SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

18 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Are we going to get any good news on this topic anytime soon? :(

Btw, I hope that kid likes losing because he'll be doing a lot of it at NMSU.

The topic probably should be The Transfer portal - 2021 - It Taketh Away.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, USTBench said:

LOL

I'm no compliance official (or his probations officer) but it seems like a longshot. 

Just imagine the Elijah having a conversation with Otis to convince him to come back. The Grady Train blocking the way for Weah all season! We can be known as like 8th Chance U! I can see the Disney posters now! While we are at it, maybe Keelan Poole wants to come back and play a bit.

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Just imagine the Elijah having a conversation with Otis to convince him to come back. The Grady Train blocking the way for Weah all season! We can be known as like 8th Chance U! I can see the Disney posters now! While we are at it, maybe Keelan Poole wants to come back and play a bit.

I wonder if Chappell has any quick twitch left? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Do you really want a team full of NDSU washouts?   We need players that are better than ndsu.

You do realize how ridiculous this sounds from a team that just missed the playoffs, talking about a team that just won yet another championship?

We take players from other teams, and that's ok? There are a few ways to look at this .... does this kid have talent and he is just buried under some better players? possible. Does he have talent, but just doesn't care for NDSU (school, campus, coaches, city, etc.)? Maybe. Do you take a kid, purely because he was at NDSU? Of course not.

Ultimately, does he have talent? Can he contribute? Is he a good kid? I don't care where a kid is transferring from NDSU, UofM, Alabama .... he needs to be evaluated to see if it makes sense. We have seen D2 talent step up at UND and dominate (Krzanowski, Coe) and we have seen FBS dropdowns come in and do nothing. Every kid is their own player and can have their own contribution. If the coaches think Seth Anderson can step in and help by starting or being a depth guy, I'm for it. 

And as much as I can't stand NDSU, and am sick of hearing about their football team, they obviously keep getting something right. (Entz still sucks)

• Upvote 2

Is that the only NDSU player that entered the portal?  Or is it less likely players would enter the portal right now because they would need to be enrolled in spring semester and it is kind of too late to get picked up so they would wait until end of semester?  

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

You do realize how ridiculous this sounds from a team that just missed the playoffs, talking about a team that just won yet another championship?

We take players from other teams, and that's ok? There are a few ways to look at this .... does this kid have talent and he is just buried under some better players? possible. Does he have talent, but just doesn't care for NDSU (school, campus, coaches, city, etc.)? Maybe. Do you take a kid, purely because he was at NDSU? Of course not.

Ultimately, does he have talent? Can he contribute? Is he a good kid? I don't care where a kid is transferring from NDSU, UofM, Alabama .... he needs to be evaluated to see if it makes sense. We have seen D2 talent step up at UND and dominate (Krzanowski, Coe) and we have seen FBS dropdowns come in and do nothing. Every kid is their own player and can have their own contribution. If the coaches think Seth Anderson can step in and help by starting or being a depth guy, I'm for it. 

And as much as I can't stand NDSU, and am sick of hearing about their football team, they obviously keep getting something right. (Entz still sucks)

The point I was making was we need quality players.   I hate NDSU as much as anyone but we are going to need top notch players.   We certainly aren't going to out coach those guys.

I'm sure anyone leaving NDSU with eligibility does so because they got passed on the dept chart.   They certainly didn't leave because of the championship ring they got.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Does anyone know if Otis landed anywhere?  I haven't seen anything on him.

It is highly doubtful Otis will land anywhere. Otis has been suspended from UND for sexual assault. This is not an accusation, this is factual and can be verified by contacting UND. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...