SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

41 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Yes let's all freak out and reinstate the restrictions that did not work the first time for a virus that has a 99% survival rate. The 7 day rolling death total is the lowest since this all stated in March 2020. It'a all about control.

Please spare us the tin foil hat rhetoric. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

18 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So what are realistic expectations for this season.  Fall camp has arrived.

My gut say 8-3 and 6-2 in the Valley.  Too high?  Too low? Just right?

8-3 would be huge.  7-4 is what my gut tells me but I can talk myself into one extra win or loss each time I look at the schedule.  

51 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

These are actual stats genius.

Do you really want to go down this road - I don't. And I accept that I have genius tendencies since I have a degree from UND. As Mark Twins said "All generalizations are false, including this one". Let's keep it Sioux focused, so we can have a beer together someday. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I want to win ALL of our home games, get revenge on Idaho St., and prove that the Mo. St. playoff game wasn't a fluke.  That's 7 wins.  I don't expect to beat Utah State, and wouldn't be disappointed losing on the road to the SD schools.  That's 3 losses.  The So. Illinois game is a toss-up, IMO.  So we're either 7-4 or 8-3 the way I see it.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

I want to win ALL of our home games, get revenge on Idaho St., and prove that the Mo. St. playoff game wasn't a fluke.  That's 7 wins.  I don't expect to beat Utah State, and wouldn't be disappointed losing on the road to the SD schools.  That's 3 losses.  The So. Illinois game is a toss-up, IMO.  So we're either 7-4 or 8-3 the way I see it.

I’d prefer not to lose to USD as I will be there and all my in-laws are USD grads. 

23 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Utah State is picked to finish 6th in the Mountain Division of their conference - so let's start believing. Super excited to be making the trip. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I think they can beat Utah State 1-5 last year. 

8-3 is definitely playoff spot, with possible seeding in top 8 depending on a few thing, that would be great.  7-4 Likely playoffs but possibly on the road.  6-5 is our worse case scenario......I hope.   Need that OL to figure things out after just a few games.  

To me:  The season comes down to these three games.

@ USD (10/9)

@ SIU (10/16)

@ Missouri State (10/30)

I expect UND to win 4 games at home and win out at Idaho State.  The three games above will be the make or break portion of their season.  If they are truly ready to make the next step, they get all 3 (at worst they win 2).  

I do think it is more likely they win out at Utah State than at SDSU. However, I have both as a loss. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

@ USD (10/9)

@ SIU (10/16)

@ Missouri State (10/30)

I'd agree with you on this, each of these games will be tough and they will all want some revenge from last year.  Would be nice if we could beat NDSU at home and go 5-0 at home, then if we drop one of these three we are still sitting in a pretty good spot. 

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

@ USD (10/9)

@ SIU (10/16)

@ Missouri State (10/30)

I expect UND to win 4 games at home and win out at Idaho State.  The three games above will be the make or break portion of their season.  If they are truly ready to make the next step, they get all 3 (at worst they win 2).  

I do think it is more likely they win out at Utah State than at SDSU. However, I have both as a loss. 

I think you can add ISU.  They aren't really a cakewalk and they put up some good offensive numbers this spring.  Nearly beat EWU and UC Davis and their other two losses were to Weber.  Not sure who they have returning.

https://isubengals.com/sports/football/schedule/2020

25 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think you can add ISU.  They aren't really a cakewalk and they put up some good offensive numbers this spring.  Nearly beat EWU and UC Davis and their other two losses were to Weber.  Not sure who they have returning.

https://isubengals.com/sports/football/schedule/2020

Not only would I also add ISU, I think the first game will tell you the story of the season. 

On 7/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, Teeder11 said:

Recently watched Idaho State vs Idaho spring 2021 game on YouTube. Bengals have an accurate passer in Vander Waal and a bevy of young dangerous receivers esp, Tanner Connor, who reminds me of Cooper Kupp. Running game is serviceable with Rango. If we can get a DL push and let our LBs terrorize like we did against SDSU, SIU and Mo State, we should be ok.  I like the news I’m hearing about Beach and Orlando, along with Morrison, we should be able to get better penetration, eat some blocks and get an occasional sack. The game is in Pocatello so we’ve got that going for us. If it would have been at the Alerus, good night!  ( :

Bump.

• Upvote 1