SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bro, gtfohwybs. That play was 1000000% on the wr who blew the blocking assignment. We run that play all the time and we do it well. It’s pretty simple too. The kid made a massive blunder in the blocking of that play and it was a huge momentum killer. It happens, I doubt it happens again for a few years. 

It wasn't a bad block, he did not attempt to block the DB over him and moved on to the next DB down the line.  IMO if players don't know what they are doing its on the coaches, not the players.  #84 gives  #80 a signal when they line up and then repeats the signal to Tommy before the ball is snapped.  Watch the play again.  #84 does not hesitate he thinks he is supposed to go after the safety.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It wasn't a bad block, he did not attempt to block the DB over him and moved on to the next DB down the line.  IMO if players don't know what they are doing its on the coaches, not the players.  #84 gives  #80 a signal when they line up and then repeats the signal to Tommy before the ball is snapped.  Watch the play again.  #84 does not hesitate he thinks he is supposed to go after the safety.

And he completely fuked up.  What is your point?

23 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

And he completely fuked up.  What is your point?

maybe tommy should say in his head ..."hey that db is a little farther up than normal and we have a young guy over there....we have a 14 point lead and all the mo we need..i'm not liking the look of this play...turns to the sideline and takes a TO..."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We KNOW they didn't practice that play(its an option play, tommy decides based on what he sees to hand off or throw it) enough with #84 in the middle of the trips set and a DB in tight coverage over the top of him.  They had run same play near goal line on second drive and Tommy handed it to smith.

You think they only have one play out of that format?

I can't imagine having that much disdain for people (the coaching staff) that you'd go to those lengths to pin any and all mistakes on them with no hesitation. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You think they only have one play out of that format?

I can't imagine having that much disdain for people (the coaching staff) that you'd go to those lengths to pin any and all mistakes on them with no hesitation. 

Watch the same play on the second drive.  Same arm signal by the #2 in the trips.  They are signaling each other.

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Tommy wasn't even looking at him.  That arm signal means he is off the line. It has nothing to do with blocking 

yes normally that arm thing means he's asking if  he's off the line but he's so far off the line he wouldn't have to do that but maybe he's so used to doing that...maybe it's a blocking signal who knows....maybe the heraldo could break that play down with a little interview with danny and see what the hell happened?

6 minutes ago, homer said:

Only if you don’t want it to be…..

7-4 gets this team in.  We may not like where we get placed but at 7-4 you don’t get much say.  

we missed the playoffs before with 7 wins and a FBS win....

our wins so far aren't against fcs powers....

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The bullet went up and to the left

number 5 did turn and say something to the safety at the 41 before the snap....

so  84 decided not to block the guy literally right in front of him bc ...............why? wr got confused, bad coaching, brain fart?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

And we were very quickly informed that having 4 FCS losses was more important than 6 wins and 1 FBS win (quality loss argument). 

and then this year "they" will say  the opposite....7 doesn't guarantee us anything...if our wins are against a bunch of losers.

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and then this year "they" will say  the opposite....7 doesn't guarantee us anything...if our wins are against a bunch of losers.

If a Missouri Valley team doesn't get in at 7-4, it's more of an indictment on the conference than the team itself. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

number 5 did turn and say something to the safety at the 41 before the snap....

so  84 decided not to block the guy literally right in front of him bc ...............why? wr got confused, bad coaching, brain fart?

I’m gonna go with young guy big game brain fart. 

He probably said, “watch the screen, I hope this dipshit tries to block you and I take this to the house.”, probably.

• Like 1