SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Again in the semifinals. Top seeded remaining team. Seems to me they are still pretty darn good. For U of North Dakota, have to beat the best to be the best. North Dakota State still remains on top. A lot of work to be done.

For real? I never knew that tidbit

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Again in the semifinals. Top seeded remaining team. Seems to me they are still pretty darn good. For U of North Dakota, have to beat the best to be the best. North Dakota State still remains on top. A lot of work to be done.

Then why should they care if this kid wants to transfer out? They have this mentality that kids would rather sit on the bench at NDSU than start for UND. That was the point of the post you are responding to; they shouldn't care one way or the other.

As for whether it will pay off for us, that won't be known for a year or two. I certainly hope the kid fits in here and can contribute.

Just now, UND1983 said:

Caleb Nelson transferred to Sac State.  He is from there but I don't think he wanted to go there initially upon entering portal just my guess

Didn't he have an offer from them out of high school?  Things can change and distance makes the heart grow fonder I guess, but I'd assume he was hoping for a Fresno St or SJSU offer.

Dear Transfer Portal,

Our recruited kicker got Shang-hai'd by a no good former Bison HC now at Kansas State. 

By chance would you have a solid PK (on and off-field) with a couple-three years of eligibility left just hangin' 'round. If so, let them know they'd be kicking indoors for practice and home games, and three conference opponents have domes also. 

Thank you,
(signed) 
North Dakota Football Fans 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

As of this morning. Out of the 764 FBS transfers only 123 have found a new school. That leaves 641 players that are still looking for a new home. Maybe UND can find a good fit for one of them?!?

I would tend to agree that there are many good players that could help us left in the portal. They don’t need to be game changers - just better than what we think we have now.