SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Is this list correct. Known offers, let me know what I missed.

• O-line. 
    • Offers: 5
    • Committed: 3
    • Waiting: 1
  • WR:
    • Offers: 1
    • Committed: 0
  • LB:
    • Committed: 1
  • D-Line:
    • Offers: 2
    • Committed: 0
    • Waiting: 1
  • DB:
    • Committed: 1

The two offers that have either not committed to UND or elsewhere are Chance Main (DL) and Emmit Bohle (OL). 

This is just what I've picked up through social media. So far, this has been a pretty high hit rate on offers. 

Who is the WR that got offered? Zeke Blake was one but he committed to Youngstown. Did see that Danny was following a speedy slot WR on twitter but forgot the name. Had a bunch of D2 offers but I didn't see that UND offered him.

4 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Who is the WR that got offered? Zeke Blake was one but he committed to Youngstown. Did see that Danny was following a speedy slot WR on twitter but forgot the name. Had a bunch of D2 offers but I didn't see that UND offered him.

Blake was the one WR offer I noted. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Blake was the one WR offer I noted. 

O ok, Well then yeah he committed to Youngstown. Hope they're still looking for a speedy wideout, safety and if they can get Bohle to sign that would round out a pretty good recruiting class.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

FOR ALL (and @jimdahl) TO READ AND UNDERSTAND:

There is a consistent rumor about a player being brought here. To date it is a rumor, an allegation. There has been no public documentation to date. 

If it's an unfounded allegation you're harming a person; if there is substance, you may be harming an investigation. 

Perpetuating this rumor puts this site at risk and is a violation of forum guidelines. Continuing to do so, without public documentation, will be met with suspensions. Not a threat, just fair warning. 

That is all.

Carry on. 

Finally. Moderators all have weekends off??

So will this be the norm going forward, or will there be a calming of the waters so to speak with transfers as the years progress.

Will there be enough cases where people might go.  Well person A went into the portal, got shafted and landed in a bad spot, maybe it isn't so bad here after all. 

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

O ok, Well then yeah he committed to Youngstown. Hope they're still looking for a speedy wideout, safety and if they can get Bohle to sign that would round out a pretty good recruiting class.

Right, my format must have been confusing and I realize now looking back that it was. 

Blake (WR), Shugarts (D-Line), Warner (O-Line) were all offers that have committed elsewhere. To my knowledge only two offers that have not committed and I mentioned those earlier. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So will this be the norm going forward, or will there be a calming of the waters so to speak with transfers as the years progress.

Will there be enough cases where people might go.  Well person A went into the portal, got shafted and landed in a bad spot, maybe it isn't so bad here after all. 

... grass is always greener, ... until it's not. 

25 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

See any transfers from the MBB (minus Rebraca) who went to another D1 school 

I wouldn’t use the MBB program as an example. Without doing any research I would find it hard to believe that EKU / JMU could be worse than UND.

Edit: Guess it's NKU and not EKU. NKU does appear to be awful, so I guess we'll call it a lateral move. 

31 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

That says a lot about our program doesn't it?

I'd like to see what happens this offseason before asking questions about the program.  I don't count the first offseason due to usual house cleaning after a new staff takes over.  

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

I wouldn’t use the MBB program as an example. Without doing any research I would find it hard to believe that EKU / JMU could be worse than UND.

Edit: Guess it's NKU and not EKU. NKU does appear to be awful, so I guess we'll call it a lateral move. 

Sims went from playing 20-25 minutes a night in a key role to just barely getting 10 minutes a night.  

JMU is better, but Ihenacho would have been better served being the guy at UND and tearing up the Summit League vs a reserve role. 

DAE... He hasn't come close to matching what he did his freshman year at UND at UNO. 

These three could have easily stayed and have done more for UND than they ever probably will at the programs they are currently at.  I think they honestly were expecting to go to bigger schools than they ended up at.  

Didn't mean to hijack the thread to bring other sports into it.  We can go back to discussing Football Only. 

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Seems Montana's punter Brian Buschini portal'd to Nebraska ... and then burned the bridges behind him

The snark on the way out, it's a Buschini-league move by him. 

If that's burning bridges, then Montana has pretty thin skin.  Kid was a walk on at Montana and earned first team All America honors and is now on scholarship at Nebraska.  In looking at his actual twitter he's hugely complimentary of his teammates at UM.  Even that facebook post has a response questioning the legitimacy of that tweet, since it was a screenshot and not linked.

Hearing from a credible source that the reason that Otis didn't make the trip to Southern Illinois was that he skipped practice the entire week leading up to the game.  Take into consideration that he also missed the Drake game for missing a team meeting.  If this is all true, I don't know how he wasn't dismissed from the team that week.  It is sounding more and more like Otis entering the transfer portal was a way for him to leave the team with some dignity because Bubba may have told him to do it because he was going to be dismissed from the team.