SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

True, just meaning the Valley tends to be extra physical in that area. Only team that can get away with a one pony stable is Cal Poly and the legendary Joe Protheroe. :D

Love it!!  A truer statement has never been made!!

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

We've talked about a "weak" arm before. 

Watch this: https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/31816-und-travels-to-southern-illinois-oct-16-2pm/page/30/#comment-1203252

The analysis of the throw is here: https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/31816-und-travels-to-southern-illinois-oct-16-2pm/page/30/#comment-1203254 

" ... a 135 foot throw (45 yards), no wind-up, under pressure, into a bucket." <-- And on time. 

Schuster's throwing motion is very smooth and relaxed. He doesn't look like he's rifling a ball, but it gets to where it needs to be on schedule. 

My only critique would be he doesn't seem to like throwing deep down the middle. I suspect it's the "game manager" mindset (no picks). 

We haven't had a receiver we should be throwing to deep over the middle for years.

When you have dom and mcfooley on the show telling everyone how the fcs only has 3 teams that can win it and there  should be only 16 and preferably 8 teams in the playoffs it gets a little hard to swallow 

a couple key injuries to the ag school this year could make a long year for them

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Bold take, why error on the high side when you can drag your rival team through the mud…… but shouldn’t he be neutral?

In all fairness I believe he predicted like 7-4 for the squad last year?  Seems to be somewhat objective on his takes if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Kab said:

When you have dom and mcfooley on the show telling everyone how the fcs only has 3 teams that can win it and there  should be only 16 and preferably 8 teams in the playoffs it gets a little hard to swallow 

a couple key injuries to the ag school this year could make a long year for them

And then he wonders why interest in NDSU football is down.  Maybe bashing the FCS for two years straight was part of the reason.  He's basically making the "JV football" argument that hockey fans make when they compare college hockey to fcs football.  Just stupid.  

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

guessing he's going as

nebraska-l

uni-l

northern az-w

missouri state-l

ysu-l

sdsu-l

abu-w

isu-w

usd-w

ndac-l

That's only 6, you forgot SIU.  Yeah he probably has it like that, or us beating YSU and losing to USD.   I think we are ranked 7th in the preseason MVFC right, so if that played out that is 6 losses, and then loss to Nebraska for the 7th loss.  If that happens, it's time for a change. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

That's only 6, you forgot SIU.  Yeah he probably has it like that, or us beating YSU and losing to USD.   I think we are ranked 7th in the preseason MVFC right, so if that played out that is 6 losses, and then loss to Nebraska for the 7th loss.  If that happens, it's time for a change. 

Can we let the season start first. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What's "book" on Colton Hackel? He has an easy throwing motion and a relatively big arm in the (admittedly few) video clips I've seen of him. Is there potential there? 

Uphill battle ahead of him as a throwing QB, misses on a lot of throws. Needs to work in that. 

he is an athlete though, always potential to use him in QB running packages or move him to different position 

ultimately only time will tell, but that is current outlook- still young player

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So we get to play one game on Sunday this season.  :D

• Upvote 4