SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

21 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So why hasn’t Otis been getting any offers? If he was such a top talent why haven’t FBS teams been tromping down the door to sign him? 

Did he hit the transfer portal because he was forced out by the coaching staff because of discipline issues? Are we letting him back if he doesn’t get the offer he wants?

I believe he did it kind of out of the blue with perhaps some bad advice. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So why hasn’t Otis been getting any offers? If he was such a top talent why haven’t FBS teams been tromping down the door to sign him? 

Did he hit the transfer portal because he was forced out by the coaching staff because of discipline issues? Are we letting him back if he doesn’t get the offer he wants?

From a team perspective, I can’t imagine the staff would let him back in.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Hate to give up on a young man. Depends if the coaches think he still is positive to the program. Headaches are nice to avoid 

We didn’t give up on him. He left us hanging after we went above and beyond and dealt with his bull$%!#. The door swings out at the exit but locks behind you.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Gotta believe our coaching staff will take the high road and offer him advice, whether he takes it is up to him.  Really hope he finds a path. 

Yeah take the high road and help get him an offer to U Mary. Seriously, he needs to reevaluate right now what he want to do. Come back now or never. He is already enough baggage.

7 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

From a team perspective, I can’t imagine the staff would let him back in.

And they shouldn't!  If you walk out for greener pastures then find out it's just a field of sh*t out there - that's YOUR problem Otis.

Good Riddance!

14 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I believe he did it kind of out of the blue with perhaps some bad advice

We have a winner. 100% accurate. 

My contacts question if he'll even play another down of CFB again based on the bed he made for himself and is currently lying in. His phone definitely doesn't need extra minutes right now.

46 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Well it looks like NDSU lost safety Mason Ellis (who had verbally committed in October). He is from KS and stated yesterday he will play for KS U not NDSU.

Like with Magli, you really wish they wouldn't pick the weekend before signing day to decide to change their minds.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, SkoHawks said:

Players leaving creates opportunities, so who do you hope or think capitalizes the most on the departures of each of these specific players?

Quinton Sequin

Quinn Urweiler

Caleb Nelson

Sam Robertson

That one RB that left.

We lost a RB? :whistling:

I know that offers don't mean everything, but I think it's worth noting again the potential that Brayden Bryant has.  His offer list, whether some were pulled eventually or not, includes, based on his twitter feed:

Texas State, Eastern Kentucky, Central Arkansas, Louisiana Monroe, Mercer, Missouri State, UMass, Tarleton State, Southern Illinois, Middle Tennessee State, and Indiana State.

If he comes back from his surgery ready for the fall, this could be a big get, although he has to earn it.  Also really interested in the Northern State potential transfer.  Our OL could be absolutely transformed next year with a couple of these young men.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I know that offers don't mean everything, but I think it's worth noting again the potential that Brayden Bryant has.  His offer list, whether some were pulled eventually or not, includes, based on his twitter feed:

Texas State, Eastern Kentucky, Central Arkansas, Louisiana Monroe, Mercer, Missouri State, UMass, Tarleton State, Southern Illinois, Middle Tennessee State, and Indiana State.

If he comes back from his surgery ready for the fall, this could be a big get, although he has to earn it.  Also really interested in the Northern State potential transfer.  Our OL could be absolutely transformed next year with a couple of these young men.

And what I've heard about Lotysz along with his dad's history, I'm hoping he's healthy and able to make a big difference too.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Let’s not act like these things weren’t already happening under the table for years.

So you're suggesting there was a nefarious use of money in amateur sports before this year?

As the constable in Casablanca would say, "I'm shocked. Shocked I say."

19 hours ago, Hambone said:

I think he can be a good player, but when it comes to offensive line, need five good ones. Hope UND can get another good one or two, otherwise have to really hope current players take a BIG step forward this offseason.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:49 AM, UND1983 said:

Kind of fun to watch bisonville turn on their own and make up excuses & slander him about why he left.  Yah man, Anderson couldn't handle workouts with Kramer, that's it.  They got deeper issues in that program from what I am hearing.  

Oh, and what happened to "once a bison, always a bison"? 

Again in the semifinals. Top seeded remaining team. Seems to me they are still pretty darn good. For U of North Dakota, have to beat the best to be the best. North Dakota State still remains on top. A lot of work to be done.

• Upvote 2