SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

3 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

My money would be on Sac State as the best team in the Big Sky. 

I will respond to my original post and acknowledge that Montana IS undefeated AND you can only play the teams that are on your schedule. They should still have some time to prove themselves. Clearly a good football team BUT they have yet to really play some top competition yet.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I will respond to my original post and acknowledge that Montana IS undefeated AND you can only play the teams that are on your schedule. They should still have some time to prove themselves. Clearly a good football team BUT they have yet to really play some top competition yet.

Agree! They do play at both Sac State, Weber State, and Montana State, so their opportunities to prove themselves will come. Not sure I see them losing any of their other games. 

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I never knew the story of how the Griddy started after wins.....but here it is if you haven't seen it, kinda cool. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/everything-you-need-to-know-about-und-coach-bubba-schweigerts-griddy-victory-dance

Singing the fight song after a W is my favorite part of UND football. Neat story

22 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Saying Montana can compete for a national title is different than them being a top team to make the playoffs. The jury is still out on whether they can beat the top teams and make a run for a title. Until they beat the top Big Sky teams they are unproven!

• 2 weeks later...

That win against Youngstown is currently the season saver.....sigh.  missed a great chance against SDSU.  Currently 4-3.

Abilene.....Win

@ Indiana State.....Have to win

South Dakota.....Senior day....please win.

@NDSU...loss.

7-4.  Hold serve at home, don't crap the bed against Indiana State.  I wouldn't mind them winning in Fargo.....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

That win against Youngstown is currently the season saver.....sigh.  missed a great chance against SDSU.  Currently 4-3.

Abilene.....Win

@NDSU...loss.

7-4.  Hold serve at home, don't crap the bed against Indiana State.  I wouldn't mind them winning in Fargo.....

Go 7-4 and UND is in. Beat Fargo U and go 8-3 and UND is definitely in. I do worry about the next 3 games, though; Bubba ball has proven we likely will slip up somewhere down the line and go 6-5, missing the playoffs and continuing mediocrity. 

We will see. I’ll be supporting the squad down the road. Will you all? (I expect the answer to be yes, given the audience on this forum is the diehards, but the fair weather fans need more).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Go 7-4 and UND is in. Beat Fargo U and go 8-3 and UND is definitely in. I do worry about the next 3 games, though; Bubba ball has proven we likely will slip up somewhere down the line and go 6-5, missing the playoffs and continuing mediocrity. 

We will see. I’ll be supporting the squad down the road. Will you all? (I expect the answer to be yes, given the audience on this forum is the diehards, but the fair weather fans need more).

We have to win 3 of last 4 to make playoffs unless one of those wins is in Fargo, otherwise our resume is not good and best win could be against Abilene Christian.  Right now we have no wins against “good” teams.  

15 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We have to win 3 of last 4 to make playoffs unless one of those wins is in Fargo, otherwise our resume is not good and best win could be against Abilene Christian.  Right now we have no wins against “good” teams.  

6-5: out

7-4: in

8-3: definitely in, would be ranked top 20 with NDSU win

52 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

But UND won't have a bad loss either if they take care of business the next three weeks and lose in Fargo.  If UND can go a year without losing to a team that they shouldn't, that would be a good thing for a change. 

Not their faults Mo State fell off a cliff.

Getting Youngstown and UNI to 7 wins will boost the resume.  YSU has a path to get there, UNI might be a tougher path. 

As @The Sicatoka would say: Control what is yours to control.  Get the Dub next week against AC and go from there. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Green and White forever.  I've got a bad feeling about the attendance of the game, but hopefully the guys are in playoff mode by then.  They showed in spurts that they can play with anyone.  Just gotta leave mistakes behind. 

27 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

May have been talked about already but I noticed Creighton Mitchell was suited up yesterday. That’s really great to see. 

You’re the first person I’ve seen mention it. I’m assuming he did not play, though?

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Abilene.....Win

@NDSU...loss.

Surprise - now there are some FCS tweeters who are saying the MVFC might only get 3 teams in this because after the SUs and SIL it "really drops off". UND needs to take care of business first and finish at least 7-4, with our SOS and losses to only top 10 teams and FBS team (hey they are still FBS) not sure how anyone with credibility could say UND does not make it. But we are well aware of what can happen behind the closed doors of the selection committee. 

Getting YSU to 7 wins would be nice as that would then be a high quality road win for us.  Seems crazy people are saying the MVFC would only get 3 teams in.  Like really....some of the other teams in those cream puff conferences should get in over the 4th best MVFC team?  I wouldn't mind getting some style points in at least one of the games the next three weeks.  That said, I'm more worried about us slipping up somewhere....but at least two of them are at home.  Also have to show we belong when we play at NDSU, an upset would be even better. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Getting YSU to 7 wins would be nice as that would then be a high quality road win for us.  Seems crazy people are saying the MVFC would only get 3 teams in.  Like really....some of the other teams in those cream puff conferences should get in over the 4th best MVFC team?  I wouldn't mind getting some style points in at least one of the games the next three weeks.  That said, I'm more worried about us slipping up somewhere....but at least two of them are at home.  Also have to show we belong when we play at NDSU, an upset would be even better. 

I think the Valley finds a way to get 4, but I don't see any more than that.

Sky is going to get 5 and the CAA could get 5 as well. 

*UNI winning out to get to 7-4 will also help.  

21 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Bottom line is UND football still fully controls their destiny.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think the Valley finds a way to get 4, but I don't see any more than that.

Sky is going to get 5 and the CAA could get 5 as well. 

Sky might get a little crazy here with all the good teams playing each other these last 4 weeks

wouldn't count any of them in or out of the top 5 

Montana could find themselves on the outside 

Sac state and Mt state look safe 

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

Sky might get a little crazy here with all the good teams playing each other these last 4 weeks

Montana could find themselves on the outside 

Bobby will go full tilt douchbag if that happens.

• Upvote 4