are certainly not content with .500 football.  If you ask me, UND football would be in a lot better place if the masses actually thought this way and weren’t accepting of perennial .500 football in Grand Forks.

Nothing says real fan like posting what ever you want using a fake user name.   

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND would be buried in coach and other athletic department contract buyouts, players would be reluctant to come play for a place that is run by knee-jerk reactions and no stability and UND would have zero partners that would want to work with them. But other than that, yep, things would be great!!

"Biggest football fans" is an interesting way to spin it. Throw a few others in there who are just as bad or rose and I'm not sure outside of NDSU fans that there is anyone else who gets more some sort of twisted satisfaction when UND struggles or loses.

39 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

UND would be buried in coach and other athletic department contract buyouts, players would be reluctant to come play for a place that is run by knee-jerk reactions and no stability and UND would have zero partners that would want to work with them. But other than that, yep, things would be great!!

"Biggest football fans" is an interesting way to spin it. Throw a few others in there who are just as bad or rose and I'm not sure outside of NDSU fans that there is anyone else who gets more some sort of twisted satisfaction when UND struggles or loses.

Satisfaction when UND struggles?  Go back and look at my posts over the years.  Even this season I have been been a victim of the "kool-aid".  Going into this season Bubba's record over the previous 5 seasons was 26-26.  Logically, why do any of us expect it to improve at this point?  I admit, I was caught up in it again after the victories vs MSU and YSU. 

Yes, there is a cost to trying something else, but there is also a cost to keeping everything the same.  Bubba is a great man, but his record says he is an average football coach.  The University, it's athletic department and the football fans of UND need to decide if being average is ok?  We all have different opinions on what is acceptable, and in my book there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

Coaches recruit players.. Coaches Coach and Players Play

There is a kernel of truth to the point that players screw up and its on the player and also the point that if they were better prepared by the coaches they probably wouldn’t screw up.  This specific pick 6 play.. looks like it was on the player.  I hope the kid learns from it and goes on to have a great year/career.

I tend to look at it more of an aggregate.. Bubba has a 54% winning percentage at UND over 9 years, 51% at UMD and 53% overall so he is actually getting marginally better at UND.  Great teams tend to have less screw ups and so whether that is better players through recruiting or better coaches because of coaching preparation you can argue that both lead back to the coaches.. so blaming the coaches in aggregate is not stupid.

Im optimistic that the squad will figure it out and that we will be 8-3 heading into the playoffs at worse 7-4.. Based on history.. we will likely be 6-5 and miss the playoffs as there will be an inexplicable egg laid in one of the winnable games.  This is another opportunity for Bubba to change the Narrative around UND football and finish the year strong instead of with a whimper… my guess is everyone on this forum, outside of a few NDSU fans, would be ecstatic if that is the case.

Also.. Ill be at the two remaining home games and the NDSU game cheering as loud as anyone else for the old F’n Hawks.. hoping we make the playoffs and start rolling.  I also know that not too many people jump on the bandwagon for a team that hovers around .500 and doesn’t win the really big games.  How do we pack the Alerus?  Doesn’t have anything to do with the sound system or the price of beer or the walkout video (although those are all easily fixable things and should be fixed).. win some big games.. have some home playoff games and win them and people will start showing up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

Coaches recruit players.. Coaches Coach and Players Play

There is a kernel of truth to the point that players screw up and its on the player and also the point that if they were better prepared by the coaches they probably wouldn’t screw up.  This specific pick 6 play.. looks like it was on the player.  I hope the kid learns from it and goes on to have a great year/career.

I tend to look at it more of an aggregate.. Bubba has a 54% winning percentage at UND over 9 years, 51% at UMD and 53% overall so he is actually getting marginally better at UND.  Great teams tend to have less screw ups and so whether that is better players through recruiting or better coaches because of coaching preparation you can argue that both lead back to the coaches.. so blaming the coaches in aggregate is not stupid.

Im optimistic that the squad will figure it out and that we will be 8-3 heading into the playoffs at worse 7-4.. Based on history.. we will likely be 6-5 and miss the playoffs as there will be an inexplicable egg laid in one of the winnable games.  This is another opportunity for Bubba to change the Narrative around UND football and finish the year strong instead of with a whimper… my guess is everyone on this forum, outside of a few NDSU fans, would be ecstatic if that is the case.

Also.. Ill be at the two remaining home games and the NDSU game cheering as loud as anyone else for the old F’n Hawks.. hoping we make the playoffs and start rolling.  I also know that not too many people jump on the bandwagon for a team that hovers around .500 and doesn’t win the really big games.  How do we pack the Alerus?  Doesn’t have anything to do with the sound system or the price of beer or the walkout video (although those are all easily fixable things and should be fixed).. win some big games.. have some home playoff games and win them and people will start showing up.

Great post.  Lots and lots of TRUTH!

23 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Watching it again, I don't think he did.  His right arm swings back signaling something to Tommy?

Screenshot (5216).png

Seriously questions your football IQ if you think he is trying to signal Tommy. WR’s do that when lining up on or off the line. Anyone who has followed football should know that!!!!

22 hours ago, UND1983 said:

If you think #2 wr is signaling Tommy about blocking then you are helpless.  

I still can’t believe he thinks the SR is trying to signal Tommy……. FP

22 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

The receivers and Tommy are signaling to each other throughout the game.  Watch it again.

No when they put their arm behind them or forward. Of course they signal to each other during the game but those are not the signals! Have you never played football?

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You're not nearly as important as you think you are. Get over yourself.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

From you, I take that as a badge of honor.  Is it now a requirement on Siouxsports.com, to have your head buried deep in the sand?

I call them as I see them...

Is .500 football ok with you?  Or is it just "bad luck"?

And it's just been "good luck" the last 12 years 90 miles to the south...

I don’t think any fan of UND football is ok with being .500. I’m also convinced at the end of Bubbas contract if this team isn’t winning we will see a coaching change. Pointless to harp on a coaching change until then.

Im sorry the truth hurts about leading the Sioux Sports Worst Top 10. You are one of the most Toxic posters on their board and contribute nothing constructive!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I still can’t believe he thinks the SR is trying to signal Tommy……. FP

No when they put their arm behind them or forward. Of course they signal to each other during the game but those are not the signals! Have you never played football?

The WR on the line signals the line judge confirming he is considered on the line.  Those are not the signals I am talking about.  How about you watch the game again.

Are those hand signals in the first photo or are they pretending to jump rope?  In the second and third photos, the initial signals to LJ are at 4:38.  #84 signals to #2, 6 seconds later.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/3f6b1ad1-ca85-4d1e-b306-84a8f37a3dc5#bucketId=2

Screenshot (5221).png

Screenshot (5217).png

Screenshot (5216).png

I have a question or two, because I am just a dumb fan who only played football as far as high school and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night…

UND is in its 15th year as an FCS football program. Why, at the beginning of this season were predictions by those in the know on this board topping out at getting to the playoffs? There were many whose ‘hope’ was to win a playoff game and even a few who targeted a national championship game appearance. But the overwhelming expectation was that UND would finish the season at 7-4 and make the playoffs or 6-5 and miss the playoffs. And now, halfway through the season, that appears to be a very accurate prediction.

I am going to expose my old age, but why isn’t UND expected to win conference championships and make deep runs in and through the playoffs, as it was during NCC and DII days? After all, the powers in the MVFC and FCS, NDSU and SDSU (which was not considered a football power then) were members of the NCC when UND’s teams were expected to be in the title conversations every year and not expected to finish barely over .500?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1