SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

On 1/4/2022 at 9:11 AM, gundy1124 said:

just a question - Where's Otis?

Not to be a joker or anything but I am generally interested in where he lands. I do wish him the best and appreciated his time here at UND so that is why I am interested in where he lands. 

49 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Not to be a joker or anything but I am generally interested in where he lands. I do wish him the best and appreciated his time here at UND so that is why I am interested in where he lands. 

My early guess is either back at UND or in the southeast US.  Not a lot of options out there right now.  

23 minutes ago, homer said:

My early guess is either back at UND or in the southeast US.  Not a lot of options out there right now.  

I'd be fairly surprised to see the former.
I think once a player has let the coaches know that they are looking at transferring, they wish them well and move on.
Maybe he does end up back, but I would guess that scholarship money has been allocated elsewhere by now.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:24 AM, crb1 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play football again.  The deadline to enroll for the spring semester I assume is this week.  Without enrollment, he misses out on spring ball and that’s big for a D1 transfer. The problem with Otis is he was good but not great enough for teams to take a chance on.  Too much baggage for most teams to deal with.  Otis is a good kid but listened to the wrong people.  UND gave him a chance along with 25 carries a game, sorry another FCS team wont do this and he is not great enough for an FBS team to deal with.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

ND1…. Good assessment. I truly wish him well. I hope things work out for him. Any chance UND keeps him? I am not familiar with how the transfer portal works if you don’t get selected.

I don't think there is any way he stays at UND.  I am quite sure we have no interest!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

ND1…. Good assessment. I truly wish him well. I hope things work out for him. Any chance UND keeps him? I am not familiar with how the transfer portal works if you don’t get selected.

Most colleges have a policy of not taking players back once they enter the TP and that's the right call.   I certainly hope UND doesn't allow him back.  The idea of letting players test the waters and coming running back is not a good idea.  And I sure wouldn't want a situation like Bubba had with Grady, always trying to get him back.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2022 at 10:19 AM, homer said:

I hate extending a thread about a former player - but thinking he might end up at a higher level DII school - Mankato, Sioux Falls, thinking grades might also be an issue.  

On 1/9/2022 at 2:42 PM, Hawkster said:

Most colleges have a policy of not taking players back once they enter the TP and that's the right call.   I certainly hope UND doesn't allow him back.  The idea of letting players test the waters and coming running back is not a good idea.  And I sure wouldn't want a situation like Bubba had with Grady, always trying to get him back.  

Grady should have taken Bubba up on the offer, was federally indicted and convicted on drug conspiracy charges. Got 30 months.

Name: ELIJAH BEAU GRADY
Register Number: 17003-059
Race: American Indian
Sex: Male
Released On: 04/08/2021

13 minutes ago, USTBench said:

Grady should have taken Bubba up on the offer, was federally indicted and convicted on drug conspiracy charges. Got 30 months.

Not surprised by this if true.

21 minutes ago, USTBench said:

Life is all about decisions, seems to have taken the wrong one

1 hour ago, USTBench said:

But does he still have any eligibility?