SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

It’s all been just D1 records he’s been setting right? Not saying it’s not impressive. 

I guess I don’t know what the DII records are, but I would assume with a season and a half left, he would be sniffing all-time school records.  Someone have access to the all-time stats?

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I guess I don’t know what the DII records are, but I would assume with a season and a half left, he would be sniffing all-time school records.  Someone have access to the all-time stats?

Go to Fighting Hawks.com and go to Football and find the 2022 Media guide. Scroll down the PDF to the records section. That will give you where he was at at the beginning of the 2022 season in some categories. Then just add on this years stats. 

EDIT: For other categories, you can go to his roster full bio and look at his updated career stats to compare to all time leaders. 

33 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Go to Fighting Hawks.com and go to Football and find the 2022 Media guide. Scroll down the PDF to the records section. That will give you where he was at at the beginning of the 2022 season in some categories. Then just add on this years stats. 

Looks like he only needs about 1,000 yards to be the all-time leader. Could certainly happen this season. 

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Looks like he only needs about 1,000 yards to be the all-time leader. Could certainly happen this season. 

If Tommy stays health.  He will own all categories except completion %.  That would be tough to make up 5% this far into his career.

He will probably own, passing Attempts   completions and yards this year.  Next year total passing TD's.  Amazing.

11 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

If Tommy stays health.  He will own all categories except completion %.  That would be tough to make up 5% this far into his career.

He will probably own, passing Attempts   completions and yards this year.  Next year total passing TD's.  Amazing.

Imagine if he stays 2 more years, which he can? 5 year starters completely changing the record books. 

39 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I thought his status as a Junior already included his free year. Anyone have better insight?

So he redshirted the year before Covid, started the spring season as a redshirt freshman, started last year as a sophomore and now is a junior but he still has the Covid year on top of next year. 

2019 - Redshirt

2020 - RS Freshman COVID/Spring Season (Free year)

2021 - RS Sophomore

2022 - RS Junior

2023 - RS Senior

2024 - Extra Year

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Is anyone else tracking Tommy’s incredible surge through the all-time UND record books?  

Our next game against SDSU would be a great time for him to break Braden Hansen's single game record. :) 

660 Passing Yards (w/ 5 TDs to boot)

Hard to forget that game against Montana. Greg Hardin also had 333 receiving yards (w/ 3 TDs) .... As I type this I had to verify the numbers multiple times because that just seems so improbably. Those are video game numbers.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Our next game against SDSU would be a great time for him to break Braden Hansen's single game record. :) 

Hard to forget that game against Montana. Greg Hardin also had 333 receiving yards (w/ 3 TDs) .... As I type this I had to verify the numbers multiple times because that just seems so improbably. Those are video game numbers.

Even crazier, he was on pace for 800 yards at the half. Also of note, longest game of my life. 

• Upvote 1

Rewatching the game right now. The Bo Belquist completion when we were backed up near our endzone was huge. Great scramble by Tommy and great effort by Bo. So both Tommy and Bo are listed as Juniors, but that doesn't account for their Covid season, right? So do we have both for 2 more years?

It also can't be stated enough how much Caleb Nelson and Sam Robertson leaving hurt this team. I'd feel much better with that depth in the secondary. Its clearly our weakness and when we play a good team, they will try to expose it. More nervous about SDSU here than I am NDSU.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

It also can't be stated enough how much Caleb Nelson and Sam Robertson leaving hurt this team.

And Sammy Fort's injury.  From what I remember, he has not been declared done for the season, correct?

16 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Wow that was a great game. Remember like it was yesterday!

Question I keep asking myself....Where is Melachi Buckner? Was All-confernce at Gardner Webb right? The safety play hasn't been any better then the #2 corner play. KK (#24) and Coley get burned and seem like they miss some tackles every game.

25 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Rewatching the game right now. The Bo Belquist completion when we were backed up near our endzone was huge. Great scramble by Tommy and great effort by Bo. So both Tommy and Bo are listed as Juniors, but that doesn't account for their Covid season, right? So do we have both for 2 more years?

It also can't be stated enough how much Caleb Nelson and Sam Robertson leaving hurt this team. I'd feel much better with that depth in the secondary. Its clearly our weakness and when we play a good team, they will try to expose it. More nervous about SDSU here than I am NDSU.

Don’t forget Urwiler. He would’ve been a major factor this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Don’t forget Urwiler. He would’ve been a major factor this year.

I agree, but LB has been fortified by Petigo. I’ve noticed 44 was not in there for much of 2nd half. Navratil limited as well. That group has nice depth.

7 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Question I keep asking myself....Where is Melachi Buckner? Was All-confernce at Gardner Webb right? The safety play hasn't been any better then the #2 corner play. KK (#24) and Coley get burned and seem like they miss some tackles every game.

I watched the game again~he was in there during one of there last drives.

Heading into the off week UND currently sits at 4-2 overall (3-1 in MVFC). I would call their remaining schedule fairly favorable. Three home games > two road. On paper I would still call @ Indiana State your highest % chance of a win on the road out of any this year. I won't spend much time discussing this team offensively (very solid) or special teams (pretty good). Let's all concentrate on the defensive side of the ball. My question would be, can that side of the ball take a step and just be average? My hope is that this week off is just what the defense needs. Time to regroup and really study the film. There are some positives recently, they've given up 10 and 9 points in the second half's of the last two games. Which is respectable. Opponents 3rd down % has been again, respectable the last two weeks. Still high on the year 50.68%, but that's down 8% from where they were at after the SIU game. In general, they've had really good red zone defense. Given up TD's on only 55% of the time. 

I agree with @The Sicatoka, I think Ocansey is fine opposite of Siegel. The CB position is not my #1 worry anymore on the defensive side of the ball. I'm still convinced the overall talent is there, just get better week by week.